PDA

View Full Version : Bears, Bills have familiar look

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 05:46 AM
''I think these guys are one of the best teams in the NFL right now,'' said the Bills' Willis McGahee, the NFL's leading rusher with 389 yards. ''We're going to have a challenge in front of us. We fought through last week and hopefully we can fight through this week.''
The Bears showed they are a serious contender for the NFC title last week when they routed Seattle 37-6, even if the Seahawks were missing the injured Shaun Alexander. And the Bills, with new coach Dick Jauron, are 2-2 after beating Minnesota 17-12. more (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/87868,cst-spt-bear08.article)

Cntrygal
10-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Although Sunday's game will be his first as a head coach at Soldier Field since the Bears fired him after five years following the 2003 season, Jauron downplayed the homecoming angle. But Bears guard Ruben Brown was planning a rather large reunion of family and friends.

An eight-time Pro Bowl selection for Buffalo, Sunday's game will be his first against his former team. Usually, he needs three or four tickets.

This week?

He's giving away more than 30, and that doesn't include tickets some friends and relatives bought on their own.

''This is like my rookie year,'' said Brown, who signed with the Bears before the 2004 season. ''My rookie year, I gave out a lot of tickets. This one is special to me.''

Brown spent nine seasons in Buffalo, and his wife and three children still live there. His kids still wear Bills jerseys, which is fine with their father. And if his friends are decked out in Bills gear, well, that's OK as long as they root for him.

Smart kids!