PDA

View Full Version : Ahead of the Curve

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Defensive linemen John McCargo and Kyle Williams always envisioned themselves playing in the NFL. They even figured they would get a chance to play early. But they didn't expect to have prominent roles as rookies. That doesn't mean McCargo and Williams lacked the confidence or the talent to perform in the NFL. It's just that first-year players usually have to wait for their opportunities. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061008/1074654.asp)

Cntrygal
10-08-2006, 10:15 AM
year ago, McCargo and Williams were big men on their college campuses. Now they are role players who are having a positive impact on one of the best defenses in the NFL.

"It feels good to come in as rookies and show you belong in the NFL," Williams said. "Every time you go out and make plays you're helping your team. John and I fit in good with the defense. We've been playing well. If you're playing well on a defense that's playing well, there's nothing like it."

I've got a tear in my eye!!!!!!

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Williams has really impressed me. He stood out in preseason...is performing in the regular season. What impresses me the most is that the day I saw him at camp, he seemed to be struggling more than just about anyone in some of the drills.