• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

what if JP sucks today?

Just want to get a feel for what the reaction will be. Will he get a pass because he's a rookie and the Bears are a good team? Today is a big test...and I think we're going to get a feel for what we really have in JP Losman. I want to see his head in this game.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: what if JP sucks today?

depends on what happens...what he does wrong
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

He's certainly not a rookie... inexperience yes, rookie no... He'll get a pass from me, dependant on exactly what causes the suckiness. I've been impressed with the Bills so far, they're much better than I expected. That being said, I don't think they're quite ready for the Bears yet and that defense is pure nasty... I expect there to be some trouble for the offense today without a doubt.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

JP learns from his mistakes and gets better prepared for next week.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

It depends on the level of suckiness.

Hassellbeck looked like crap last week.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
            He's certainly not a rookie... inexperience yes, rookie no... He'll get a pass from me, dependant on exactly what causes the suckiness. I've been impressed with the Bills so far, they're much better than I expected. That being said, I don't think they're quite ready for the Bears yet and that defense is pure nasty... I expect there to be some trouble for the offense today without a doubt.

there are a lot of people here who say he's a rookie because he's only been in the league three years and played in 15 or so games.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              JP learns from his mistakes and gets better prepared for next week.
              I think that is a very good point...a lot of it would depend on how he responds. I don't think he's going to suck today anyway.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                Just want to get a feel for what the reaction will be. Will he get a pass because he's a rookie and the Bears are a good team? Today is a big test...and I think we're going to get a feel for what we really have in JP Losman. I want to see his head in this game.
                My reaction will be plain and simple. JP does not have the experience yet to be EXPECTED to play well week in and week out. Furthermore, theres few if any QB's that play well every single week.

Id LIKE to see JP continue to play consistent football and buck the trend for young QB's. However, no one should expect him to.

Therefore, if it happens, we should simply realize that it was likely that he would have bad games and move on. If it doesnt, we should feel even better about what JP can mean to this franchise.

People who want to blow a gasket when a young QB plays like a young QB, are illogical and irrational. Those are nice words for silly.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                  I think that is a very good point...a lot of it would depend on how he responds. I don't think he's going to suck today anyway.
                  I've always thought we need to play JP all of this season and judge his overall performance, rather than looking at one specific game - good or bad.

Barring injury, he will have 24 starts under his belt at year end, and we should then have a pretty good idea of what we have.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I've always thought we need to play JP all of this season and judge his overall performance, rather than looking at one specific game - good or bad.

Barring injury, he will have 24 starts under his belt at year end, and we should then have a pretty good idea of what we have.

I agree we can't use one game...but I really need to see JP not get intimidated. I need to see him keep his head in a tough game. I think this is part of where his real challenge is.

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla admin
                      • Jul 2002

If he sucks today, i will kick Typ0's ass for starting this thread.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
                        that's exactly what I was hoping for...now if it happens despite my depression I am going to get a nice bonus. a pick me up of sorts.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by shelby
                          please forward a video link in...say...5 or so hours!!!

Comment

• shelby
                            The Vanilla admin
                            • Jul 2002

Good Lord man, with all the media hype this week, don't you believe Losman is mentally prepared for this game?
                            He will not up.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                              please forward a video link in...say...5 or so hours!!!
                              2 things
                              sounds like you think he will suck today
                              Typ0's in Buffalo...shelby's in Tampa...and she's short...her legs ain't gonna reach far enough
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X