PDA

View Full Version : These are truly the saddest days

Buffarama
02-25-2003, 08:14 PM
This trade REALLY ought to pick the club up! I can't imagine the momentum when they enter the arena tomorrow night with their new..um....new...5 yr old soft prospect playing in the Czek republic?

HUH????

Thanks Roby, throw some more props at Regier, maybe he'll get a 12 year deal.

Geez, I can't freakin wait to tune in tomorow for all the excitement. Does they guy skate on one blade or two? Do he and Timmy have ice cream after the game?

Wonderful, just freakin wonderful.

Regier sat on his tush for 24 months, and came up with this. Next thing, he'll be trading Noronen for my dog.
My dog has soft fur her name is Casey, and she can run on ice.
Noronen for Casey.
Hey get this, we also gave up a 5th rounder.
And since we are the prospect developing capitol of the world, with a track record akin to Hank Bullough, I think we should draft some cats to play hockey too.
Maybe Carriere can run my business and run it into the ground.
Yeah, I really like this deal.

fushetti
02-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Well, lets see if this traded for 1st round pick actually turns into something... Why the 5th round pick tho? If Regier was dumping salary to build for the future, why give up a pick? Why would ottawa trade anything more than a 5th rounder for Varada???? This Klapis guy is probably a bust... i hope not. God Help us Sabre fans... :(

Sabre Ally
02-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Yep, typical Sabre fans. You've labeled poor Jakub a bust before he's even been ours for more than a few hours. :rolleyes:

fushetti
02-25-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Yep, typical Sabre fans. You've labeled poor Jakub a bust before he's even been ours for more than a few hours. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry Ally, Let me be very very happy that one of our leaders got traded for a POTENTIAL star or PROSPECT. Another gritty hockey player who plays balls out gone for future considerations. I'm so HAPPY I spent money on season tickets to watch my fave players get traded away for practically nothing in return in terms of a warm body. I've been a Sabres fan for a long time and I've never been happy with our front office moves going back to Scotty Bowman... Why can't we draft the Milan Hedjuks and the Marian Hossa's? Its tough to love the teams in this town. I gues being a LA Clippers fan is worse....so i guess i'll keep my pampered Sabrefan mouth shut for your sake.

Woo Hoo Adam Mair!

Sabre Ally
02-25-2003, 09:19 PM
I'm sorry, Fushetti, I didn't mean that for you personally. You weren't here before the beginning of the season when everyone on the board was complaining about how overpaid Varada is and how we should get rid of him. Now those same people are unhappy that he's gone and have done a complete 180 on how they feel about him.

Ebenezer
02-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by fushetti

I'm sorry Ally, Let me be very very happy that one of our leaders got traded for a POTENTIAL star or PROSPECT. Another gritty hockey player who plays balls out gone for future considerations. I'm so HAPPY I spent money on season tickets to watch my fave players get traded away for practically nothing in return in terms of a warm body. I've been a Sabres fan for a long time and I've never been happy with our front office moves going back to Scotty Bowman... Why can't we draft the Milan Hedjuks and the Marian Hossa's? Its tough to love the teams in this town. I gues being a LA Clippers fan is worse....so i guess i'll keep my pampered Sabrefan mouth shut for your sake.

Woo Hoo Adam Mair!

Varada a leader?? Are you new here? The guy WAS a major aggitator 3 years ago. He hasn't done squat in two years and has a contract somewhere around $1.5 mil a year. The guy only deserves one tenth of that. With a leader like that I can understand why we are in last place.

kgun12
02-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Ok OK so he scored a couple of cheap goals since coming back from injury, but come on Verada in most cases, couldn't score in a Cat house with a fist full of 50 dallor bills. Yes he is a mucker, but this team isn't going anywhere this year (playoff wise). I wouldn't mind Zitnick (sp0 or Satan go either. I would like to see a little more than what we got for Verada, but by the time we get through the sale of this team, the new CBA and our everything else in order, all these young kids hopefully will be ready to make a run at the Cup!

Buffarama
02-25-2003, 09:41 PM
It's not about Varada being overpaid, it's about getting nothing for him, If we're all lucky, we'll all be alive by the time this guys' actually wears a Sabres uniform. This is the NHL, not NFL. Draft picks don't play for 3-5 years.
Varada was a commodity. Someone had to be willing in the last two years to give up something better than this. We have a plethora (scuse me lord) of players waiting in the wings that never develop with this management team.
It is the onus of the GM to make the best possible deal, and this deal just plain sucks. He threw the towel in like his man Ruff. It's a loser move. He undercheived just like giving up one of our prospects last year for Corkum for 8 week of play.
Darcy hides in the shadows, he avoids the media, does absolutely nothing to make this a better team, has one excuse after another year after year, then comes up with handing out Varada for "future considerations" essentially in a warm body who's 18 years old or so, and is not even in the minors.
I guess it's your basic salary dump with a prospect, but he could have done much better. He makes millions every year to do just this.

Ebenezer
02-25-2003, 09:46 PM
If you were a GM and knew the status of this team would you give up anything for anybody on this roster??

kgun12
02-25-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
If you were a GM and knew the status of this team would you give up anything for anybody on this roster??

You are right EB! Lets look at what we have here.

Satan $4 million plus- streaky scorer, but I have never seen a NHL player sooo afraid of getting hit like this guy. He will just quit on a play if he thinks he will get hit.

Zitnick (sp). $4 million plus good skater decent in his own end.HITS THE NET ON 4% OF HIS SHOTS! Come on Helen Kellar could do better than that really!

Gatton $2.5 range could be really really good if he came to paly everynight, but usually about 1 out of 3 nights.

Verada $1.5 Hands of stone good worker, but Mare does this to, he's younger and cheaper.

Biron- $ not sure, when he feels heat plays well, without it just happy to be here.

So if we get young prospects and get a new owner and after the CBA is fix who knows!

Buffarama
02-25-2003, 10:07 PM
Darcy waited too long. No deal was better than this deal IMO.
I'm not bashing this kid like Ruff did Noronen. But for God sakes, we rebuilt 5 years ago and we're going rebuild again and go through a players strike if we're still around?
OK, OK, who would want to come here. No one. So I get the picture. It would be unfair to any NHL player to send him here right now. So you deal away some relatively replaceable player with a prospect.
Frustration. After all this time waiting for a trade going back to the Peca deal.
You all may be right, I'm over reacting. I'm going to browse the internet now, probably for other stories about how we have no lives as Sabre fans.

Earthquake Enyart
02-26-2003, 06:43 AM
Hey, don't make fun of Hank Bullough!

ticatfan
02-26-2003, 03:01 PM
What's wrong with hank
Or is he just a skank.

MissBuffalo
02-26-2003, 07:55 PM
Rebuilding, rebuilding, that's all they ever say.
When this team is "mature enough" I'll be old and gray.

WereRat
02-27-2003, 07:02 PM
All we have to hope for is new ownership that will trickle into new management all the way top to bottom. Sometimes new owners make a huge difference in the on and off ice product. Case in point are the Islanders.