PDA

View Full Version : Ugliest series in history!

Pride
10-08-2006, 12:13 PM
1st and 5 - Run
2nd and 1 - Bomb
3rd and 1 - Run
4th and 1 - Penalty
4th and 6 - FAKE PUNT?????

Are you ****ting me???

Not exactly the way to establish yourself on the first drive of the game....

Dr. Lecter
10-08-2006, 12:21 PM
lol!

Over-reacting a little? or a lot?

The fake punt was nice call. Bad execution.

Dr. Lecter
10-08-2006, 12:23 PM
And why are the coaches to blame for Shelton's penalty? What is wrong with a bomb on 2nd and inches?

SpillerThrills
10-08-2006, 12:31 PM
I thought we had a very good first series... just need to execute alittle more.... play calling was good though

Dozerdog
10-08-2006, 12:32 PM
I had no problem with any of those play calls either- just poorly executed plays.

Pride
10-08-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm glad you guys aren't coaches...

BAM
10-08-2006, 12:36 PM
If Moorman would've caught that he would've had plenty room to run!

I don't like the call but it looks like it would've worked there.

Dozerdog
10-08-2006, 12:43 PM
We're glad you're not a GM.

2nd and inches is a free play. It's assumed you should get a first in at least 3 plays. There will be very few opportunities in this game to get single coverage and 9 Bears in the Box. So you gamble a bit.

3rd and inches. Blame the OL and McGahee. The call was right, get a friggin' yard.

4th and inches. On the road, tough D. Again I like the idea of being aggressive. Stupid offsides. Blame the OL for moving.

4th & 6. The Bills special teams OL set the Bears up perfectly. They sealed thew whole side of the field off and have the fastest punter in the NFL (former track athlete) ready to go. He drops it.

Are you vanilla enough to just have them QB sneak it and play ultra conservative? Take "controlled" chances. Considering how poorly the players ran the plays giving up 3 points was nothing.

Dr. Lecter
10-08-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm glad you guys aren't coaches...

What was wrong with the play calling? Man to man coverage on 2nd and short is the best time to throw deep.

But hey, Dozer and I don't have your coaching resume.

Typ0
10-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Moorman fumbling that made me want to puke. That play was going to work and would have obviously made a difference in this game...now it's a difference in the wrong direction.

Pride
10-08-2006, 01:06 PM
As a coach on the road.. you have to account for momentum, confidence, and keeping your defense fresh.

Today the coaches haven't done that.

Are the players executing? No... but the coaches aren't helping.