PDA

View Full Version : Who is Most Responsible for Today’s Blowout Loss in Chicago?

Meathead
10-08-2006, 03:03 PM
and please no choking

RedEyE
10-08-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't see an "all of the above" selection.

BillsFever21
10-08-2006, 03:14 PM
It's the coaches job to get a team ready to play and to make the gameplan. It's also their job to make adjustments if it's not going right.

When you're down 27-0 after about 23 minutes of the game none of the above happened.

A professional football team doesn't get down 27-0 by bad execution or bad luck. Only a putrid performance by the coaches can get you down that far in a short period of time like that.

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 03:16 PM
It's the coaches job to get a team ready to play and to make the gameplan. It's also their job to make adjustments if it's not going right.

When you're down 27-0 after about 23 minutes of the game none of the above happened.

A professional football team doesn't get down 27-0 by bad execution or bad luck. Only a putrid performance by the coaches can get you down that far in a short period of time like that.
no matter how bad the coaching, players can play well enough so as not to embarass us that much...it was coaching and the players

BILLSROCK1212
10-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I don't see an "all of the above" selection.

i know seriously ever heard of a TEAM i dont see no I there

Dozerdog
10-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I don't see an "all of the above" selection.I checked all of the buttons

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 03:20 PM
I checked all of the buttons
dammit...how do you change a vote around here? :mad: I voted other...to mean all of the above

BADTHINGSMAN
10-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Entire team sucked it up today..

Dr. Lecter
10-08-2006, 03:22 PM
:rofl:

Slick is in third! People, vote for Clinton! (I never thought I would say that!)

I also voted other. I throw some blame towards Meathead for being Meathead, Cher for starting the gameday thread and Eb talking about his 5 potential victories this weekend.

Crisis
10-08-2006, 03:23 PM
I checked all of the buttons

Me too.

I clicked Clinton's 5 times though.

Crisis
10-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Don't forget Skooby, whenever he thinks the Bills will have a shot we get blown out. He should be banned from making threads.

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Don't forget Skooby, whenever he thinks the Bills will have a shot we get blown out. He should be banned from making threads.
he thought we had a shot last week and most didn't

Michael82
10-08-2006, 03:31 PM
You forgot.... George W. Bush - It's always his fault! :up:

ParanoidAndroid
10-08-2006, 03:40 PM
I voted other...
One huge difference was 3 dropped interceptions and a fourth where 3 db's got beat by a backup wide receiver on a pop-up.
Clements and McGee both missed tackles, played too soft around the first down marker, and generally played poorly. When your 2 rookie safeties are 1 and 2 respectively in tackle totals, you know your front seven and CB's were getting beat.
After that, JP let a few throws get away from him. He has one bad habit that sticks out, and that's overthrowing the short passes. The other thing is staring down his receivers. He is getting better with his pocket presence like I said in a post last week...I still think he is improving, but today, the Bears really exposed and took advantage of those 2 flaws.
There was no blocking on the second level in the run game. Chicago's front four ate up our blockers and left McGahee alone versus Urlacher and Briggs et. al.
It was a good game played by a good team but we made it easy by playing poorly all around.
Brian Moorman (again) and Evans were our only bright spots.

Historian
10-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Anyone else want any Irish rep?

:D

Dr. Lecter
10-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Anyone else want any Irish rep?

:D

I was going to send you some Yankees rep instead. ;)

Meathead
10-08-2006, 03:52 PM
You forgot.... George W. Bush - It's always his fault! :up:
everybody knows it cant be juniors fault because he tells us so

the only person responsible for all the republicans failures is bill clinton

just look at recent examples:

getting attacked on 9/11: clinton
not getting bin laden: clinton
iraq war going poorly: clinton
talking dirty to a page: clinton

theres no question

and youre a bad american for even thinking otherwise

chernobylwraiths
10-08-2006, 03:58 PM
team effort:
Defense couldn't stop the run or the pass
Special teams with a botched fake punt and fumbled return
Offense couldn't block and JP didn't do a great job of protecting the ball.

Scumbag College
10-08-2006, 04:09 PM
This loss falls squarely on TD and MM's regime here with the Bills.

The Bills were a long shot to win today due to the youth on the Bills team. Marv and Dick have basically had to start from scratch this year. JP is virtually a rookie, the O Line problems have been ignored for years, there is no bonafied #2 receiver, and there were 3-4 rookie starters on defense. TD and MM created this mess, Dick and Marv have done a good job starting to clean it up. Just when you play the best team in the league at home with such a young team, it's going to be tough to win. I hope the team and coaches can take whatever (if any0 positives out of this and learn from the myriad of mistakes made and turn this into something positive.

Typ0
10-08-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm going with JP Losman. 14/27 115 yds. 1 TD 3 INT and a fumble.

Say what you want about the coaching...the coaches did not turn the ball over 3 times. There also was 2 other lost fumbles for a pathetic display of the turnover machine. When JP doesn't turn the ball over we play much better, remain in games and sometimes win. When he does turn the ball over any pathetic team beats us it doesn't take the Bears. We would have lost to any team in the league today.

Typ0
10-08-2006, 04:14 PM
This loss falls squarely on TD and MM's regime here with the Bills.

The Bills were a long shot to win today due to the youth on the Bills team. Marv and Dick have basically had to start from scratch this year. JP is virtually a rookie, the O Line problems have been ignored for years, there is no bonafied #2 receiver, and there were 3-4 rookie starters on defense. TD and MM created this mess, Dick and Marv have done a good job starting to clean it up. Just when you play the best team in the league at home with such a young team, it's going to be tough to win. I hope the team and coaches can take whatever (if any0 positives out of this and learn from the myriad of mistakes made and turn this into something positive.

another JP is a rookie pontif!

Mad Bomber
10-08-2006, 04:17 PM
and please no choking
Other (specify)
Let me do that, if I may...

All of the above.

This game was MEN against BOYS.

The Bills may be in a position to compete in a few years, but our kids got schooled today by a bunch of professional MEN.

YardRat
10-08-2006, 04:21 PM

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Meathead
10-08-2006, 05:12 PM
the team blew on every level

a required loss for a growing team

if you believe they are building to something special you could even say the worse the loss the faster the transition. its what the sb bills did

so i was rooting for triple digits and a shutout. dang almost

BAM
10-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Other:

Stephen Hawking

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 05:17 PM
the trained evil pidgons.

TigerJ
10-08-2006, 06:09 PM
I said the offense. It think the defense was playing OK early but got worn out and discouraged when the offense was so impotent.

Typ0
10-08-2006, 06:41 PM
I said the offense. It think the defense was playing OK early but got worn out and discouraged when the offense was so impotent.

yeah I agree. If it wasn't a dropped pass it was a crappy throw. WM didn't do squat. The defense was in a bad situation all day.

chernobylwraiths
10-08-2006, 06:53 PM

They scored points on their first 5 possesions. They were OK in the first possesion and that was about it. The Bills first offensive possesion was actually one of their best, so they weren't exactly impotent until after their first possesion.

Kerr
10-08-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm going to laugh if someone asks who deserves the gameball in this game. The answer is nobody. Everyone played terrible from top to bottom.

X-Era
10-08-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm going to laugh if someone asks who deserves the gameball in this game. The answer is nobody. Everyone played terrible from top to bottom.

I agree, this was the Boston tea party and we were the red coats :laugh:

chernobylwraiths
10-08-2006, 06:56 PM
I thought Evans had a decent game.

shelby
10-08-2006, 07:34 PM
I thought Evans had a decent game.
i agree.

Billsrock4life
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM
other the whole team is responsible why because when you get beat 40-7 the whole team is responsible for not getting it done.......saying that its the coach's fault is bull. The whole team didnt get it done and yes there were a few ppl that played good but u dont need a few ppl 2 play good to win it takes the whole team offense and defense

Ebenezer
10-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Everybody but Evans.

SABURZFAN
10-09-2006, 01:09 AM
this took a total team effort getting our asses kicked.they outplayed us period.

ddaryl
10-09-2006, 01:09 AM
I thought the play calling was real bad. They had JP throwing the ball way to often early on, and when we got behind, he was forced to take chances and the Bears just tee'd off on us.

where was the running game? We abandoned the run before the game started.

How about our D, they didn't do a single thing all game. Our CB's we're torched consistently, and our S played like rookies, our DL was absent, etc... Schobel had 0 tackles 0 asst's and 1 worthless sack.

Even our special teams looked like crap. Another botched trick play, and no game breaking plays here either, and muffed return that was almost a lost fumble.

Honesly I have to blame the coaching if blame needs to be applied, our team wasn't ready to play this game, and the playcalling was questionable. It's up to the coaches to have the team ready and they weren't.

But looking at the poll it seems like the blame is equally placed among all factions of the team.

I do not think JP is the blame for this loss. He didn't help us but turnovers or not the Bears were going to beat us, JP was trying to make something happen when nothing was.