PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, I stand by my stance

X-Era
10-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Even the announcers made the comment I have been making.

This team doesnt have good enough talent yet to play with a team like the Bears.

JP isnt good enough yet to carry the team. Maybe he can become that player, maybe he wont.
Willis isnt good enough to carry the team. Maybe a few OL studs make him a star, maybe they wont.
Our other WR's (not Evans) arent good enough to keep the defense honest. Id like to see another underrated young star opposite Evans, the more playmaker options we have the better.
Our DE's arent good enough to get consistent pressure against a good OL. I have to agree with those that say we should be thinking DE in the 1st round, Gaines Adams is my favorite.
Our secondary isnt good enough yet to go up against good WR's. Were starting 2 rookies, McGee is solid most of the time, Clements is no better than McGee and is most likely gone.
Our LB corp isnt good enough to make up for a D-line that isnt good enough to stop the run.

To make matters worse our best player has played all of 5 games in the past 2 years (TKO).

Now, going forward we need to realize that we dont have adequate talent yet. However, the rest of the year is to be spent watching the guys we do have and hopefully we will continue to get better and better.

That said, this teams front office needs to grab a few very good players to get better. They need to be aggressive and make drastic improvements, free agency, trades, not just the draft. Its a crap shoot, we cant simply build this team from there.

I dont care about this game, I care about our overall chances at developing into a playoff/Superbowl team. Would we have the same result at the end of this season vs. now? We will have to see. It could happen with what we have, but I feel we still need a few bigtime playmakers.

shelby
10-08-2006, 03:45 PM
i appreciate your opinion, and i agree with you to some extent. But i also feel the need to point out that, although we couldn't play against a team of the Bears' caliber, we have played better the first four games than most people expected us to.

i was predicting a 6-10 season, and this loss does not break my heart.

X-Era
10-08-2006, 03:57 PM
i appreciate your opinion, and i agree with you to some extent. But i also feel the need to point out that, although we couldn't play against a team of the Bears' caliber, we have played better the first four games than most people expected us to.

i was predicting a 6-10 season, and this loss does not break my heart.

I agree with this opinion. They HAVE outplayed most peoples opinions, except for the JP haters, but screw them.

However, there is a good deal of distance between us and even a top 5 team as far as talent goes. I think many here underestimate that.

My point is that we have another 11 games to see how this teams youth develops. Im assuming that we will still have a decent gap and that we need a big offseason to make the difference. It cant be another ho hum free agency. We need either a few big signings or a trade.

YardRat
10-08-2006, 04:08 PM
No individual carries a team in the NFL.

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Even the announcers made the comment I have been making.

This team doesnt have good enough talent yet to play with a team like the Bears.

JP isnt good enough yet to carry the team. Maybe he can become that player, maybe he wont.
Willis isnt good enough to carry the team. Maybe a few OL studs make him a star, maybe they wont.
Our other WR's (not Evans) arent good enough to keep the defense honest. Id like to see another underrated young star opposite Evans, the more playmaker options we have the better.
Our DE's arent good enough to get consistent pressure against a good OL. I have to agree with those that say we should be thinking DE in the 1st round, Gaines Adams is my favorite.
Our secondary isnt good enough yet to go up against good WR's. Were starting 2 rookies, McGee is solid most of the time, Clements is no better than McGee and is most likely gone.
Our LB corp isnt good enough to make up for a D-line that isnt good enough to stop the run.

To make matters worse our best player has played all of 5 games in the past 2 years (TKO).

Now, going forward we need to realize that we dont have adequate talent yet. However, the rest of the year is to be spent watching the guys we do have and hopefully we will continue to get better and better.

That said, this teams front office needs to grab a few very good players to get better. They need to be aggressive and make drastic improvements, free agency, trades, not just the draft. Its a crap shoot, we cant simply build this team from there.

I dont care about this game, I care about our overall chances at developing into a playoff/Superbowl team. Would we have the same result at the end of this season vs. now? We will have to see. It could happen with what we have, but I feel we still need a few bigtime playmakers.

I will say this again, we aren't going to do **** without a GOOD and dominating OL and we don't have one. We also still lack on defense and can't stop the run

SquishDaFish
10-08-2006, 04:37 PM
EVERYONE in their right minds EXPECTED a loss today. Thats why I couldnt be disappointed.

X-Era
10-08-2006, 05:08 PM
EVERYONE in their right minds EXPECTED a loss today. Thats why I couldnt be disappointed.

I am not disappointed. I wanted a win but expected a loss. What it did do is bring more clarity to our talent level for me at least.

Corey Simon might just be available after the year. Id love to land a guy like that who at the very least can stop the run.