PDA

View Full Version : We need 2 RBs

BILLSROCK1212
10-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Thomas aint a number 2 we need a real number 2 like Michael Turner or idk someone we need it cas Mcgahee cnt do it all be himself

ParanoidAndroid
10-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Thomas aint a number 2 we need a real number 2 like Michael Turner or idk someone we need it cas Mcgahee cnt do it all be himself

Why isn't Thomas a #2? He's looked fine in back up duty.

BILLSROCK1212
10-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Why isn't Thomas a #2? He's looked fine in back up duty.a real back up nowadays in the NFL can rush for 100 yds in a game Thomas cnt

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Why isn't Thomas a #2? He's looked fine in back up duty.
agreed...if we're gonna base our opinions on players because of how they performed today, we'll have about 10 players on the roster...and that's counting all the guys who were inactive for the game

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 03:47 PM
a real back up nowadays in the NFL can rush for 100 yds in a game Thomas cnt
no RB is going to get 100 yards without a decent number of carries

BILLSROCK1212
10-08-2006, 04:06 PM
agreed...if we're gonna base our opinions on players because of how they performed today, we'll have about 10 players on the roster...and that's counting all the guys who were inactive for the game
look i didnt even watch the game today cas i didnt have it in my area i didnt even know Thomas got a carry

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 04:16 PM
look i didnt even watch the game today cas i didnt have it in my area i didnt even know Thomas got a carry
well regardless of today, A-Train has 9 carries for the season.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235248/gamelogs/2006
3 against the Pats, 5 vs the Fish, and 1 vs the Jets

so tell me...how's he supposed to get 100 yards in a game when the largest number of carries he's gotten was 5?..and odds are those were mostly goalline/short yardage carries.

BILLSROCK1212
10-08-2006, 05:47 PM
well regardless of today, A-Train has 9 carries for the season.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235248/gamelogs/2006
3 against the Pats, 5 vs the Fish, and 1 vs the Jets

so tell me...how's he supposed to get 100 yards in a game when the largest number of carries he's gotten was 5?..and odds are those were mostly goalline/short yardage carries.that is my point we need an RB who can do more than that and anyway he will nvr get 100 yds in a Bills uni maybe once but not more than that and that is unlikely we need a real back up idk y u guys r arguing this name 1 team that doesn't have a decent back up in this league what has A-Train done since his rookie season?

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 05:51 PM
that is my point we need an RB who can do more than that and anyway he will nvr get 100 yds in a Bills uni maybe once but not more than that and that is unlikely we need a real back up idk y u guys r arguing this name 1 team that doesn't have a decent back up in this league what has A-Train done since his rookie season?
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235248

You haven't explained how a backup RB is going to get 100 yards in a game. That's a rarity...I think the last time it happened with the Bills was when Thurman and Derrick Holmes each topped 100 in 96 against the Skins

BILLSROCK1212
10-08-2006, 06:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235248

You haven't explained how a backup RB is going to get 100 yards in a game. That's a rarity...I think the last time it happened with the Bills was when Thurman and Derrick Holmes each topped 100 in 96 against the Skins
i dont expect them both to get 100 yards but backup RBs capable of 100 yards Michael Turner, Brian Calhoun, Shawn Bryson, Darren Sproles, Leon Washington, Michael Bennet, Reggie Bush, Brandon Jacobs, Laurence Maroney, DeAngelo Williams, Justin Fargas, Joseph Addai, Travis Henry, Ricky Williams (if u wanna count him), Cedric Benson (after today i think he may be able to), Maurice Jones-Drew, Mwelde Moore, Noah Herron, Maurice Morris, Ryan Moats, Marion Barber, Ladell Betts,Jerious Norwood, Jerome Harrison, Mike Anderosn, Mike Bell, Musa Smith, Michael Pittman, Verron Haynes, Maurice Hicks, Chris Perry.........is that enough? Most of them can do it and already have but the A-Train prob cudnt even do it on 20 carries if he does congrats but i dont have faith in him

I understand that he is run for 1000 yards before but he just isnt the same as he was when he did it.

DraftBoy
10-08-2006, 06:22 PM
dont forget Jerious Norwood with ATL

RedEyE
10-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Personally, I'd like to see Thomas in on more plays. The Bills should concentrate more on the 2 TE set, and hit opposing defenses with a 1-2 punch using both Willis and Thomas. Much like NE's O with Maroney and Dillion. We have the means to do it, and the shorter drops on pass plays would certainly take the pressure off of Losman.

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Saying he can't do it isn't quite the same thing as saying you don't have faith in him. Only way to see if he can do it is to give him enough carries. He's run for some heavy yardage in some games in the past.

BILLSROCK1212
10-08-2006, 06:25 PM
dont forget Jerious Norwood with ATL
he's there