PDA

View Full Version : JP needs to explain the 3 INTs.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-08-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't know what he's looking at sometimes

Mitchy moo
10-08-2006, 04:35 PM

Something he didn't understand.

Typ0
10-08-2006, 04:37 PM
the problem is he just made a bad situation worse. Yet it's everyone else's fault. I swear, this is the only team in the entire history of the NFL where none of the responsibility for the teams performance rests on the shoulders of the QB unless the team wins and people can praise the QB.

Typ0
10-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Something he didn't understand.

maybe if WM would block better he'd understand!

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 04:42 PM
the problem is he just made a bad situation worse. Yet it's everyone else's fault. I swear, this is the only team in the entire history of the NFL where none of the responsibility for the teams performance rests on the shoulders of the QB unless the team wins and people can praise the QB.

No this is the only team and the only fans that put everything on the QB.

BillsFever21
10-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Yep this game is all JP's fault that we lost by 26 points and that we were 13 points down in a little over 15 minutes before the first one happened.

This coaching staff had the team in desperation mode after being down 13-0. If you're just sitting back there passing then the defense can just rear back and fire away at you. Let alone a defense like the Bears.

Typ0
10-08-2006, 04:46 PM
it's not all JPs fault...but he does not get a pass because he's a "rookie" either.

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Yep this game is all JP's fault that we lost by 26 points and that we were 13 points down in a little over 15 minutes before the first one happened.

This coaching staff had the team in desperation mode after being down 13-0. If you're just sitting back there passing then the defense can just rear back and fire away at you. Let alone a defense like the Bears.

Exactly. 13-0 and you go to winging the football? Bad playcalling and bad coaching

OpIv37
10-08-2006, 04:49 PM

JP had his share of blame today, but he was far from the only problem. All 3 INT's were squarely on his shoulders today and he should be held accountable for them.

But JP didn't drop passes- Reed and Price did. JP didn't miss tackles- Clements, McGee, Crowell and most of the rest of the D did. JP didn't get blown off the LOS on every running play- the DL did. JP didn't get beat for passes all day long- Clements and McGee did. JP didn't miss blocks all day long- the OL did. And don't forget about the coaching....

JP made some huge mistakes and needs to make better decisions. But let's not let that get other players off the hook.

Typ0
the gameplan was to wing it right from the get go it wasn't about the score. The Bears were going to pile on WM and we were going to throw the football. I don't know why we would think we can throw like that though with a guy who either drops the ball or throws it to the wrong team. Sorry, just calling a spade a spade.

honey
Exactly. 13-0 and you go to winging the football? Bad playcalling and bad coaching

And super bad playing by the team. We had a lot of chances today and did not capitalize on them.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-08-2006, 04:50 PM
I know the team played bad. I just want to look at it from JP's viewpoint.

The 1st one, if what Simm pointed is true, JP ignored an easy completion underneath and tried to go for a bigger play to Evans.

The 2nd one, I truely don't know what he's looking at. It's a screen and where he threw the ball, only Bears' players were there. The 3rd one, he threw behinf Parrish who's tightly covered.

Let's put it this way, everything seemed a bit off for him today. I guess when you look at the bomb he missed in the first series, you know today is not the day.

Typ0
10-08-2006, 04:51 PM
JP had his share of blame today, but he was far from the only problem. All 3 INT's were squarely on his shoulders today and he should be held accountable for them.

But JP didn't drop passes- Reed and Price did. JP didn't miss tackles- Clements, McGee, Crowell and most of the rest of the D did. JP didn't get blown off the LOS on every running play- the DL did. JP didn't get beat for passes all day long- Clements and McGee did. JP didn't miss blocks all day long- the OL did. And don't forget about the coaching....

JP made some huge mistakes and needs to make better decisions. But let's not let that get other players off the hook.

definately everyone sucked today.

X-Era
10-08-2006, 04:51 PM

Hes young, thats all the explanation needed.

Rothlisberger should explain why hes thrown 5 so far, Matt Hasselbeck needs to explain 7, Eli, Leftwich, Favre all need to explain 5.

We dont need any explanation, hes young, this team was great, it will happen.

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 04:52 PM
I know the team played bad. I just want to look at it from JP's viewpoint.

The 1st one, if what Simm pointed is true, JP ignored an easy completion underneath and tried to go for a bigger play to Evans.

The 2nd one, I truely don't know what he's looking at. It's a screen and where he threw the ball, only Bears' players were there. The 3rd one, he threw behinf Parrish who's tightly covered.

Let's put it this way, everything seemed a bit off for him today. I guess when you look at the bomb he missed in the first series, you know today is not the day.

the 2nd one was an attempt to parrish. he had a guy come unblocked (shocking I know) in his grill and parrish didn't fight to keep the ball from being picked. The screen watch again, JP threw it to where the blockers were aka where willis was supposed to be. Instead willis ran back at the QB causing the over throw. Either way the screen would have been blown up.

JP had a bad day, but so did the entire team.

DraftBoy
10-08-2006, 04:53 PM
it's not all JPs fault...but he does not get a pass because he's a "rookie" either.

God I hate that excuse, he's a 3rd year veteran damnit, not some rookie

X-Era
10-08-2006, 04:53 PM
the gameplan was to wing it right from the get go it wasn't about the score. The Bears were going to pile on WM and we were going to throw the football. I don't know why we would think we can throw like that though with a guy who either drops the ball or throws it to the wrong team. Sorry, just calling a spade a spade.

I dont know why Pitt thinks they can win with Roth who has thrown 7 this year. Just calling a heart a heart.

The answer is, one game does not a QB make. Its the whole thing. He has been a pleasant suprise overall but today he looked bad.

DraftBoy
10-08-2006, 04:56 PM

Rothlisberger should explain why hes thrown 5 so far, Matt Hasselbeck needs to explain 7, Eli, Leftwich, Favre all need to explain 5.

We dont need any explanation, hes young, this team was great, it will happen.

Gimme a break....how long till you actually hold him accountable for anything...just bc he is young he gets a break, and your right Roth, Hasselbeck, Eli, Leftwhich, and Favre should all have to explain themselves too. But here the difference, they have shown the ability to lead their teams to victory on a consistent basis. JP has not.

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 04:56 PM
God I hate that excuse, he's a 3rd year veteran damnit, not some rookie

DraftBoy
10-08-2006, 04:57 PM
is there a response to that??

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Gimme a break....how long till you actually hold him accountable for anything...just bc he is young he gets a break, and your right Roth, Hasselbeck, Eli, Leftwhich, and Favre should all have to explain themselves too. But here the difference, they have shown the ability to lead their teams to victory on a consistent basis. JP has not. The difference is they had better coaching and have better teams around them.

JP had a bad game today, thats all. So did the rest of the team.

DraftBoy
10-08-2006, 04:59 PM
The difference is they had better coaching and have better teams around them.

You cant have it both ways...you can ask for the comparison bc some stats match up and then say the comparisons arent fair bc the teams are different, make a choice.

honey
10-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Isn't this Eli's 2nd year as well? I can't remember. :idunno:

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 05:00 PM
You cant have it both ways...you can ask for the comparison bc some stats match up and then say the comparisons arent fair bc the teams are different, make a choice.

Ok thenthe other QB's are worse. Roth is playing worse than JP and on a better team, so there ya go.

honey
10-08-2006, 05:01 PM
And Chicago is awesome so far this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the SB with a new "Superbowl Shuffle" song. :smile:

honey
10-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Ok thenthe other QB's are worse. Roth is playing worse than JP and on a better team, so there ya go.

I didn't think DB was saying JP is BAD, but you are correct. There are other QBs who are worse. Culpepper comes to mind....;)

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 05:02 PM
And I know exactly why JP threw 3 picks... Pidgons. ****ing birds were all over the place, throwing off our WR's getting in JP's throwing lanes...damn birds screwed us up royaly today. Damn bears...they have trained birds that come in to screw with the opposing teams!

You noticed they didn't do anything when the bears had the ball! Hell no they got the **** outta the way. but when we have the ball, oh they are friggin everywhere!

X-Era
10-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Gimme a break....how long till you actually hold him accountable for anything...just bc he is young he gets a break, and your right Roth, Hasselbeck, Eli, Leftwhich, and Favre should all have to explain themselves too. But here the difference, they have shown the ability to lead their teams to victory on a consistent basis. JP has not.

They all hav e played bad games and had their team stay behind them too, JP has not.

These guys and JP cant be compared because they are at opposite ends of their careers as far as starts go. Even Roth drafted the same year has ahd plenty of playing time. JP hasnt played enough yet.

No one is making excuses or even not expecting him to get better. But we shouldnt be hanging the guy either. He is what he is a young, inexperienced QB who just had a bad game. OK, now what?

Well, Ill tell ya, he starts the rest of this year despite this game. Hes getting better but this week was a let down for him. Its one game, if it continues hes probably writing his own ticket out of Buffalo.

My guess is that he has these games every now and again but he continues to get better and has most people thinking hes all we need by years end. That would make this whole question a moot point, where we got hung up on outlyer data rather than the norm.

DraftBoy
10-08-2006, 05:05 PM
And I know exactly why JP threw 3 picks... Pidgons. ****ing birds were all over the place, throwing off our WR's getting in JP's throwing lanes...damn birds screwed us up royaly today. Damn bears...they have trained birds that come in to screw with the opposing teams!

You noticed they didn't do anything when the bears had the ball! Hell no they got the **** outta the way. but when we have the ball, oh they are friggin everywhere!

:rofl:

Nice

:posrep:

I needed a good laugh

honey
10-08-2006, 05:06 PM

:roflmao: I'm on the floor right now!!! LOL!

DraftBoy
10-08-2006, 05:07 PM
These guys and JP cant be compared because they are at opposite ends of their careers as far as starts go. Even Roth drafted the same year has ahd plenty of playing time. JP hasnt played enough yet.
data rather than the norm.

You just compared them in your last post saying that Eli and Co. need to be held accountable, again decide are the comparisons legit or not, and stick to it. Its not a tough concept.

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 05:09 PM
:roflmao: I'm on the floor right now!!! LOL!Little evil bastards were every where!

X-Era
10-08-2006, 05:12 PM
You just compared them in your last post saying that Eli and Co. need to be held accountable, again decide are the comparisons legit or not, and stick to it. Its not a tough concept.
First of all, I know exactly what I said. I made the point that you cant say JP needs to explain a poor game because hes young. Thats the same reason that a vet doesnt need to explain a poor game, because hes shown on the field that he doesnt have to explain himself. There isnt enough data to say anything yet about what type of QB JP is. If it becomes a pattern, you will have...well....a pattern to point to. The same will be true if he goes on to not throw another one for the next 6 or 7 games. Then would you call this game a "bad day"?

The difference here is that people can claim JP sucks based on this game because we dont have enough data to say he doesnt. But we also dont have enough data to say he does.

He had a bad game, plain and simple. This game is now over, hes still the starter, lets move on.

No one should try to label his game until they have enough information to do so. Its just too early still.

honey
10-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Little evil bastards were every where!

I know!!! That was truly hilarious!!! :rofl:

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 05:27 PM
I know!!! That was truly hilarious!!! :rofl:Did you see that one stay on the hip of the Bears special teamer all the way down the field?

Trained I tell you!!!

honey
10-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Did you see that one stay on the hip of the Bears special teamer all the way down the field?

Trained I tell you!!!
I missed that one! But, damn! They were underfoot all game long!!!

Nighthawk
10-08-2006, 05:30 PM

There is enough blame to go around...coaches, JP, are putrid defense...uggh!

honey
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
We have the pigeons, too. My kid goes out with his BB gun and shoots them. They are nothing but a pesky, dirty nuisance. :down:

TacklingDummy
10-08-2006, 05:44 PM

The difference bewteen JP and Ben is...Ben has led his team to a Super Bowl Title and more then 3 wins as a starter....same with Favre....Hasselback has led his team to a Super Bowl.......Leftwich has led his team to more then 3 wins as a starter and so has Eli. To put JPs name in with any of those QBs names is a slap in the face to them.

And who gives a crap what they do? Are they Bills? NO!!! I could careless what any of them do.

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 05:46 PM
The difference bewteen JP and Ben is...Ben has led his team to a Super Bowl Title and more then 3 wins as a starter....same with Favre....Hasselback has led his team to a Super Bowl.......Leftwich has led his team to more then 3 wins as a starter and so has Eli. To put JPs name in with any of those QBs names is a slap in the face to them.

All have much more starting experience including ben. Another spam post

DraftBoy
10-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Damnit I want a BB gun

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 05:48 PM
spam no...lacking all the pertinent facts, yes

ICE74129
We have the pigeons, too. My kid goes out with his BB gun and shoots them. They are nothing but a pesky, dirty nuisance. :down:

And you know pidgons can be trained....Damn those bears!

The_Philster
Damnit I want a BB gun
for who? or did you just mean the pigeons, too?:laughter:

TacklingDummy
10-08-2006, 05:50 PM

JP would have alot more experience then what he has if he didn't play like crap last year and get benched the first time. No one to blame but himself.

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 05:51 PM
JP would have alot more experience then what he has if he didn't play like crap last year and get benched the first time. No one to blame but himself.See a bills fan knows the circumstances surrounding last year and how bad JP was mishandled. you just keep proving our point about you with every post

TigerJ
10-08-2006, 05:53 PM
I think it's simple really. This is a case of things starting to go wrong early. False start on Jason Peters, a dropped pass by Peerless Price and the Bills were on their way. Buffalo got behind, Losman tried to take the team on his shoulders and do too much throwing risky passes on third and long when no one was open. This was the kind of game where his inexperience was a definite liability. I don't think the result would have been different had Holcomb played. Maybe some of the drives would have ended in punts rather than turnovers, but this was a team loss with plenty of blame to go around, including to JP Losman.

I think Dick Jauron should say to his team that they allowed themselves to be intimidated into some dumb mistakes and poor play across the board, that Chicago may have won anyway, but that they, the Bills, did Chicago's job for them. Then put it behind because they have a game next week.

DraftBoy
10-08-2006, 05:59 PM
for who? or did you just mean the pigeons, too?:laughter:

At this point does it really matter?

X-Era
10-08-2006, 05:59 PM

And who gives a crap what they do? Are they Bills? NO!!! I could careless what any of them do.

Right!

JP isnt any of them. But that can work FOR or AGAINST him. They all have more INTS than JP too. Those teams arent going to claim that their QB's are busts based on one game or those stats.

You and I agree here. We dont have enough evidence one way other yet. Your point is that all the QB's I have mentioned have done something so far, but JP hasnt had enough games to yet.

Believe it or not we agree on this.

Yes, your off ignore because I want full ability to debunk your bunk if necessary.

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 06:01 PM
At this point does it really matter?
well, I know you said you were drinking...so I just wanna be sure to be WAY out of the way when you start shooting :lol:

ghz in pittsburgh
10-08-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't know I'm drunk or not. I can't see a damn reason Bledsoe threw that last INT either. No Cowboys remotely close to that ball.

Typ0
10-08-2006, 06:48 PM
I wish I heard the post game. I would expect JP to admit he sucked and he has to play better to lift up the team when they are down.

ScottLawrence
10-08-2006, 06:49 PM
The difference is they had better coaching and have better teams around them.

Thats bull****.

The top quarterbacks in this league make a team good.

JP had time to throw today, and made mistakes, the coaching was bad, the defense didn't hold up against the run, and JP looked awful.

Theres not much more to it.

Kerr
10-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Probably jp's worst game of his career. I hope he's pissed and helps lead the team on a winning streak.

X-Era
10-08-2006, 06:53 PM
I wish I heard the post game. I would expect JP to admit he sucked and he has to play better to lift up the team when they are down.

You are probably 100% correct. Thank god for a QB who excepts blame and doesnt redirect it. He takes blame and acts like a leader. This is NO small thing and should be considered a plus overall.

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Thats bull****.

The top quarterbacks in this league make a team good.

JP had time to throw today, and made mistakes, .2 things wrong with that
1...he's still learning...find me one post where anyone is saying he's a top QB right now
2...he didn't have time to throw today all the time. There was plenty of pressure coming at him hard and fast.

X-Era
10-08-2006, 07:04 PM
2 things wrong with that
1...he's still learning...find me one post where anyone is saying he's a top QB right now
2...he didn't have time to throw today all the time. There was plenty of pressure coming at him hard and fast.

Your wasting your time. Can you convert a KKK grand master to being equal opportunity? Thats where we are at with some here.

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Your wasting your time. Can you convert a KKK grand master to being equal opportunity? Thats where we are at with some here.
:spit: nice comparison

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Your wasting your time. Can you convert a KKK grand master to being equal opportunity? Thats where we are at with some here.exactly.

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Your wasting your time. Can you convert a KKK grand master to being equal opportunity? Thats where we are at with some here.No joke. You are 100% dead on.

patmoran2006
10-08-2006, 07:30 PM

I dont really think anybody is trying to pass the buck squarely on Losman.. But as the QB and team leader, its absolutley INEXCUSABLE to throw the type of interceptions he did today.. Up 20-17 or down 30-0.. THrowing those passes DIRECTLY into the hands of Bears defenders was horrid.

DynaPaul
10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
JP was just trying to make big plays where there weren't any to get us back in the game. Really can't fault him after falling so far behind on the scoreboard.

X-Era
10-08-2006, 09:03 PM
I dont really think anybody is trying to pass the buck squarely on Losman.. But as the QB and team leader, its absolutley INEXCUSABLE to throw the type of interceptions he did today.. Up 20-17 or down 30-0.. THrowing those passes DIRECTLY into the hands of Bears defenders was horrid.

OK, Im hearing that you want to take some time and complain about JP's poor play.

Fine, how long does that go on for?

At some point we need to move on.

Its my opinion that we cannot draw ANY conclusions about who or what JP is based on this game.

If you buy into that thought, why not just move on. It wasnt even like JP was the ONLY bad player today. We stunk at EVERY single facet of the game.

YardRat
10-08-2006, 11:37 PM
JP sucked today. For the most part, the entire team did. They all get a chance to redeem themselves next week against Detroit.

THATHURMANATOR
10-09-2006, 07:51 AM
He looked horrible today. Who could argue that. The whole team was garbage. It was like when we botched that fake field goal we were done....

ddaryl
10-09-2006, 08:33 AM

my feelings exactly.

It was a team loss, and JP had his share of mistakes, however the entire team had it share of mistakes, and none of those mistakes outshined the others. They all added up to an implosion.