Does anyone STILL think Nate Clements should be on this team next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Does anyone STILL think Nate Clements should be on this team next year?

This guy is not worth $7 million at all. He got beat consistently all day and he would have been beat for a touchdown if the ball wasn't thrown about a foot too far. He also missed several tackles.

Does anyone really think this guy deserves to be paid? Shut-down corner, my ass. He hasn't had a good game in almost 2 years. The way he played today is the way he played more often than not.

Yeah, McGee got beat today too. But today was the exception for McGee- he usually doesn't play like this (unlike Clements, whose performance today has become the norm for him). Plus McGee returns kicks. Plus McGee makes a lot less money.

Oh, and don't accuse me of overreacting because of a bad loss- I've been saying this about Clements for a while now. Once every six games he gets an INT and everyone forgets how bad he was for the previous 5 games and I'm sick of it. We need his $7 million for OL and DL upgrades. I'm sure we can pay someone $2 million to watch receivers run down the field and grab air on attempted tackles.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Does anyone STILL think Nate Clements should be on this team next year?

your right OP, he is useless. $7M would be well spent elsewhere. Lets trade his overpaid *** & get some fresh linemen.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

I have said it all year, he is half assing it out there. Missing open tackles, won't commit full speed. I don't need to hear it from him or have it in print, I can see it with my own two eyes.

10 more days before the trade deadline, I hope we move him.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
        I have said it all year, he is half assing it out there. Missing open tackles, won't commit full speed. I don't need to hear it from him or have it in print, I can see it with my own two eyes.

I don't see him getting traded and here's why. Who's gonna give us anything for him that we can use?
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129

me too, but we won't.

Why trade a player and get something for him while his perceived value is still high when we can just wait til he's a FA and get nothing in return? It's much better to have a useless player sucking cap space on our roster now and nothing later than to ditch that player and get something in return.

/sarcasm.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
            I don't see him getting traded and here's why. Who's gonna give us anything for him that we can use?
            a six-round draft pick would be worth more than his useless ass.

Plus, I don't know exactly how the whole salary cap thing works, but could his leftover cap space from this year be used to extend some guys like McGahee?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

I agree and it sucks. I know I would like to have something for him but I doubt we get anything even next year.

Besides marv is stubborn and wouldn't trade him anyway. He is here for the year.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                This guy is not worth $7 million at all. He got beat consistently all day and he would have been beat for a touchdown if the ball wasn't thrown about a foot too far. He also missed several tackles.

Does anyone really think this guy deserves to be paid? Shut-down corner, my ass. He hasn't had a good game in almost 2 years. The way he played today is the way he played more often than not.

Yeah, McGee got beat today too. But today was the exception for McGee- he usually doesn't play like this (unlike Clements, whose performance today has become the norm for him). Plus McGee returns kicks. Plus McGee makes a lot less money.

Oh, and don't accuse me of overreacting because of a bad loss- I've been saying this about Clements for a while now. Once every six games he gets an INT and everyone forgets how bad he was for the previous 5 games and I'm sick of it. We need his $7 million for OL and DL upgrades. I'm sure we can pay someone $2 million to watch receivers run down the field and grab air on attempted tackles.
                Im responding to this and just watched Bledsoe give up a fumble.

No, Clements isnt worth 7 mill.

The problem is we are supposed to be getting better every year. If Clements walks, their aint squat in free agency by the looks of it, so that means we need to spend a high draft pick AGAIN to replace a player we currently have. Thats not building, its a push. That also assumes that the draftee comes out day one and plays as good as Clements, thats also a reach.

Why sit on 11 million in cap cash? cant we make the contract incentive ladened and just keep him?

Having a average Clements is better than taking the risk and getting a dud.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

I seriously would take Jerry Porter for Clements considering we dont think we can get crap for him anyway.

Theres teams that could use him. I wouldnt mind a OG.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jp-era

The problem is we are supposed to be getting better every year. If Clements walks, their aint squat in free agency by the looks of it, so that means we need to spend a high draft pick AGAIN to replace a player we currently have. Thats not building, its a push. That also assumes that the draftee comes out day one and plays as good as Clements, thats also a reach.

Why sit on 11 million in cap cash? cant we make the contract incentive ladened and just keep him?

dude the ****ing pidgons had better coverage today than Clements

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

I seriously would take Jerry Porter for Clements considering we dont think we can get crap for him anyway.

Theres teams that could use him. I wouldnt mind a OG.

Why in gods name do we need another WR??
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

think he'll accept an incentive-laden contract if the FA market is thin on CB's though? We're not the only team struggling defensively- my guess is that we're going to shell out like crazy to keep him and I just don't think it's worth it.
                        I understand your point about rebuilding and not ending up in a "push" situation, but if we give Clements the kind of money he thinks he's worth, it limits our ability to improve via FA as well as the draft.

Hell, if he keeps getting as much playing time as he has, K Thomas can probably play at Clements' level next year for a hell of a lot less money, then all we'd need to do is find a nickelback. Youboty or a rookie or a FA could do that.
                        Last edited by OpIv37; 10-08-2006, 05:30 PM.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Why in gods name do we need another WR??
                          Well we still don't have a true #2 to take pressure off of Evans. We have 3 #3 types rotating in and out of there.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

McGee got owned just as well if not more than Nate. That's what happens when you have zero pass rush and no pressure on the QB.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

I heard on WGR earlier in the year that Marv admitted they most likely wouldn't have tagged Clements if they knew his salary cap number would be over $7 million. They had no problem with $5.5 or whatever, so $7 is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X