PDA

View Full Version : I have to admit I was wrong

X-Era
10-08-2006, 05:29 PM
JP does suck. :laugh: nice try its way too early.

Actually, I am now officially think a pass rush DE should be at the top of our wish list. I was wrong in thinking we were just fine. We had a good start the first 2 games but we have done jack squat and lost some games since then.

Rotation? i dont care. We havent gotten any pressure and we cant ever beat the Pats if we dont.

We need a Peppers type. Gaines Adams? maybe. Moses didnt impress me that much, at least not as much as Adams.

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
JP does suck. :laugh: nice try its way too early.

Actually, I am now officially think a pass rush DE should be at the top of our wish list. I was wrong in thinking we were just fine. We had a good start the first 2 games but we have done jack squat and lost some games since then.

Rotation? i dont care. We havent gotten any pressure and we cant ever beat the Pats if we dont.

We need a Peppers type. Gaines Adams? maybe. Moses didnt impress me that much, at least not as much as Adams.We need a DT first. Then a LDE but all of that is along with a LT and RG and #2 WR

Ingtar33
10-08-2006, 08:59 PM
the DT's are the main problem... 20-25 of the teams in this league would love to have our ends.

when you have guards and centers getting hats on your LBers you're in trouble

X-Era
10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
the DT's are the main problem... 20-25 of the teams in this league would love to have our ends.

when you have guards and centers getting hats on your LBers you're in trouble

So you want even MORE DT's drafted?

How many do we take until we take a different approach?

Trade for a bigtime DT? Im all ears. We aint getting anything worth a damn in free agency.

Corey Simon may be available after he sits out this year.

Ingtar33
10-08-2006, 09:47 PM
when did I say draft DTs?

anyone who remembers anything I’ve ever written about the draft will know I HATE drafting DTs... well, I hate drafting them for immediate gain anyway.

DTs take 3 years, sometimes longer to round out into good players.

Your best bet on the DT is to take someone's 4 year FA

Now O-linemen you like to draft, not that rookies on the line are a good idea... but they tend to pay off faster. And FA linemen rarely mesh quickly. So for best investment, take your licks for a year or two on the o-line through the draft, and pay off salary cap wise in years 3, 4 and 5... and take your FA hits at DT.

X-Era
10-08-2006, 09:57 PM
when did I say draft DTs?

anyone who remembers anything I’ve ever written about the draft will know I HATE drafting DTs... well, I hate drafting them for immediate gain anyway.

DTs take 3 years, sometimes longer to round out into good players.

Your best bet on the DT is to take someone's 4 year FA

Now O-linemen you like to draft, not that rookies on the line are a good idea... but they tend to pay off faster. And FA linemen rarely mesh quickly. So for best investment, take your licks for a year or two on the o-line through the draft, and pay off salary cap wise in years 3, 4 and 5... and take your FA hits at DT.

OK, so Dwight Freeney and Vonnie Holliday are the 2 best available FA's on the DL. I would take either.

However, Freeney gets franchise tagged, I will almost guarantee it. Every team in the league has money right now.

Holliday? sure. Does he fit our scheme? I dont know but hes got to be better than say Tim Anderson.

Outside of that there aint squat and unlike the cap restricted years, the new CBA has every team fat on cash so cuts are unlikely too.

YardRat
10-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Everybody in the league except Carolina needs a Julius Peppers, and there ain't enough of him to go around.

Buffalo drafted DT's this year, and they also drafted o-lineman to go along with a couple FA starters.

Give the new guys more than 5 games to prove themselves.