PDA

View Full Version : What would Jauron need to do to get any respect?

Dr. Lecter
10-08-2006, 05:37 PM
OK Jauron haters and those who deemed him a failure before he ever coached a game for this team.

Is there any possible way for this guy to get any respect? What are REALISITC expectations for this team when Levy and crew inherited a mess from TD and MM?

Should they be 5-0? 4-1? Is losing to the best team in the NFL, in a similar fashion as last years NFC's acceptable?

Finally what coach should have they hired and if they hired your selection of golden boy what record do you think this team would have?

DraftBoy
10-08-2006, 05:38 PM
19-0

Expect anything less and your not a true fan!!

/sarcasm off

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 05:39 PM
:popcorn:

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 05:39 PM
OK Jauron haters and those who deemed him a failure before he ever coached a game for this team.

Is there any possible way for this guy to get any respect? What are REALISITC expectations for this team when Levy and crew inherited a mess from TD and MM?

Should they be 5-0? 4-1? Is losing to the best team in the NFL, in a similar fashion as last years NFC's acceptable?

Finally what coach should have they hired and if they hired your selection of golden boy what record do you think this team would have?

for starters, quit trying the cute stuff and lets just play football. So far he has tried some trick in most games and failed. Next its just going to take winning games. Its all about winning. I can live with 7 wins this year, but we have major moves to still make this offseason.

Nighthawk
10-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Respect is earned and he has earned none. Let me reverse it on you. Why should I respect what he's done, what has he done that is so great?

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 05:41 PM
what cute stuff did he try today other than the fake punt? and considering the reason that was screwed up was the snap, that would've been a botched punt
botched punt
botched fake punt
what's the difference?

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 05:42 PM
I also have to go with nighthawk, he has to EARN the respect. He is a guy with a losing record as a HC and no one else wanted. He has to win just like any coach.

I am giving the guy all the chances in the world, but so far he has made some really bad decisions. I expect that to improve.

Nighthawk
10-08-2006, 05:43 PM
what cute stuff did he try today other than the fake punt? and considering the reason that was screwed up was the snap, that would've been a botched punt
botched punt
botched fake punt
what's the difference?

For me it is all the cumulative "cute" calls over the first 5 games and there have been many. I don't judge a coach by one game...he has to judged by his entire work.

ICE74129
10-08-2006, 05:43 PM
botched punt
botched fake punt
what's the difference? He has tried some kind of something every game. If you want to go for it on 4th down then line up and do it.

DraftBoy
10-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Respect is earned and he has earned none. Let me reverse it on you. Why should I respect what he's done, what has he done that is so great?

Have I earned your respect?

BillsFever21
10-08-2006, 08:03 PM
I want a team that plays smart and doesn't beat themselves. A team that can put somebody away when they have the opportunity. When the other team is playing awful we totally crush them like the Bears did to us today.

A coach that makes calls that excite you and make you wonder how they did it. Not calls that leave you shaking your head.

A coach that rallies the troops when things start off bad. Even if they don't win the game at least some things got corrected and they showed some competitive fight in them.

A coach that brings their A game every week and that can lead this team on a title run. A coach that it seems like they are getting more from the talent of the team and not less.

So far 1/3 of the way through we gave away 2 games we should've won with the Patriots and Jets and didn't put any of them away when we had the chance.

Another game we were lucky to not give away with the Vikings. They pulled one of our games and beat themselves.

And another game when the Dolphins played so bad but we still made it a close game. A good coach blows them out.

This team is still making tons of penalties. Many calls that have left us shaking our head and not many calls that made you say "wow"

Today we were unprepared and had no answer. Not at the start, middle or end of the game.

This team hasn't been any different then the Mularkey lead team so far. And with all the trick plays so far without any of them working it seems even more familiar.

This team was in a mess coaching wise when Levy took over and not talent wise. All this team needed was a competent coaching staff the last few years to make some noise in the playoffs. Did you see a better 5-11 roster out there last season or prior to this season? I sure the hell didn't.

We were left with a pretty talented team for a new regime to take over. I'm sure most GM's and coaches would love to take over a losing team with the talent we have.

Everyone talks about all the great players we have. If you can talk about all the great players then that means there should be a pretty talented team on the field. And we do have some good talent.

But just like the last few years it's still not equaling success. Sure we don't have the best roster in the NFL but we have one comparable to a lot of teams who will make the playoffs this year. It comes down to coaching though. They have it and we don't.

The title of this thread should totally be reversed. Jauron hasn't done anything in his career or with this team so far to garner everyone's respect. He has been a failure to this point as a HC and there's a reason why nobody else wanted him leading their team.

4 losing seasons out of 5 doesn't generate respect. You must win to get respect. Jauron has only acheived enough to be skeptical in his career and not to be thought of as a highly regarded respected coach.

When he starts winning games as a HC and has more then 1 good season he will get his respect. Till then he's just another failed coach who just happened to be lucky enough to get a 2nd shot. Out of hunderds of failed coaches in the history of the NFL only two of them turned it around their 2nd chance. Right now Jauron is no different then any other failed coach and just because Belicheck and Levy had success their 2nd time around doesn't mean Jauron will. If that's the case then the hundreds of other failed coaches should get a 2nd chance.

Till he starts producing good teams instead of only average teams he will get respect. Nobody is hoping he fails. We want a winning team as much as the next guy and if he fails again then we're even further behind.

Respect is earned and not given. He has done nothing in his career or with our team yet to earn any of the respect. Period.

BillsFever21
10-08-2006, 08:09 PM
When you think of a coach as one of the main reasons why your team is winning then you can consider them a good coach and he earns respect. Jauron hasn't done that in his career. When he does then he will get his respect.

When you think of a coach as one of the contributing factors why your team is losing(like Mularkey) and has failed 4 out of 5 tries then he is nothing more then a failure till he proves otherwise.

patmoran2006
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM

To try and answer your question..

I think this team should be 3-2.. We had no chance today, I dont care if Vince Lombardi was coaching.

Jauron's game plan and game management was EXCELLENT vs NE and Miami the first two weeks, and slowly seems to be deteriorating ever since.

It's been PROVEN now this team is at its best when we run the ball and then run it some more.. Even if it doesnt work, we punt and play defense.

Against the Jets and especially today we abandoned that philosophy and the TREND now is JP makes mistakes that kill us when forced into these kind of games.

Wilis/A-Train need 30 carries per game on this team.. if we punt 5-6 times, we punt 5-6 times... They do that and they may lose, but I guarentee you its not by 33 points with five turnovers.

Dr. Lecter
10-08-2006, 08:28 PM
I want a team that plays smart and doesn't beat themselves. A team that can put somebody away when they have the opportunity. When the other team is playing awful we totally crush them like the Bears did to us today.
That comes with experience. Something this team is woefully lacking in. It is a young team that still needs to learn how to win.

A coach that makes calls that excite you and make you wonder how they did it. Not calls that leave you shaking your head.

A coach that rallies the troops when things start off bad. Even if they don't win the game at least some things got corrected and they showed some competitive fight in them.

1. I have not seen much that left me shake my head this except for the 4th and 1 against the Pats.
2. Like the Jets game they almost came back to win?

A coach that brings their A game every week and that can lead this team on a title run. A coach that it seems like they are getting more from the talent of the team and not less.

So far 1/3 of the way through we gave away 2 games we should've won with the Patriots and Jets and didn't put any of them away when we had the chance.

Putting away the Pats is not easy as one thinks. They have been the best team in the NFL for the past 5 years. Remember, there is another team on the field and sometimes they deserve credit.

Another game we were lucky to not give away with the Vikings. They pulled one of our games and beat themselves.

And another game when the Dolphins played so bad but we still made it a close game. A good coach blows them out.

1. You can't hade it both ways. The team wins against a decent team and you won't give out any credit. They lose and you rip them.

2. Again, YOUTH. Young teams rarely blow anybody away.

This team is still making tons of penalties. Many calls that have left us shaking our head and not many calls that made you say "wow"

Today we were unprepared and had no answer. Not at the start, middle or end of the game.

1. The penalties are disturibing. But again it is a youg team. I just wish Shelton and Peters would cut back on the very stupid ones.
2. In today's game the Bills were outmanned and outclassed byt he best team in the NFL.

This team hasn't been any different then the Mularkey lead team so far. And with all the trick plays so far without any of them working it seems even more familiar.

This team was in a mess coaching wise when Levy took over and not talent wise. All this team needed was a competent coaching staff the last few years to make some noise in the playoffs. Did you see a better 5-11 roster out there last season or prior to this season? I sure the hell didn't.

These two statements are the one's I have the most problem with. If you think the team is no different than under Mularkey, then you are watching a different team and game than I have. The 'trick' plays are better timed.

As for the talent, are you serious? Apparently Marv disagrees with you as they changed over 20 players on the roster this year. This team did NOT have playoff caliber guys last year. Bennie Anderson? Trey Teague? An aging Milloy? a fat , lazy Sam Adams? Mark Campbell?

We were left with a pretty talented team for a new regime to take over. I'm sure most GM's and coaches would love to take over a losing team with the talent we have.

See above. Marv got rid of over 20 guys from last years roster. He could not have been too happy with the talent.

Everyone talks about all the great players we have. If you can talk about all the great players then that means there should be a pretty talented team on the field. And we do have some good talent.

But just like the last few years it's still not equaling success. Sure we don't have the best roster in the NFL but we have one comparable to a lot of teams who will make the playoffs this year. It comes down to coaching though. They have it and we don't.

They also have been together for more than 6 months. Remeber this team has numerous new starters. 5 rookies get signifcant PT on defense. There are 2 new O-lineman. A new #1 WR. Teams get better as they play together and gain expereince.

The title of this thread should totally be reversed. Jauron hasn't done anything in his career or with this team so far to garner everyone's respect. He has been a failure to this point as a HC and there's a reason why nobody else wanted him leading their team.

He has done nothing as Bills HC. He does not deserve the vitriol thrown his way either.

4 losing seasons out of 5 doesn't generate respect. You must win to get respect. Jauron has only acheived enough to be skeptical in his career and not to be thought of as a highly regarded respected coach.

When he starts winning games as a HC and has more then 1 good season he will get his respect. Till then he's just another failed coach who just happened to be lucky enough to get a 2nd shot. Out of hunderds of failed coaches in the history of the NFL only two of them turned it around their 2nd chance. Right now Jauron is no different then any other failed coach and just because Belicheck and Levy had success their 2nd time around doesn't mean Jauron will. If that's the case then the hundreds of other failed coaches should get a 2nd chance.
Can you at least give him a chance?

Till he starts producing good teams instead of only average teams he will get respect. Nobody is hoping he fails. We want a winning team as much as the next guy and if he fails again then we're even further behind.

Respect is earned and not given. He has done nothing in his career or with our team yet to earn any of the respect. Period.

Fine then.

Who should have they hired and what would the record be?

Remember many thought this team would one of the worst in the NFL. Right now they are in the middle of the pack and still might be #2 in the AFC East.

patmoran2006
10-08-2006, 08:45 PM
To answer the other part of your question.

I dont know who I would've hired. I'm all for a young teacher of the game, but that failed us with Williams and Mularkey.

I liked sherman when the job was open.

Marv should've hired himself.

Jeff1220
10-08-2006, 08:51 PM
I like most of what I've seen so far, with two of the three losses being the main downers. I take solace in the fact that our HC isn't Art Shell.

Dozerdog
10-08-2006, 09:19 PM
To answer the other part of your question.

I dont know who I would've hired. I'm all for a young teacher of the game, but that failed us with Williams and Mularkey.

I liked sherman when the job was open.

Marv should've hired himself.

Well- Which one? You wanted a young teacher- but wanted Sherman...who's not a young teacher.

Sherm inherited a very talented Packer super bowl team and they declined every season. Only having Bret Favre and playing in the NFL's weakest division the past 4-5 years kept the thing together.

Mr. Cynical
10-08-2006, 09:21 PM

Bingo. Been saying this since Day 1.