PDA

View Full Version : One drive was a microcosm for this team:

OpIv37
10-08-2006, 05:46 PM
The score was 6-0 and the game was still manageable when this happened:

Buffalo Bills at 03:43
1-10-BUF20 (3:43) W.McGahee right guard to BUF 26 for 6 yards (A.Brown).
2-4-BUF26 (3:07) PENALTY on BUF-J.Peters, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 26 - No Play.
2-9-BUF21 (2:53) J.Losman pass incomplete short left to P.Price.
3-9-BUF21 (2:48) (Shotgun) J.Losman sacked at BUF 13 for -8 yards (A.Brown).

The drive starts with the D holding the Bears to two consecutive FGs and us still only being 1 score behind- not ideal, but still a very manageable situation for most NFL teams.

Then McGahee tears off a 6 yard run to set up 2nd and 4- a great down because the full playbook is still available.

Then, the next three plays: penalty, drop by Price, sack. The penalty and the drop were ALL on the Bills- it wasn't because of anything the Bears did on those plays- it could have been a team of 8 year olds out there and the same thing would have happened.

Stupid ****ing mistakes. I am so sick of this team shooting themselves in the ****ing foot when they have a chance to do something good. It's like they're afraid of success. I've never seen a team so capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory (that's obvious hyperbole in this case since the drive was early in the game, but like I said, it's a microcosm).

Everyone has bad games but there is no excuse for the type of consistent, all-around poor execution we saw today.

Mitchy moo
10-08-2006, 05:47 PM
When your right, your right.

Typ0
10-08-2006, 06:43 PM
I was happy we were in the lead with a TD....when Price dropped that pass (or was that a pigeon) I just thought "oh boy here we go".

Kerr
10-08-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm just happy we didn't get shutout. That would have been far worse, although ron rivera probably let up on our offense towards the end because he felt bad for us and wanted us to lose with some dignity.

BILLSROCK1212
10-08-2006, 07:57 PM
yea i was very disappointed in the Bills on that drive

hydro
10-09-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm just happy we didn't get shutout. That would have been far worse, although ron rivera probably let up on our offense towards the end because he felt bad for us and wanted us to lose with some dignity.

Doubt that. The way the Bears play defense they take pride in shutting people down consistently. They hadn't let up a TD Pass in over a year, i think they might have like that streak stay alive.

Meathead
10-09-2006, 07:50 AM
i pretty much stopped watching the game intently after that drive because the pattern was crystal clear: this was going to be a day the bills imploded. you could just see it unfolding

i used to watch games like that but now i just wait for the lowlights

so i got on the computer and played pogo chess while i had the skins/gints game on

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2006, 08:02 AM
I think this is too!

1-5-CHI46 (13:04) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass short right to L.Evans to CHI 42 for 4 yards (R.Manning).
2-1-CHI42 (12:30) J.Losman pass incomplete deep right to L.Evans.
3-1-CHI42 (12:24) W.McGahee right tackle to CHI 42 for no gain (Ta.Johnson, I.Idonije).
4-1-CHI42 (11:40) (Run formation)
PENALTY on BUF-D.Shelton, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at CHI 42 - No Play.
4-6-CHI42 (11:25) B.Moorman FUMBLES (Aborted) at BUF 42, RECOVERED by CHI-B.Ayanbadejo at BUF 42. B.Ayanbadejo to BUF 40 for 2 yards (M.Schneck, M.Haggan).

Jan Reimers
10-09-2006, 08:38 AM
I actually thought the last 4 plays of our first drive were a microcosm - and a harbinger of things come - for the afternoon. As I remember:

Evans catches a pass just short (bad spot?) of a first down.
Willis loses a foot or two on a lackluster 3rd and a foot plunge.
Shelton commits a stupid motion penalty on the 4th down attempt, which forces us to punt.
Moorman fumbles away the fake punt snap.

Game. Set. Match. The turning point.

Why, without those mistakes, I predict a much different outcome. . .we might only have lost 37-10.

Meathead
10-09-2006, 08:57 AM
well you never know whats going to happen. sure the bills were outmatched but when you start out the game mistake-mistake-mistake-mistake-mistake-mistake-etc youre pretty unlikely to give the bears any reason to think maybe youre going to be a test today

at the end of the first quarter it was bills 7 bears 0 on the mistake scoreboard

i may be going out on a limb here but im thinking thats a bad sign

Typ0
10-09-2006, 01:15 PM
I thought we were really in the game even at half time if we would stop making mistakes...but there was so so many mistakes being made. No one could make a play but they should could screw them up. It was a pathetic day for the Bills.

ublinkwescore
10-09-2006, 01:20 PM
I think sunday was just a truely off day for us.

I think if we got to play them again in their house, we'd still put up more of a fight - coincidentally that off day happened to come against the best team in the NFL right now, so it looks more resounding.