PDA

View Full Version : Whats pissing me off about Jauron..

patmoran2006
10-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Did he.. or did he not say... As it was quoted on TV. that "Its ok to punt"..

at 6-0, even 13-0 we still had a fighter's chance.. He gave up on the run and threw JP under the bus against a defense that even the most crafty of vets can't handle under those circumstances.

Not to make excuses for Losman, he was BRUTAL and I dont give a **** what he's done to this point. when you play THAT BAD you dont get a free pass.

But Jauron is really starting to piss me off with his game management.

Phil Simms may be annoying, but he was 100% right today.. Buffalo's game plan and management was God awful.

BillsFever21
10-08-2006, 08:08 PM
A great coach doesn't leave you wondering about his game management. This isn't the case with Jauron. Great post.

And it's not like he's a new HC. He's had 1 other shot and failed miserably. Till he starts winning games and leading his team to success he can only be thought of as a losing coach.

The only thing we can go by is his past and present. Up to know he has been terrible.

Dozerdog
10-08-2006, 08:10 PM
I had no problem with it.

It's not like the Bears saw it coming. The Punter fumbled.

OK- we punt. We lose 37-7

patmoran2006
10-08-2006, 08:16 PM
I had no problem with it.

It's not like the Bears saw it coming. The Punter fumbled.

OK- we punt. We lose 37-7
I'm not talking about that play.. I Loved that call.. He doesnt fumble the snap and we get the first down easily and probably trick them into the first points of the game.

And we probably lose the game convincingly no matter what.

I am saying I hate JAURON's game-management philosophies lately, even when we beat Minnesota.

We gave up totally on the run entirely too early today is my biggest beef..

chernobylwraiths
10-08-2006, 08:16 PM
I still remember the day New England hired Bill Belichick. I laughed my ass off because he was such a terrible coach in Cleveland. I didn't think I had anything to worry about for about 5 years from NE.

patmoran2006
10-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I still remember the day New England hired Bill Belichick. I laughed my ass off because he was such a terrible coach in Cleveland. I didn't think I had anything to worry about for about 5 years from NE.
I could care less about Jauron's track record previously and what he did or didnt do before coming to Buffalo.

The TRUTH is his game plan has been very bad 2 of the last three weeks, and we've gotten away from the style of play that's made up competitive all season long to this point.

Dozerdog
10-08-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm not talking about that play.. I Loved that call.. He doesnt fumble the snap and we get the first down easily and probably trick them into the first points of the game.

And we probably lose the game convincingly no matter what.

I am saying I hate JAURON's game-management philosophies lately, even when we beat Minnesota.

We gave up totally on the run entirely too early today is my biggest beef..

Again- when the WRs managed to hang on the ball, we moved the ball well. Penalties and the inability to gain 1 yard on third and inches- geesh- I wonder why they didn't stick with it.

Only until the Bears went up big and we were forced to pass did Losman start making bad decisions.

X-Era
10-08-2006, 08:28 PM

at 6-0, even 13-0 we still had a fighter's chance.. He gave up on the run and threw JP under the bus against a defense that even the most crafty of vets can't handle under those circumstances.

Not to make excuses for Losman, he was BRUTAL and I dont give a **** what he's done to this point. when you play THAT BAD you dont get a free pass.

Phil Simms may be annoying, but he was 100% right today.. Buffalo's game plan and management was God awful.

NOW we are talking about some football!

Explain why in the hell you try yet another fake anything on 4th and 2 (i think) rather than use your pro-bowl punter to pin them deep?

I completely looked at this as a game changing moment. I honestly believe a team like the Pats would NEVER have even tried it.

That bad coaching right there. We were moving the ball, we might have gone and scored (yes its woulda coulda shoulda) and we held them to 2 straight FG's. 6-0 is a different game than 7-6 or even 3-6.

That was a bad gamble and a gamble you dont take against a great team. If you want to win you play solid football and you dont take chances.

This game was no different than a playoff game. You run and stop the run, I knew we wouldnt be able to run and JP is still to green to carry the team. Thats a loss plain and simple, but our coaching didnt need to help us lose by trying trick plays.

patmoran2006
10-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Again- when the WRs managed to hang on the ball, we moved the ball well. Penalties and the inability to gain 1 yard on third and inches- geesh- I wonder why they didn't stick with it.

Only until the Bears went up big and we were forced to pass did Losman start making bad decisions.

It was only 13-0 at the time, just TWO minutes into the second quarter and for all intents and purposes we already gave up on the run.

on the next drive after going down 13-0, we ran ONCE and threw FIVES times.. Not coincidently, Losman threw his first of three INT's on the drive, a very BAD one on top of that.

Chicago went up 20-0 and as for the run.. FORGET about it. Despite over 10 minutes remaining in the second, we went three and out with ALL passes, including a sack on first down when everyone in the whole stadium knew the Bills were not going to run.

I always blame players more than coaches since they have to execute, but the play calling today absolutely SUCKED-- and no one can tell me we just didnt flat-out give up on the run way too early.

chernobylwraiths
10-08-2006, 09:04 PM
I could care less about Jauron's track record previously and what he did or didnt do before coming to Buffalo.

The TRUTH is his game plan has been very bad 2 of the last three weeks, and we've gotten away from the style of play that's made up competitive all season long to this point.

I assume bad because we lost those 2 games. Of course it was his bad playcalling that resulted in those awful picks and fumbles.

patmoran2006
10-08-2006, 09:09 PM
I assume bad because we lost those 2 games. Of course it was his bad playcalling that resulted in those awful picks and fumbles.

The Bears game we werent winning no matter what plays we called.. We were out-manned and on the road and thats the way it is.

the Jets game was disgustingly bad with the playcalling..

Players execute the plays and that ultimately determines who wins the game, but a good coach puts his team in position to win games more often by managing a game better.... and since the first two weeks, Jauron hasnt done that.

chernobylwraiths
10-08-2006, 09:11 PM
NOW we are talking about some football!

Explain why in the hell you try yet another fake anything on 4th and 2 (i think) rather than use your pro-bowl punter to pin them deep?

I completely looked at this as a game changing moment. I honestly believe a team like the Pats would NEVER have even tried it.

That bad coaching right there. We were moving the ball, we might have gone and scored (yes its woulda coulda shoulda) and we held them to 2 straight FG's. 6-0 is a different game than 7-6 or even 3-6.

That was a bad gamble and a gamble you dont take against a great team. If you want to win you play solid football and you dont take chances.

This game was no different than a playoff game. You run and stop the run, I knew we wouldnt be able to run and JP is still to green to carry the team. Thats a loss plain and simple, but our coaching didnt need to help us lose by trying trick plays.

Well, we were going for it on fourth and 1 and we got a penalty for false start. Not it is fourth and six. The art of catching someone by surprise is when the team you are trying to surprise don't suspect a trick play. I don't think anyone felt we would try a fake punt. Now I didn't really like that play call, but as one person pointed out, if we punt, then we lose 37-3. Maybe.

Anyway, the funny thing about both of those fake plays against the Jets and Bears is that if the main guy in the play didn't screw up, there was a good chance to make the play. Moorman started to run before he had that ball. That's all on him. Thing about trick plays is, if they work, you're a genius, if they don't, you're an idiot. MM was a genius at times his first year.

chernobylwraiths
10-08-2006, 09:13 PM
The Bears game we werent winning no matter what plays we called.. We were out-manned and on the road and thats the way it is.

the Jets game was disgustingly bad with the playcalling..

Players execute the plays and that ultimately determines who wins the game, but a good coach puts his team in position to win games more often by managing a game better.... and since the first two weeks, Jauron hasnt done that.

QB threw for over 300 and running back ran for 150 against the Jets. How is that disgusting?

Mr. Cynical
10-08-2006, 09:23 PM

:bf1:

patmoran2006
10-08-2006, 09:31 PM
QB threw for over 300 and running back ran for 150 against the Jets. How is that disgusting?
Because that 150 could have EASILY been well over 200 yards, and we wouldnt have had any stupid turnovers that killed our chances to win. that game was even WORSE than the CHicago game from a play calling standpoint.. Why STOP doing something that clearly is working?

300 yards means nothing when you have THREE TURNOVERS.. Losman threw for 88 yards vs Miami with no mistakes and we won. (on the road too)

You remember a few years ago when PIttsburgh opened up against New England. Didnt Brady throw like 25 STRAIGHT passes because Pitt couldnt stop the pass?

YardRat
10-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Belicheck's a genius because he abandons the run before the game even starts but Jauron is a dope becuase he throws it out the window after going down by 20 pts? I don't get it.

I think the play-calling has been fine up to this point generally speaking, especially against the Jets and Minnesota. You don't roll up well over 400 yards against any defense without sound play calling or game planning, and the team stuck with the run even though Willis was getting less than 2 ypc most of the time versus Minnesota.

The difference between a win and a loss, and it should be more glaring to Bills fans this year than anybody, is turnovers. Protect the ball and you give yourself a chance to win. Get more turnovers, and most likely you will. Give more away, and most likely you lose. It's that simple.

That being said, I am getting weary of seeing the gadget plays fail from week to week, but that has more to do with the lack of execution as opposed to when/why they were called. If the players keep showing the tendancy to not be able to execute the plays on gameday, maybe they should be put away for a few games.

Earthquake Enyart
10-09-2006, 06:43 AM
It was only 13-0 at the time, just TWO minutes into the second quarter and for all intents and purposes we already gave up on the run.

on the next drive after going down 13-0, we ran ONCE and threw FIVES times.. Not coincidently, Losman threw his first of three INT's on the drive, a very BAD one on top of that.

The int came on 3rd and long. There was a guy wide open underneath on a slant that would have come up short of the first down, but JP jammed the ball into quadruple coverage for the pick.

What I think Jauron meant was that he would rather have JP throw the slant and maybe the guy breaks a tackle, maybe he doesn't. If he comes up short we punt, rather than take foolish chances and turn the ball over in our own end.

The only way to beat the Bears is to get into a field position game, something we failed miserably.

BillsFever21
10-09-2006, 06:51 AM

Chicago went up 20-0 and as for the run.. FORGET about it. Despite over 10 minutes remaining in the second, we went three and out with ALL passes, including a sack on first down when everyone in the whole stadium knew the Bills were not going to run.

I always blame players more than coaches since they have to execute, but the play calling today absolutely SUCKED-- and no one can tell me we just didnt flat-out give up on the run way too early.

Sounds like he has the Mike Mularkey theory on playcalling. We'll run a few times and if it doesn't work then the hell with it. We'll just pass the rest of the game even if that isn't working either.

ddaryl
10-09-2006, 07:10 AM
I feel the Bills coaches didn't see much hope in us winning this game being conservative so they figured they would just open it up and see if we could get an early lead.

Once we fell behind it was all catchup and the Bears just tee'd off on us, like great teams will.

I have to admit I expected them to try and force McGahee down their throats a little, but that would have probably not have turned out much differently.

This entire season is about getting better as a team, and getting our young guys the experience they need, so this loss against a great team isn't really unexpected, it just sucks that we didn't make it a game.

Jan Reimers
10-09-2006, 07:38 AM
I think our tendency to give up on the run in this, and at least one other game, has a lot to do with McGahee's inability - or unwillingness - to fight for tough, key yardage early. He goes down far too easily to instill any confidence that he will scratch and claw for every inch, particularly in 3rd/4th and short situations.

We had bigger problems than Willis yesterday, but I'm still not sold on his heart and desire to do the dirty work in short yardage situations.

Typ0
10-09-2006, 08:39 AM
I think our tendency to give up on the run in this, and at least one other game, has a lot to do with McGahee's inability - or unwillingness - to fight for tough, key yardage early. He goes down far too easily to instill any confidence that he will scratch and claw for every inch, particularly in 3rd/4th and short situations.

We had bigger problems than Willis yesterday, but I'm still not sold on his heart and desire to do the dirty work in short yardage situations.

you know...I really don't think NFL running backs are trained to go for those yards on a typical play as silly as it sounds. I think they go down when their hit. This is what gives them longevity. Remember Travis Henry fighting for those yards? It was a great thing to watch but he only lasted a couple years and was injured a lot. You know, if you fight for those yards on every play you end up with not 600 lbs crashing in on you but a ton. Another thing that happens is there's more guys swipping at the ball and you fumble more. Don't get me wrong, they try and bust tackles...but once they are going to go down then they go down instead of carrying the pile for a yard.