PDA

View Full Version : Why this loss is so disappointing....

OpIv37
10-08-2006, 09:18 PM
So we lost this game- no one is surprised by that, especially not people like me who have been predicting a bad season for months.

But I'm still extremely disappointed in this team. Why? Because this is a rebuilding year and we're supposed to be showing improvement.

Going into this game, I was looking for some sign that we might be improving enough to play with the big boys- if not a victory, at least a strong showing on the road. Anything to show that the gap between us and the NFL elite is shrinking.

But I got nothing. This game was a complete disaster by any measure. Other than Evans and arguably Moorman (because of the fumble) NO ONE did their job today.

The Bills supposedly showed improvement in their first few games, but today revealed just how far the Bills still have to go before they can be competitive with the NFL's better teams.

Mitchy moo
10-08-2006, 09:22 PM
We had a bad game OP. Do you remember the start of NE's SB season was a 31-0 drubbing by the Bills, by the end of the year we got it back at their house. This season is not over and these kinds of things happen. 182 for rex is not a complete torching by any stretch.

OpIv37
10-08-2006, 09:27 PM
182 for rex is not a complete torching by any stretch.

no, but 40-7 IS a complete torching.

And for the record, Rex didn't play most of the 4th quarter.

This game was an opportunity for the team to make a statement- a good showing (even without a victory) would have proven they're on the way up. Instead they look no better (if not worse) than last year.

Mitchy moo
10-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Last season's SB runner up thought the same thing a week earlier and it got them in about the same spot, so is Seattle done now as well?

Dozerdog
10-08-2006, 09:31 PM
I have a feeling that if we lost this game with a last -secoond Chicago FG we would still hear this speech.

New England game was a complete disaster. So was the Jets game.

We don't improve fast enough....same broken record....

OpIv37
10-08-2006, 09:34 PM
I have a feeling that if we lost this game with a last -secoond Chicago FG we would still hear this speech.

New England game was a complete disaster. So was the Jets game.

We don't improve fast enough....same broken record....

I never said the Jets game was a complete disaster so don't put words in my mouth.

The NE game was a disaster because we HANDED THEM THE GAME. It was the Bills' own stupid mistakes that cost them a road win against a division opponent and that's inexcusable.

We're five games into the season- we're supposed to be seeing improvement as the season goes on. What improvement did you see today? Tell me one aspect of the game where we improved over week 1 against NE.

patmoran2006
10-08-2006, 09:38 PM
We had a bad game OP. Do you remember the start of NE's SB season was a 31-0 drubbing by the Bills, by the end of the year we got it back at their house. This season is not over and these kinds of things happen. 182 for rex is not a complete torching by any stretch.
Come on man.. Your better than that.Grossman didnt even play the fourth quarter.. He could have had all the yards he wanted against us, we had no answer for him. Maybe if Jones and Benson werent shredding our front seven for 6 or 7 yards per carry in the second half he'd have had more yards.I'm not concerned about this loss.. every team has one or two of these games a year, especially a team that's not overly good at this point. We had chances early, didnt take advantage and a team thats VERY good simply dominated us and took advantage of EVERYTHING we did (or didnt ) do.Now Detroit next week however.. NO EXCUSES.. If we cant' beat the hapless Lions.. WITH all their injuries.. Then this improvement and progression talk is nothing but a FARCE.

Mitchy moo
10-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I never said the Jets game was a complete disaster so don't put words in my mouth.

The NE game was a disaster because we HANDED THEM THE GAME. It was the Bills' own stupid mistakes that cost them a road win against a division opponent and that's inexcusable.

We're five games into the season- we're supposed to be seeing improvement as the season goes on. What improvement did you see today? Tell me one aspect of the game where we improved over week 1 against NE.

We held our own on their field and left a mark on them that we are here and a threat. NE knows that our season will be on the line when they hit Buffalo, we'll be ready.

SABURZFAN
10-09-2006, 12:34 AM
the most disappointing thing is that we took a severe beating.the Bears are definitely a great football team and we have a long way to go.i wish we could have played them close.they pummeled us in every aspect of the game.

shelby
10-09-2006, 03:57 AM
i must admit i was hoping for a better performance.