PDA

View Full Version : Other Non-Bills thoughts from around the league

patmoran2006
10-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Quick hits.

* Roy Williams has officially joined my most "overated player" list. He's possibly the worst safety in the entire NFL in coverage.. Brutal.

* Why doesnt every team that plays against Bledsoe blitz him on EVERY DOWN.. This guy is unbelievable with taking sacks.

* Leinart and Young are both going to be good quarterbacks, especially Leinart.

* Maybe the Saints are for real.. Everyone talks about Bush.. How about the year Duece is putting together. and Brees may be the MVP this year.

* The Lions REALLY suck. So do the Raiders.. Flip a coin, one of them are getting Brady Quinn.

* The Colts have had the worst 5-0 start I've ever seen (which I'd take anyday though)

* Eli Manning has been better than his brother this year.

* I absolutely despise Jeremy Shockey.

* I give T.O. about two more dallas losses this season before he blows up and gets himself suspended by Parcells.

* what took the Jets so long to start playing like.. the Jets

* I take great satisfaction in Miami's misery. and Saban is the most whining ***** of a coach I've seen in a long time. I'll take Mangini over him any day.

* Weren't the Browns supposed to not suck this year?

* Roelle should be suspended for that intentional face mask on Larry Johnson today.. That's dangerous.

* whomever counted out Carolina already may want to start rethinking that.

Ingtar33
10-08-2006, 10:29 PM
I was at that Arizona game.

a few things I’d like to say.

1) Leinart looked good for a rookie. They've got him on a 2 read offense, which will get him killed, but he did fine for all that.

2) The cards o-line is appalling, almost as bad as the bills (maybe worse), and Lenard Davis could be replaced with a few sandbags, it would be cheaper and at least slow down his man.

3) The Cards new stadium is... nice. only thing good i can say, though there would have been a riot in buffalo with how slow the merchant venders work... 6 people in line in front of me, and it took by my watch 25 minutes to get a stinking hotdog. It wasn't just my line, all of them moved at the pace of a glacier.

4) Cards fans = worse fans in football. The place was louder on 3rd down when the cards had the ball then when the chiefs did. Mostly because the 6 or 8 thousand chiefs fans in attendance would make a ruckus, and the idiot cards fans would start cheering too (likely thinking this was what you were supposed to do, it was unreal)

5) Cards fans are idiots: I had 5 different people, while i was waiting in line for food (25 minutes waiting), ask me if a "red hot jumbo dog" was a hotdog. I’m not kidding.

6) Cards fans are idiots take 2: when Johnson was face masked... first the cards fans CHEERED the takedown (after he just gashed the d for 60-70 yards). Then when he was laying there motionless, they BOOED him mercilessly, and started a chant that called him a... part of a female's anatomy that went on for 5 minutes. To say i thought i was in Philly with those Neanderthals would be an understatement.

7) Cards fans... is there such a thing? I mean the game was tied 20 - 20 and they were filing out with 5 minutes left. When the chiefs kicked the game winning field goal with 1:40 left, they started a mass exodus. Now I hate the cards, and I hate the chiefs, but I think I was one of maybe 20,000 people left in the stadium for the last play of the game

8) Cards fans don't know what the word "tailgating" means. They had cops in the parking lots; crashing parties, shutting them down, because they weren't in the "designated" tailgating zone... an area you need to buy a ticket in advance for the right to set up a team sanctioned "tailgate" party. Like it was some sort of stand at a fair.

Ugh... I need to make the trip back to buffalo to see the bills, asap... I still feel dirty after that experience.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks ingtar, its interesting to hear about what goes on at other venues. Buffalo fans are hardcore and know how to be football fans (knucklehead TDummy not withstanding).

Sorry TD, could not resist the flagrent shot at your undefended flank :)

Stewie
10-09-2006, 09:10 AM
So its official, Ingtar works for KC

Kerr
10-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Also, I think Bruce Godowski is going to replace Simms long term in tampa and will be a good qb.

Anyone even talking about the Chargers? This team is a poor man's chicago bears. They could contend for the superbowl this year the way Rivers is playing.

T.O was ok until in dallas until he decided to blow up in the lockeroom and made comments like he was throwing the team under the bus. T.O never learns.

Ingtar33
10-09-2006, 05:57 PM
So its official, Ingtar works for KC

nope, nor do i work for the cards.

Ickybaluky
10-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I agree on Leinart. I wasn't sold on him comingo out of college because I thought his pub was inflated by playing with such great talent. However, he really impressed me in preseason, and seems to have played pretty good yesterday. He has great poise under pressure. However, the thing that most impressed me was his mobility was better than I thought. He threw accurately on the move both to his left and his right. It is a rare QB that can accurately throw rolling either way, and it makes him a perfect fit in a WCO.

FYI... If Ingtar was at the game it might have been as an advance scout for a future opponent. Arizona plays the Bears next week, and KC plays Pittsburgh. Of course, it could be for a team the week after as well (Arizona plays Oakland, and KC plays San Diego). Take your pick.

The_Philster
10-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Pittsburgh would make sense :scratch: