X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chambers8484
    • Apr 2006

Question for Bills Fans From A Dolphins Fan

I'm not here to argue or bash the bills, I'm here to ask a question. I have read many threads here and I am extremely curious as to why many of you hate the dolphins more than all the other AFC East teams. Personally I have always hated the pats with a passion, but in general I hate the team on top of the division the most. I mean I figure the past is the past right? I am not saying I like the Bills, but they are not my least favorites, not even close. I hate Tom Brady and his ugly face, and I hope you guys do too, but apparently before the today's game some of you were saying you hoped we lost because you hate us. What's the deal with that? How do you not hate the pats more? Anyways, just curious.
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Re: Question for Bills Fans From A Dolphins Fan

0 for the 1970's
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
      0 for the 1970's

that still bothers me.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• chambers8484
        • Apr 2006

that's 35 years ago

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chambers8484
          that's 35 years ago

that's just one reason too.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

It might be years ago, but 0 for the 1970's is the root of the hatred.

They raise kids in buffalo on that.

I doubt there is one person in buffalo who doesn't know it.

We just transfer that hatred to whoever is on the fins now.

Do you know there are still people in buffalo who think Thurman Thomas is a traitor for playing 1 single season with the dolphins? Think about that.

It's passed beyond simple rivalry hatred to a more irrational sort of cultural hatred now.

And knowing all of that... I still take joy in the fins pain, i revel in it. I laughed my head off in Marino’s last game against the jags. I mean the bills suffered the music city miracle that very same weekend, and here I am dying with laughter, riveted to the screen watching the fins get embarrassed 63-0 (or whatever the score was)

so... I suppose you could say, our reasons for hating the fins have gone well beyond rationality, and into almost a type of psychosis.

I just hate them with a passion.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Ingtar summed it up perfectly...

let me ask this: chambers8484 are you under 25?? anybody over 40 remembers that decade all too well...
              Last edited by Ebenezer; 10-09-2006, 03:33 AM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• evol4276
                • Oct 2005

I'm not here to argue or bash the bills, I'm here to ask a question. I have read many threads here and I am extremely curious as to why many of you hate the dolphins more than all the other AFC East teams. Personally I have always hated the pats with a passion, but in general I hate the team on top of the division the most. I mean I figure the past is the past right? I am not saying I like the Bills, but they are not my least favorites, not even close. I hate Tom Brady and his ugly face, and I hope you guys do too, but apparently before the today's game some of you were saying you hoped we lost because you hate us. What's the deal with that? How do you not hate the pats more? Anyways, just curious.
                i do hate the pats more than the fins

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                  It might be years ago, but 0 for the 1970's is the root of the hatred.

They raise kids in buffalo on that.

I doubt there is one person in buffalo who doesn't know it.

We just transfer that hatred to whoever is on the fins now.

Do you know there are still people in buffalo who think Thurman Thomas is a traitor for playing 1 single season with the dolphins? Think about that.

It's passed beyond simple rivalry hatred to a more irrational sort of cultural hatred now.

And knowing all of that... I still take joy in the fins pain, i revel in it. I laughed my head off in Marino’s last game against the jags. I mean the bills suffered the music city miracle that very same weekend, and here I am dying with laughter, riveted to the screen watching the fins get embarrassed 63-0 (or whatever the score was)

so... I suppose you could say, our reasons for hating the fins have gone well beyond rationality, and into almost a type of psychosis.

I just hate them with a passion.
                  Same here.

Add to that Don Shula was on the competition committee for the entire decade of the 1970's. Every time there was a disputed call it went his way because:

1. He would parade out onto the field to "help" the refs on national tv.
                  2. They were afraid to rule on calls against him.

A total conflict of interest.

The 1970's Dolphins were a solid team, no doubt. Unfortunately, part of their dominance over Buffalo was due to the referees constantly ruling in favor of Shula.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                    • Sep 2004

As a Jet's fan, i can say that i hate the Phins waaaay more than the Pat's, just for the simple fact that your bretheren over at Finheaven thought you guys were going straight to the SB, and that only for a select few, nobody can talk serious football over there.

I hope you lose every damn game from now until the end of the world. I respect the Bill's because i have family that likes the Bill's, but your team can eat crap for all i care.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by BleedinGreenNC
                      I hope you lose every damn game from now until the end of the world. .

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
                        Add to that Don Shula was on the competition committee for the entire decade of the 1970's.

From what I understood for most of the 70s he WAS the competition committee. It was a solo position.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Don Shula is the Anti Christ. Nuff Said.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

that's 35 years ago
                            We never forget good or bad, it's a Buffalo thing. When the 90's rolled around and we usually beat up on the fins, I remember my Mom, Dad and grandparents being so happy. It was almost like we we're being set free and nothing could be better that day.

Most of them are gone now except for my dad and I carry on the tradition for the family.

P.S. We had the only Bills top level majority skybox during this years game 2 in Miami, 2 down from the hooters box and did we ever whoop it up. The fans looked like their dogs had been shot after we walked out of the stadium, it was quite refreshing.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                              • Aug 2006

I'm not even old enough to remember the ass kickings of the 70's, but 0-for-the-decade is the big reason. Not just because the Bills lost twenty in a row, but because of what surrounded that decade in Buffalo.

During the time the Dolphins were winning 20 straight over the Bills, the city of Buffalo began its economic downturns - the steel mills, which were the heart of the Buffalo blue collar workforce, began shutting down, and many families not only lost their jobs, but their livelihoods.

Then came 1977. One of the worst blizzards in the history of this country cripled the city. Twenty-nine people died in the storm - the first snowstorm to warrant a federal disaster area declaration. Total damage reached $300 million (in 1977 dollars - for a snowstorm - wow). For almost two weeks, national news reports showed images of our city blanketed in snow up to the roofs of houses. All of this clinched the city's reputation as the snow capital of the country, and a "miserable" place to live (which all of us who are from there know that is totally NOT the case).

So, to answer your question - the 1970's were full of misery and heartbreak in the city of Buffalo for several reasons. And during that time the Miami Dolphins added insult to injury and beat us down every single time we met. So, Buffalonians started to and will always continue to associate all of that misery and frustration with the Miami Dolphins.
                              Last edited by Coach Sal; 10-09-2006, 09:34 AM.
                              Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                              And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

Working...
                              X