Our CB's our Very Overatted and Over Paid!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Our CB's our Very Overatted and Over Paid!!

I am sorry to everyone who loves Terrance McGee and Nate Clements but i have watched for 2 yrs now opposition passing at will against us, Terrance Mcgee gets burned with alarming consistency and Nate Clements is going thru the motions until he becomes a FA, these guys give up more 3rd down throws and 2nd and long, and 4th and short, basically whenever the other teams need a play they throw the ball at Terrance Mcgee,

Paul Hamilton on Wgr 55 was also stating he thinks McGee lost alot of quickness from last year to this year, and it is also effecting his KO ability, now i am not taking much away from him there the blocking to me seems to be the problem there, but it is time to look at our secondary problems

Hopefully we have solidified our our Safety position and i am no means giving up on the CB's but i dont think Terrance MCgee can be our number 1 next year when do nothing Nate leaves, FA might be the answer our hopefully Ashton Youboty, it sure as hell is not Jabari "preseason " Greer, or no hands kiwauke thomas
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: Our CB's our Very Overatted and Over Paid!!

They have no help from zero passrush.

Comment

• Kerr
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

You know even the best cb's have bad games, but it's the consistency of the bad games they have that says whether they've truly lost it.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Agreed but it also isn't helping that we get 0 pass rush....

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by billsfanone
          They have no help from zero passrush.
          Then that would mean our corners aren't any good if they have to depend on pass rush. The same goes for linemen. If they have to depend of coverage sacks, they probably aren't very good either.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
            Then that would mean our corners aren't any good if they have to depend on pass rush. The same goes for linemen. If they have to depend of coverage sacks, they probably aren't very good either.
            When the opposing QB gets pressure, they rush or make mistakes and don't have the time to pick apart the D.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

Guys i agree about the pass rush read my next thread it is as awful as there coverage, but it has become alarmingly consistent on had bad Terrance McGee is getting beat eveon on quick throws, same with Nate
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                Agreed but it also isn't helping that we get 0 pass rush....
                both our CB's got beat deep- you can't blame the pass rush for WR's being that wide open down the field.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Kerr
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by billsfanone
                  When the opposing QB gets pressure, they rush or make mistakes and don't have the time to pick apart the D.

True, but great corners blanket their man most of the times so if a qb decides to throw their way, the corner will get an easy pick.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Does any of our CB's have a pick yet, i know ANgelo Crowell plays a mean pass coverage but should a guy making 7 million for one year have at least a pass defended by now, and doesnt Terrance look like a guy who just signed a long term deal last year
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

They each got burned on some receptions, and when they played off and allowed the catch, they couldn't make a tackle. Neither one will have to worry about washing his jock. They're both lying on the field somewhere.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

I agree Jan, i hate to say it but i agree
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          both our CB's got beat deep- you can't blame the pass rush for WR's being that wide open down the field.
                          what are you talking about? When the O is running well against us, our cb try and support the DL.

The run an pass d go hand in hand.

When we were no.2 2 years ago, no one was running against us which made our pass D top in the league too. Last year and this year, teams are running against us which affects the passing D.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            what are you talking about? When the O is running well against us, our cb try and support the DL.

The run an pass d go hand in hand.

When we were no.2 2 years ago, no one was running against us which made our pass D top in the league too. Last year and this year, teams are running against us which affects the passing D.
                            um, I said the pass rush. I didn't say anything about the run D.

Once again, refusing to hold the individual players responsible for their performance. It's not the CB's fault that the CB's sucked- it's the DL's or the coaching for making them play run. Apparently it's not possible for our CB's to get beat- it's always someone else's fault.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              um, I said the pass rush. I didn't say anything about the run D.

Once again, refusing to hold the individual players responsible for their performance. It's not the CB's fault that the CB's sucked- it's the DL's or the coaching for making them play run. Apparently it's not possible for our CB's to get beat- it's always someone else's fault.
                              No, it's both things...our corners didn't cover well at all, but almost no cornerback can cover a decent wideout for very long without some type of pressure on the QB.

Cornerback is probably the toughest position outside of QB and OT to play, because they're at a disadvantage from the get-go.

Both the CBs and the DL sucked a fat one yesterday. Hell, the whole team did, 'cept for Evans.

Comment

Working...
                              X