PDA

View Full Version : Our CB's our Very Overatted and Over Paid!!

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 10:18 AM
I am sorry to everyone who loves Terrance McGee and Nate Clements but i have watched for 2 yrs now opposition passing at will against us, Terrance Mcgee gets burned with alarming consistency and Nate Clements is going thru the motions until he becomes a FA, these guys give up more 3rd down throws and 2nd and long, and 4th and short, basically whenever the other teams need a play they throw the ball at Terrance Mcgee,

Paul Hamilton on Wgr 55 was also stating he thinks McGee lost alot of quickness from last year to this year, and it is also effecting his KO ability, now i am not taking much away from him there the blocking to me seems to be the problem there, but it is time to look at our secondary problems

Hopefully we have solidified our our Safety position and i am no means giving up on the CB's but i dont think Terrance MCgee can be our number 1 next year when do nothing Nate leaves, FA might be the answer our hopefully Ashton Youboty, it sure as hell is not Jabari "preseason " Greer, or no hands kiwauke thomas

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2006, 10:21 AM
They have no help from zero passrush.

Kerr
10-09-2006, 10:22 AM
You know even the best cb's have bad games, but it's the consistency of the bad games they have that says whether they've truly lost it.

THATHURMANATOR
10-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Agreed but it also isn't helping that we get 0 pass rush....

Kerr
10-09-2006, 10:23 AM
They have no help from zero passrush.

Then that would mean our corners aren't any good if they have to depend on pass rush. The same goes for linemen. If they have to depend of coverage sacks, they probably aren't very good either.

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Then that would mean our corners aren't any good if they have to depend on pass rush. The same goes for linemen. If they have to depend of coverage sacks, they probably aren't very good either.
When the opposing QB gets pressure, they rush or make mistakes and don't have the time to pick apart the D.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Guys i agree about the pass rush read my next thread it is as awful as there coverage, but it has become alarmingly consistent on had bad Terrance McGee is getting beat eveon on quick throws, same with Nate

OpIv37
10-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Agreed but it also isn't helping that we get 0 pass rush....

both our CB's got beat deep- you can't blame the pass rush for WR's being that wide open down the field.

Kerr
10-09-2006, 10:31 AM
When the opposing QB gets pressure, they rush or make mistakes and don't have the time to pick apart the D.

True, but great corners blanket their man most of the times so if a qb decides to throw their way, the corner will get an easy pick.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Does any of our CB's have a pick yet, i know ANgelo Crowell plays a mean pass coverage but should a guy making 7 million for one year have at least a pass defended by now, and doesnt Terrance look like a guy who just signed a long term deal last year

Jan Reimers
10-09-2006, 11:29 AM
They each got burned on some receptions, and when they played off and allowed the catch, they couldn't make a tackle. Neither one will have to worry about washing his jock. They're both lying on the field somewhere.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 11:36 AM
I agree Jan, i hate to say it but i agree

justasportsfan
10-09-2006, 11:39 AM
both our CB's got beat deep- you can't blame the pass rush for WR's being that wide open down the field.
what are you talking about? When the O is running well against us, our cb try and support the DL.

The run an pass d go hand in hand.

When we were no.2 2 years ago, no one was running against us which made our pass D top in the league too. Last year and this year, teams are running against us which affects the passing D.

OpIv37
10-09-2006, 11:57 AM
what are you talking about? When the O is running well against us, our cb try and support the DL.

The run an pass d go hand in hand.

When we were no.2 2 years ago, no one was running against us which made our pass D top in the league too. Last year and this year, teams are running against us which affects the passing D.

um, I said the pass rush. I didn't say anything about the run D.

Once again, refusing to hold the individual players responsible for their performance. It's not the CB's fault that the CB's sucked- it's the DL's or the coaching for making them play run. Apparently it's not possible for our CB's to get beat- it's always someone else's fault.

Ron Burgundy
10-09-2006, 12:00 PM

Once again, refusing to hold the individual players responsible for their performance. It's not the CB's fault that the CB's sucked- it's the DL's or the coaching for making them play run. Apparently it's not possible for our CB's to get beat- it's always someone else's fault.

No, it's both things...our corners didn't cover well at all, but almost no cornerback can cover a decent wideout for very long without some type of pressure on the QB.

Cornerback is probably the toughest position outside of QB and OT to play, because they're at a disadvantage from the get-go.

Both the CBs and the DL sucked a fat one yesterday. Hell, the whole team did, 'cept for Evans.

justasportsfan
10-09-2006, 12:02 PM

do I have to spell it out for you all the time? Our DE's can't get a pass rush because they are trying to stop the run UP THE MIDDLE. Then it snowballs throughout the Pass D.

OpIv37
10-09-2006, 12:05 PM
do I have to spell it out for you all the time? Our DE's can't get a pass rush because they are trying to stop the run UP THE MIDDLE. Then it snowballs throughout the Pass D.

explain to me how that causes clements and mcgee to be two steps behind the WR they're supposed to be covering?

That's a legit point for having an overall bad D against the pass: no pressure. But it doesn't explain why McGee and Clements can't keep up with their man on basic fly patterns. You can make the argument that with a better pass rush, the ball never would have got to those receivers in the first place. But if the ball does get there, our corners are supposed to be in a position to make a play on it and they weren't.

OpIv37
10-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Both the CBs and the DL sucked a fat one yesterday. Hell, the whole team did, 'cept for Evans.

agreed- I'm certainly not one to defend our DL- they're awful. I just don't like seeing people make excuses for guys who aren't performing.

Ron Burgundy
10-09-2006, 12:21 PM
agreed- I'm certainly not one to defend our DL- they're awful. I just don't like seeing people make excuses for guys who aren't performing.

People will make excuses for anything.

The important thing to remember is that it doesn't matter what people think. The proof's in the pudding, every Sunday. And there's really no denying that all phases of the team, from coaching on down, need some serious work.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Ron Burg, i agree i am not a huge fan of anything going on at One Bills Drive, i think we made a grave mistake in hiring Skelator to be our coach, Mike Sherman was the guy i wanted all along, i wasnt a big fan of DJ's cuts, and now i am not a big fan of how he has been utilizing his roster AT ALL!

Ron Burgundy
10-09-2006, 12:46 PM
What really pisses me off is that while I think Dick is doing a better job than I thought he'd do (since I essentially thought he was going to completely **** the bed and we've actually won a couple of games), Jeff Fisher is poised to roll out of Tennessee. And he's going to be very, very successful again after a change of scenery.

Ron Burg, i agree i am not a huge fan of anything going on at One Bills Drive, i think we made a grave mistake in hiring Skelator to be our coach, Mike Sherman was the guy i wanted all along, i wasnt a big fan of DJ's cuts, and now i am not a big fan of how he has been utilizing his roster AT ALL!

justasportsfan
10-09-2006, 12:48 PM
explain to me how that causes clements and mcgee to be two steps behind the WR they're supposed to be covering?

That's a legit point for having an overall bad D against the pass: no pressure. But it doesn't explain why McGee and Clements can't keep up with their man on basic fly patterns. You can make the argument that with a better pass rush, the ball never would have got to those receivers in the first place. But if the ball does get there, our corners are supposed to be in a position to make a play on it and they weren't.
they are trying to support the run. When teams are running well it sets up the playaction. This keeps the cb's guessing whether it's a run or pass. If they hesitate thinking it's a run, they get left behind by their assignments.
This was very evident against both the fins and Vikes. FOr whatever reason, when they decided to abandon the run, they didn't have much success passing against us for huge gains because all Clements and McGee had to do was take care of their assignments. Against Chicago , Jets and Pats, they had to support the run and got burned for it.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Lets not forget it was Terrance who got burned by friggin Marcus Robinson and Minn would have tied or won the game given another timeout of stop in play, DJ almost got out coached again, like he did in NE, and against the Jets, everyone is forgeting it is not that acceptable for him to be out coached he is experienced not a first year head coach, he sucks

Kerr
10-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Lets not forget it was Terrance who got burned by friggin Marcus Robinson and Minn would have tied or won the game given another timeout of stop in play, DJ almost got out coached again, like he did in NE, and against the Jets, everyone is forgeting it is not that acceptable for him to be out coached he is experienced not a first year head coach, he sucks

I can't even believe fewell would put turtle on Robinson. What a serious height disadvantage.