PDA

View Full Version : Do he have a pass rush??

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 10:23 AM
What happened to the days of the miami game, Ryan Deneney, Chris Kelsay, Larry Tripplett, Tim ANderson, John Mccargo, Kyle Williams, Aaron Schobel, were are these guys, i dont expect a sack every play, how about some penetration, not a coverage sack, how about some push on 3rd and short, how about one of these guys making a play behind the line of scrimmage,

Now i have watched every game in great detail and i will tell u this whether u want to believe it or not, our DLINE is horrible, and has taken a step back rather than a step forward, We Need serious help here, Kelsay, Denney and Schobel are awful against the run, the are double and triple teaming Schobel all the time and out high evergy get to the ball DT's have done nothing to stop the run, and i dont think any of them have a solo sack, they might have fell on one of the sacks and got a half of one but that is about it

Anybody knkow who Larry Triplett is we signed him from Indy for his pass rushing ability just letting you in case you forgot!!

Kerr
10-09-2006, 10:25 AM
It's dissapeared the last two games. :ill:

OpIv37
10-09-2006, 10:27 AM
LIke I said before, in the Miami game most of the pressure was due to Culpepper's inability to find an open receiver. The pass rush took a long time to get there- we were just fortunate that Culpepper still had the ball when it did.

In every other game, the QB's were able to find somewhere to go with the ball quicker than Culpepper so it exposed the inadequacies in our pass rush.

The DL is terrible against both the run and the pass. Tim Anderson straight up sucks, McCargo has been a disappointment, Kyle Williams seems to be a pre-season phenom who has yet to perform in the regular season, Tripplett has been ok but nothing spectacular, Schobel has his moments and Denney/Kelsay continue their extremely inconsistent performances.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 10:27 AM
3 games

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Ahmen OPiv37, and what is worse is that people are actually sticking up for Larry because we signed him to a FA contract, He Sucks so far

OpIv37
10-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Ahmen OPiv37, and what is worse is that people are actually sticking up for Larry because we signed him to a FA contract, He Sucks so far

the scary part is that Tripplett's been our best DT so far. Seriously, I think he's servicable in a rotation but he's not good enough to be a team's main run-stuffer, which is how Buffalo is attempting to use him.

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2006, 10:39 AM
No. We don't have any pass rush whatsoever.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Larry wasnt a starter when we signed him and everyone got excited, u dont spend the money we did, then go and us two draft picks on DT's when u think one is gonna be taken up by FA, they didnt do it on the Oline, very weird, I am sorry i am not a fan at all of Larry Triplett or any other Dline on our team they are all replaceable

justasportsfan
10-09-2006, 11:32 AM
We do have a pass rush when our DE's aren't preoccupied with trying to stop the run.

Jan Reimers
10-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Based on what I've seen so far, I think that defensively we're going to need another DT, a pass rushing DE, and a stud LB - all who should help the pass rush - before we can seriously compete next year.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Jan i agree

TacklingDummy
10-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Schobel had a sack yesterday so don't look for him to do much in the Lions game.

Jan Reimers
10-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Schobel had a sack yesterday so don't look for him to do much in the Lions game.
You're always the chipper, sunny optimist, TD.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 02:10 PM
He is right though, i read an a report on Schobel off twobillsdrive.com, and they were saying that Schobel gets alot of his sacks in meaningless siuations or against teams were it doesnt really matter, again this year 5 into the season and i dont think any of his sacks were on a 3rd down or cause an INT or a fumble, could be wrong on that but it is not obvious