PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why we signed a TE??

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Granted Robert Royal and Steve Fairchild did a good job in selling the fact that Robert Royal is the next Keith McKellar for us, but i guess they just wanted to show us that we have a TE who can catch (In Practice), So the threat of Kevin Everett was a joke, Robert royal has i think 3 catches in 5 games, but u watch around the league to see TE on and average catching 6-7balls a game and 50-70yds and a TD, Well not in Buffalo we sign them to be unathletic un used un creative blocking TE's, thats right because our Oline is so bad he need a moron overthe hill FB, who false starts have the time, or misses his blocks the other because he is to slow to get out there, and Tes who stack the line everytime we run the ball letting everyone know when we r running the ball,

Dont ever match up a TE against a LB and see what happens lets continue with our high powered offense, and never throw it to them other temas have proven it doenst workj/j.

Hey Steve your not a RB coach anymore, help JP and get the ****ing TE's invovled Kevin Everett was suppossed to be a receiving tight end out of the U, what the hell happened ????????????????????????????????????

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2006, 10:36 AM
So true. They need to be in the gameplan more.

BillsFever21
10-09-2006, 10:38 AM
We paid 10 million dollars for a TE who's on pace to catch about 10 balls this year.

Kerr
I could not agree more. The lack of involvement from the TE's is holding this offense back.

Dr. Lecter
No we did not pay him 10 million.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 10:54 AM
He got starte money, not sure exactly, and i am not taking away from his play he was a blocking TE when we signed him, he was in the league for 4 years before he got here, they should have knew what they were getting when they signed him, I am not bashing Robert Royal, Iam bashing the fact that we gave him starter money and advertised all TC that we got TE;s that can be used in the passing game, but i hate to say it, how much different does our offense look from last year, with the exception of Willis's carries being up, not much really

THATHURMANATOR
10-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Royal was not signed to catch passes. He was hailed as a solid blocker, like another tackle from what I remember.

Ron Burgundy
10-09-2006, 12:07 PM
He is a solid blocker.

Everett's the guy who has to go. You can keep Royal out there and have him be your big blocker, but if you want a real receiving threat we're going to have to draft one or sign a FA. And it would definitely help the cause.

patmoran2006
10-09-2006, 12:30 PM
A good catching TE who could give JP a dependable check-out; when he looks for Evans (every pass play) would be a valuable asset to this team.

Everett has been a total waste of a roster space, and except for one nice catch a few weeks ago in the red zone, so has Royal.. In fact, Royal has HURT the team more than he helped it with two big drops and a block in the back penalty that really hurt us.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Right on the money again Pat, and i seem to remeber Marv and DJ's description of this guy is someone who was underutilized in Washington, and that we think he has a huge upside in the REC aspect of TE,u can always get good blocking TE's they are on ever roster, and usually get cut everyspring not sighned for starter money, Robert Royal has been a huge disa ppointment thus far, and to be honest i have not been at all impressed with his blocking, it is average at best, dont believe the hype all the time

Kerr
10-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Ok so royal was signed as an extra "lineman" and everett is supposed to be the receiving TE. Maybe they should start using more double TE sets so they can start utilizing them more. Levy isn't the coach anymore, but he should at least hint out to the coaching staff that utilizing TE's come in handy.

bigbub2352
10-09-2006, 02:06 PM
something is better than nothing