PDA

View Full Version : Being a Bills fan is like...

raphael120
10-09-2006, 06:22 PM
You "billieve" in something that is just complete bull*****.

Sorry, I'm just tired of wasting my time being hyped up for no reason. Color me stupid for doing this 7 straight seasons in a row. Thinking ANYTHING is going to change with the Bills is just dumb. Being a Bills fan is a joke, and I'm *****ing tired of it.

The_Philster
10-09-2006, 06:23 PM
don't let the door hit you.....

Mr. Cynical
10-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Ok, I may say a ton of negative things about the way the Bills are managed but to say being a Bills fan is a joke ain't right.

The_Philster
10-09-2006, 06:24 PM
God...you made me Thank a Mr Cynical post :ill:

raphael120
10-09-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm just saying, what the hell is there to be proud of in saying youre a Bills fan?

The_Philster
10-09-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm just saying, what the hell is there to be proud of in saying youre a Bills fan?
oh...the Comeback...51-3...Kelly to Reed...BRUCE...Talley and Biscuit...Thurmal...2 AFL Championships....4 straight AFC Championships...to name a few

The fact that a real diehard Bills fan knows all about resilience and keeping up the fight no matter what

kinigirly
10-09-2006, 06:28 PM
because everyone knows what its like to be the underdog, to be made fun of, to be disliked....its an understanding...a family. we are the most loyal, thick skinned, and as jp said "we don't care what everybody's saying about us" hard headed f**k you fans out there. you will find no tighter family

raphael120
10-09-2006, 06:29 PM
I don't know, Im just extremely salty right now and I just rememeber feeling this wayyy too many times in as long as I've been old enough to know anything about football, you know? I was a little kid when the Bills went to the Super Bowls, cried after each of them, showed up to school the day after they lost the Super Bowl to the Cowboys in all my Bills gear, after making a bet with the biggest ******* in school that the Bills would win, and having to feel like that year in and year out, its just tolling. Theres just never been any satisfaction in being a Bills fan as far back as I can remember. I hated the Steelers and we could never beat them, living in Pittsburgh didnt help either but...yeah, I'm just bringing back the point that it's just past the point of frustrating...its like im a glutton for let down.

don137
The Bills are showing signs of improvement overall. TD messed up this team bad especially with his choice of coaches. Marv and company have made great progress. Look at the Seahawks for cryin out loud. They went to the Super Bowl and were embarassed the previous week by the Bears. The Bears did not lose there best defender like Buffalo has with Spikes. Sure I wish they played better but no reason to jump in front of a bus.

THATHURMANATOR

Sorry, I'm just tired of wasting my time being hyped up for no reason. Color me stupid for doing this 7 straight seasons in a row. Thinking ANYTHING is going to change with the Bills is just dumb. Being a Bills fan is a joke, and I'm *****ing tired of it.
We won't miss you.

Nighthawk

It's tough nowadays, but the history is a good place to start. This team has provided a ton of good times and lots of good memories. I believe that so many of us would like to have those good times back that sometimes it clouds our judgement. Yes, we are struggling right now, but you can't give up or abandon your team. You can criticize it and let them know that you don't like what they are doing, but you can never give up on your team!

raphael120
10-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Urg, youre right, it's what Buffalo the city stands for, and moving away from Buffalo makes you appreciate it more, but DAMN is it hard! Hahaha...ok, my venting is done...

The_Philster
10-09-2006, 06:32 PM
It's tough nowadays, but the history is a good place to start. This team has provided a ton of good times and lots of good memories. I believe that so many of us would like to have those good times back that sometimes it clouds our judgement. Yes, we are struggling right now, but you can't give up or abandon your team. You can criticize it and let them know that you don't like what they are doing, but you can never give up on your team!
things are tough...but also looking up (if you regard yesterday as one of those games that just happens)...don't be a quitter, raphael

The_Philster
10-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Urg, youre right, it's what Buffalo the city stands for, and moving away from Buffalo makes you appreciate it more, but DAMN is it hard! Hahaha...ok, my venting is done...
:bf1:

raphael120
10-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I'd rather be a Bills fan than most fans in the league, we don't have a TO, we don't have ignorant fans like the Pats, we don't have people steppin on other peoples heads with kleats. The Bills are like the nice guys who deserve the girl, but never get them. Haha.

raphael120
10-09-2006, 06:35 PM
I JUST WANT THE DAMN GIRL!!!! hahahah

The_Philster
10-09-2006, 06:36 PM
I'd rather be a Bills fan than most fans in the league, we don't have a TO, we don't have ignorant fans like the Pats, we don't have people steppin on other peoples heads with kleats. The Bills are like the nice guys who deserve the girl, but never get them. Haha.
Hey..some get the girl...take a look at BAM's wedding pics in the Twilight Zone :laughter:

!Papacrunk!
10-09-2006, 06:36 PM
through thick and thin one has to always stick w/ their team
/repeat

raphael120
10-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah....least I'm not a Fins fan, right? Things could always be worse. ;)

Nighthawk
10-09-2006, 06:38 PM
through thick and thin one has to always stick w/ their team
/repeat

Papa, aren't you ready to come around and admit Saban is a goof ball? I see you still have his picture for your avatar?:wtf:

!Papacrunk!
10-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Papa, aren't you ready to come around and admit Saban is a goof ball? I see you still have his picture for your avatar?:wtf:

call me a homer, but I still believe in him. Why crucify the guy who is trying to salvage a team left from Wannspiel. When you have the stink of Wanny, there's just no such thing as an instantaneous fix. Patience is a virtue, and unlike a lot of Phin fans, I have a lot of it. Feel free to PM me in regards to any other replies, because I can see how this type of subject could quickly take over this thread.

Nighthawk
10-09-2006, 06:47 PM
call me a homer, but I still believe in him. Why crucify the guy who is trying to salvage a team left from Wannspiel. When you have the stink of Wanny, there's just no such thing as an instantaneous fix. Patience is a virtue, and unlike a lot of Phin fans, I have a lot of it. Feel free to PM me in regards to any other replies, because I can see how this type of subject could quickly take over this thread.

I hear ya...gotta believe in something or you have nothing.

M
10-09-2006, 07:09 PM

no, let it hit him HARD on the way out. c-ya!!!

Mitchy moo
10-09-2006, 08:04 PM
There are some of us that became Bills fans and some of us born Bills fans. It's fairly obvious what side you fall on, goodluck and good pouting.

ddaryl
10-09-2006, 08:12 PM

A young team, with a QB that is turing the corner, a potetnially great RB in Willis, a pair of rookie safeties that are looking good "as rookies". Lee Evans etc.....

there is lots of reasons to be optomisic, but if you really thought the Bills were a playoff team, then yes you just got your reality check.

In the mean time how about them Sabres !!!

ublinkwescore
10-09-2006, 08:20 PM

But my feet can make contact with his balls - if it's a dude...

ublinkwescore
10-09-2006, 08:21 PM
because everyone knows what its like to be the underdog, to be made fun of, to be disliked....its an understanding...a family. we are the most loyal, thick skinned, and as jp said "we don't care what everybody's saying about us" hard headed f**k you fans out there. you will find no tighter family

I love you.

The_Philster
10-09-2006, 08:22 PM
But my feet can make contact with his balls - if it's a dude...
dude...follow the thread...he was venting

ublinkwescore
10-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Sorry - ADD and no Ritalin...

spacecowboy
10-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Try being a Leafs fan, there nothing more frustrating than them. But I love'em, its my team, just like the Bills. The best part of both teams are the loyal fans, well most are loyal.

Dozerdog
10-09-2006, 08:38 PM
I JUST WANT THE DAMN GIRL!!!! hahahah

Listen- Chicks dig scars.

This team will leave plenty of scars on you.

kinigirly
10-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Listen- Chicks dig scars.

This team will leave plenty of scars on you.

they do?
wait i'm confused...are you talking about physical or emotional scars

Mitchy moo
10-09-2006, 08:49 PM
they do?

Both, you ladies love em.:respect:

Cntrygal
10-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Only 7 years? You're a young'un yet.

Nighthawk
10-09-2006, 09:08 PM
they do?

I think he's taking a saying from the movie "The Replacements". Should we call him Keanu? Doser, err, Keanu...:funny:

raphael120
10-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Just thought this post was relevant again...i still feel embarrassed to be a Bills fan this year, and its not just me, going to the bills bar in DC, you wonder if the bar is even open anymore, no one shows up.

Jimbuktu
10-16-2006, 03:18 PM

hahahahhaha great point.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 03:24 PM
I love the way Ice now "groans" any post that's not Pro-Bills and Pro-Losman.. When he was just suspended for being a complete whiny ***** to everybody and for his months-on-end whining rampage about our draft for taking Whitner and a "backup situational DT" ..blahblahblah

BillsNick
10-16-2006, 03:47 PM

Then get the **** out of here. Nobody wants ya :hand:

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Oh yah, dont forget we were the 1964 AFL Champions.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Be proud that you can stick with them in the tough times. You don't give up on a friend or relative when they're down, do you?

It's easy to root for the Yankees. It takes a special breed to love a team that often disappoints you.

That being said, they've really sucked the last several years, and it's trying my patience mightily. But I'm hangin' in there, as I have every year since 1960.