PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody actually ezpect to win this game?

Patrick76777
10-10-2006, 08:52 AM
The NE and NYJ losses hurt worse then this one.

The Bills should be 4-1.

Agree 1000%. Those are games we could have won. We had no shot in chicago. I don't care if we lost by 1 point or 100 points.

Teams are going to have a let down in games like that.

10-6 baby!

Det - Win 3-3
NE - Huge game, and I say we finally take these guys! - W 4-3
GB - Win 5-3
At Indy, we get killed again and Op jumps to his death. - L 5-4
At Hou - W 6-4

Jax and SD at home, Split. 7-5 (if they were both on the road, we lose both, but with both being at home, we can sneak one out.

At NY Jets - Time for a little get back. They're basically the same team as us, no reason why we can't beat them - W 8-5

Miami - Win 9-5

Tenn - Win 10-5

At Baltimore Loss 10-6.

Wild Card at NE - L season over.

BillsFever21
10-10-2006, 09:01 AM

The Bills should be 4-1.

A teams record is what it is. Almost every losing team in the NFL can look back to at least 4 close games throughout the season they felt they should've won.

The terrible Titans team should've beat the Colts and the Dolphins.

The 1-4 Packers lost close games they should've won against the Saints and Rams. They should be 3-2.

The 1-4 Bears lost games against the Saints and Ravens they could've won.

The 3-2 Vikings have games against the Bills and Bears they should've won had they made one more play. They have fans saying how they should be 5-0 instead of 3-2.

You can look at every single team in the NFL and they could say the same thing. The list goes on and on. You're only as good as your record. Good teams find ways to win games even when they're not playing good.

For the last 6 years teams like us have sat back at the end of the year and saw at least 4 games they should've won if not more. Every 6-10 team in the league looks at 4 games through the year and dreams about how they should be 10-6 and in the playoffs instead.

This is far from a 4-1 team just because we had some heartbreak losses. Almost every losing team in the elague right now could add 2 more wins to their record with games they should've won.

Good teams find ways to win games even when they're not playing good. Bad teams don't know how to win and blow some games they should've won. They also need to be playing perfect to pull of victories against most teams.

You could easily say the Bills should be 1-4 or 0-5 instead of 2-3. The Vikings played us close and if Marcus Robinson doesn't drop a wide open pass we lose. If Culpepper didn't turn the ball and get sacked so many times against us they would've had a chance to win that game.

You're only as good as your record is. Good teams find ways to win games and bad teams don't and also find ways to give them away when they have a chance to win.

Patrick76777
10-10-2006, 09:02 AM

The Bills should be 4-1.

Why did my post go to the top?

Anyway, I'm not sweating this one at all. It's in the past, and I'm ready to beat the Lions.

And I don't care who we've played, how good their O's have been, and how bad we looked.

10-6 baby.

OpIv37
10-10-2006, 09:07 AM
and he taps out before John Mcarthy could even say "let's get it on?"

I'm sorry, allow me to clarify for justa:

The Bills should still game plan and go out on the field and play their hearts out. But the chances of beating a Bellicheck team that has two weeks to prepare are so remote that we as fans should not expect a victory.

Is that clear enough for you?

BillsFever21
10-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Agree 1000%. Those are games we could have won. We had no shot in chicago. I don't care if we lost by 1 point or 100 points.

Teams are going to have a let down in games like that.

10-6 baby!

Det - Win 3-3
NE - Huge game, and I say we finally take these guys! - W 4-3
GB - Win 5-3
At Indy, we get killed again and Op jumps to his death. - L 5-4
At Hou - W 6-4

Jax and SD at home, Split. 7-5 (if they were both on the road, we lose both, but with both being at home, we can sneak one out.

At NY Jets - Time for a little get back. They're basically the same team as us, no reason why we can't beat them - W 8-5

Miami - Win 9-5

Tenn - Win 10-5

At Baltimore Loss 10-6.

Wild Card at NE - L season over.

The Bills aren't the Colts or Bears where you can just go down through the schedule and pencil in automatic wins. We're not good enough where we should beat most teams and can pencil them in as wins. This team has to play almost perfect every week to win most games.

The Jets already beat us at home. How are they such an easy win we're just gonna walk into their house and beat them?

For as bad as Miami is and how much everyone laughs at them we're only 1 game ahead of them. At home though we should win that one.

The Titans just took the Colts to the limit and final buzzer in Indi. There isn't any gurantee they will be a pushover.

Every year when we have a losing record we see predictions like this by people that is gonna lead us to 10 wins. Like we're so good we can just pencil in victories.

BillsFever21
10-10-2006, 09:11 AM

The Bills should still game plan and go out on the field and play their hearts out. But the chances of beating a Bellicheck team that has two weeks to prepare are so remote that we as fans should not expect a victory.

You are way off base. There is no way that somebody like Bill Belicheck with two weeks to prepare can outcoach Dick Jauron. This is an automatic win.

BillsFever21
10-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Not me! That's why I don't care that we lost.

and It's probably better that we got smoked! Now we'll be ready to go against the Lions.

2-3 with the 0-5 Lions next. A win puts us at 3-3

then we have a huge home game against NE. A win there and we're 4-3, a half game back of NE at 4-2.

Then we get a bye and a home game against GB and possibly 5-3 at the halfway point!

That's far into the future, but it's very possible.

I suggest we forget this game and move on.

Go Bills.

If, if, if.

If we win the rest of our games we can have homefield advantage through the playoffs and a 1st round bye. If we win them 2 games we can be in the SB.

It's easy to fantasize and predict our win/loss record weeks down the road. People do this every year with their theory on how we're gonna win 10 games and/or the division. You're one of them.

The fact is unless this team isn't very good and they need to play almost perfect to win games. They can't be flat and/or turn the ball over and still win.

If you find it fun that it's a free country and go right ahead. Hopefully one of these years you will be right.

justasportsfan
10-10-2006, 04:29 PM

a lot better. You're on your way to getting your Ms. Cleo graduation certificate :up:

justasportsfan
10-10-2006, 04:30 PM
haha ! Mods are playing arround w/ our posts

HHURRICANE
10-10-2006, 04:55 PM
What has our defense proved to be considered a good defense?

It is safe to say that our D sucks. Period.

We have no ability to pressure the QB and that will make for a long day no matter how good your secondary is. Our secondary is pretty good but with nothing upfront all you have to do is be patient and you will make your completions. PERIOD.

Patrick76777
10-10-2006, 08:24 PM

and It's probably better that we got smoked! Now we'll be ready to go against the Lions.

then we have a huge home game against NE. A win there and we're 4-3, a half game back of NE at 4-2.

Then we get a bye and a home game against GB and possibly 5-3 at the halfway point!

Go Bills.

OpIv37
10-10-2006, 08:27 PM
it's not that we lost, it's how we lost. We failed in every single phase of the game. It's one thing to lose to a good team on the road. It's another thing to get completely dominated in every aspect.

BTW, we're not beating NE after their bye. It just doesn't happen.

billsfairweatherfan
10-10-2006, 08:34 PM

Go Bills.I also did not belive we would win but PLEASE they stunked it up so bad cbs pull the game out .they we,,re out played out coach and classed in all areas..no excuse for that.:baghead:

Statman
10-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Did anyone expect us to allow the Bears to put up more points against us than the Pack and Detroit did?

How are the Packer and Lion Ds?

Is there any reason why we should have allowed the Bear RBs to run much better against us than they did vs. those two teams?

Are we missing something? Don't the Packers and Lions have bad defenses?

I don't think anyone expected us to put up many points, but come on, 40 points, all from the Bear offense? Isn't our D supposed to be better than that?

If we can't stop the Bears, how can we stop Jacksonville or Indianapolis or a bunch of other teams that we play?

Or maybe the Packers and Lions really do have great defenses.

From what I've read our defense is at least as good as Minnesota's but how come they allowed half the points that we did?

Patrick76777
10-10-2006, 08:37 PM
I also did not belive we would win but PLEASE they stunked it up so bad cbs pull the game out .they we,,re out played out coach and classed in all areas..no excuse for that.:baghead:

guys, it happens. We were playing the hottest team in the league away, it happens.

Be Cool.

justasportsfan
10-10-2006, 08:38 PM
BTW, we're not beating NE after their bye. It just doesn't happen.
and he taps out before John Mcarthy could even say "let's get it on?"

TacklingDummy
10-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Not me!

The Bills should be 4-1.

BillsFever21
10-10-2006, 08:47 PM
What has our defense proved to be considered a good defense?

We haven't played any great offenses yet.

Week 1- The Patriots in their first game with all new WR's. Junk ones at that. Many of them wasn't even there for a full training camp to get the system down yet. Doug Gabriel and Troy Brown are their best WR's.

Week 2- The Dolphins with Christopher Reeves as their QB. They have made every defense look good so far this year. They haven't scored 20 points yet. The Titans and Texans held them to 13 and 15 points. Do they have a good defense too?

Week 3- The Jets aren't what you call an offensive machine They are decent but far from very good and they put up 28 points against us. Our defense didn't stop them once and hold them to a FG.

Week 4- The Vikings' offense sucked. They went almost 3 games without an offensive TD.

Week 5- The Bears have their way and do whatever they felt like on offense. Run or pass it didn't matter. Even their backups scored 10 points on us in one quarter of football.

So I ask, what has this defense done to prove it's any good? They held crappy offenses to low points just like everyone else has this season and got smoked against any offense that can get out of their own way.