PDA

View Full Version : 0-5 Lions dont mean a win

Inetpub
10-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Just because the Detroit Lions are 0-5 That doesnt guarantee us a win. Teams will eventually find a way to win. What are the chances a team goes 0-6?

Looking at their schedule, it wasnt the easiest one in the league.

Week 1 Seattle (obvious reasons)
Week 2 Chicago (obvious reasons)
Week 3 Green Bay (Farve threw for 3 TDs that game)
Week 4 St. Louis (Bulger 3 TDs)
Week 5 Minnesota (well whatever game. toss up but they lost. We had a toss up but we won vs Minnesota)

Now looking at simple stats, Obviously we gotta air it out to win. Looking at the fact every game a td has been scored vs them through the air(except seattles game) we might want to look that way.

But Detroit has an offense.
Kitna has 5TDs and a 63% completion percentage
They have a total of 5 rushing tds also.
Buffalo has what for offense?

4 TDs thrown and a 61% completion percentage
a total of 3 rushing TDs.
thats a crappy average for tds per game by us.

So anyone who wants to check the win column already might want to check again. Detroit is a bad team with some good offense. If they fix thier turnovers and the fact they played afew good teams at the beginning, it will be close to see how good of a game this one might be. I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up 1-5 and us 2-4.

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2006, 02:24 PM
This is the trap game for us if there's such a thing for a 2-3 team that just got blown out.

I'd really hate to be the first win for the Lions. :(:(:(

TacklingDummy
10-10-2006, 02:27 PM
You forgot to mention the Lions are home.

The Bills better win this game. We need Touchdowns not FGs.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2006, 02:42 PM
I agree, not a lock by any means. The fact that we got beat into submission might be in our favor.

Forward_Lateral
10-10-2006, 02:51 PM
The Lions are a Jekyl and Hyde type team. Their offense looked unstoppable in St. Louis, but then they looked terrible at times as well.

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2006, 03:53 PM
The Lions are a Jekyl and Hyde type team. Their offense looked unstoppable in St. Louis, but then they looked terrible at times as well.
Sounds like the Jets.

Night Train
10-10-2006, 04:51 PM
We're a 2-3 rebuilding team. Remind me which games on our schedule are locks ? :rofl:

The Lions have multiple injuries and a patchwork OL. Blitz Kitna early and often. Jones already has 4 fumbles and is not trusted.

On offense, ball control and clock mgmt. Run Willis often to set up the deep play action trys. No reason to gamble and increase the likelihood of turnovers.

" We can't look ahead " . Teams that will be lucky to finish .500 don't look ahead. They desperately fight for a win each week. Let's put the silly cliches away.

Typ0
10-10-2006, 04:57 PM
I think this game is a toss up.

Ingtar33
10-10-2006, 08:01 PM
what scares me is the bills are one of the worst road teams i've ever seen, and have been over the last 5 years or so.

Devin
10-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Ill be thankful if we keep it close, as a bills fan by rule I dont believe any game is ever a lock.

At this point the Raiders would give us a run.

Typ0
10-10-2006, 08:04 PM
if the Lions weren't so banged up I'd be picking them by 10 at least.

Historian
10-10-2006, 08:09 PM
On paper, this looks like it should be an easy Bills win....unfortunately, it's on the road.

Ill bet the Vikes were looking at their schedule, thinking they would get back on track by beating us. Look how that turned out.

Still, I think the Bills earn a hard fought 20-17 win.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2006, 09:05 PM
How about this, the Bills better had win. How many winnable games are on our schedule? This team is 0-5. If I have to watch all week how they got their first win against us I will puke. NO BS EXCUSES!!!

Mr. Cynical
10-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Hope the Bills win but along the way Kitna and Williams light it up. They are starting on my FF team.

:couch:

YardRat
10-10-2006, 09:53 PM
I don't like playing o'fer teams, especially on the road. If we take these guys lightly we'll get beat.

Teams with character win games they're supposed to win. Teams with character bounce back from humiliating losses. This game will be a gauge for how much 'character' this Bills team has.

jamze132
10-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Well at least we know that the Bills won't be going into Detroit with a big head and too much confidence!

mybills
10-11-2006, 11:25 AM
I think this game is a toss up.
Ditto

BAM
10-11-2006, 11:26 AM
This should be a close one! I'm nervous.

:nervous:

Mr. Miyagi
10-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Hope the Bills win but along the way Kitna and Williams light it up. They are starting on my FF team.

:couch:
Roy Williams is injured. May not even play.

Gunzlingr
10-11-2006, 01:10 PM
This game concerns me. The lions are better than the 0-5 record indicates.

!Papacrunk!
10-11-2006, 06:23 PM
This game concerns me. The lions are better than the 0-5 record indicates.

I completely agree, I really like the new direction that Marinelli is taking them, and it seems like he is ever so slowly changing the culture and the mentality of the Lions organization. The Lions are getting to be like the Bengals were a couple of seasons ago--a consistantly losing franchise that you'd like to see improve, or at least one I'd like to see, lol. Good luck against them come Sunday, because they don't seem to be the same cowardly Lions. Oh, hopefully Willis will be able to scorch them for multi-TDs and help me out on my FF team.

Mr.Reality
10-11-2006, 07:13 PM
I'd really hate to be the first win for the Lions. :(:(:(
:snicker:

Inetpub
10-15-2006, 08:05 PM
I hate to rub it in (actually I dont) but didnt I tell you guys not to check one in for the win column? There are just too many unrealistic people on this forum to realize that the Lions are better than you think.

Historian
10-16-2006, 04:40 AM
On paper, this looks like it should be an easy Bills win....unfortunately, it's on the road.

Ill bet the Vikes were looking at their schedule, thinking they would get back on track by beating us. Look how that turned out.

Still, I think the Bills earn a hard fought 20-17 win.

I certainly had that one pegged, didn't I?

Well, almost.