PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss Goes Off on Howie Long

RedEyE
10-10-2006, 02:24 PM
:rofl:

Raiders | Moss lashes out at Long
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 05:41:43 -0700
Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/28/nfl">Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss (http://www.kffl.com/player/1134/nfl) was critical of comments made by former Raider Howie Long, who questioned Moss' passion for the game. "For him to take a shot at me and say that I don't have a passion for the game, I love the passion for the game. If I don't have that much passion, you tell his (butt) to come out here and put on some pads on and go at me," Moss said in an interview with Fox Sports Monday, Oct. 9. "For Howie Long to say something like that is kind of bad because he knows, as a former NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) player, what it takes to get up for a game every Sunday," Moss added. "You got to practice week in and week out. Back in them days, he was probably popping pills and tablets and all that to get them up and going."

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Howie Long may be older now, but I bet he could still kick Moss's skinny ass.

RedEyE
10-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Moss is so hateful right now.

OpIv37
10-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Long is right. If Moss had any passion for the game, he'd go across the middle, block downfield, block on running plays, etc. He doesn't do any of that.

Last year, one of the sports stations showed clips of Moss- when the play was going to him, he would explode off the LOS. When it was a run or the play was going somewhere else, he would almost walk off the LOS.

Forward_Lateral
10-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Long would snap Moss in half like a pencil. I'd love to see Howie put pads on and kill Moss. Heck, I bet Bradshaw could kill Moss.

ICE74129
10-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Long would snap Moss in half like a pencil. I'd love to see Howie put pads on and kill Moss. Heck, I bet Bradshaw could kill Moss.

I'd pay real money to see it.

bigbub2352
10-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Moss is so bad for the game what a cancer, and that is alot to say when u talk about the Raiders, MOss when is the last time u did anything in any game with any meaning, hmmmmm

G. Host
10-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Next PPV event Long vs Moss

SABURZFAN
10-10-2006, 03:04 PM
moss is just a loud mouth with no leadership qualities.howie has nothing to prove to him.he's damn near done it all.what has moss done besides run his mouth?

THATHURMANATOR
10-10-2006, 03:06 PM
I bet he wouldnt.... Long is out of the league for like 10 years. I bet he doesn't even weigh more that Moss at this point. Moss is in peak physical condition and younger..

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Moss is so bad for the game what a cancer, and that is alot to say when u talk about the Raiders, MOss when is the last time u did anything in any game with any meaning, hmmmmm
I bet he whines hard enough and gets traded to Miami next season.

What a great fit he would be.

Forward_Lateral
10-10-2006, 03:55 PM
I bet he wouldnt.... Long is out of the league for like 10 years. I bet he doesn't even weigh more that Moss at this point. Moss is in peak physical condition and younger..

I bet you are wrong. The only thing that Moss could do would be to out run Howie.

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2006, 04:05 PM
I bet you are wrong. The only thing that Moss could do would be to out run Howie.
Or he could run Long over with his SUV.

TacklingDummy
10-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Randy Moss and Lee Evans would make one great pair.

Price for Moss, get it done Marv.

I rather see the Bills pay Moss $6 Million a year instead of paying Price, Reed, Davis $2 million a piece.

The_Philster
10-10-2006, 04:46 PM

I rather see the Bills pay Moss $6 Million a year instead of paying Price, Reed, Davis $2 million a piece.
what is it with you liking scumbags? First TO, now Moss?

Billsrock4life
10-10-2006, 05:21 PM
howie long would break randy moss in 2

Typ0
10-10-2006, 05:34 PM
I agree with Moss. HL is a media blowhard. HL was a pill popper.

SABURZFAN
10-10-2006, 06:10 PM

we don't need that POS.

spacecowboy
10-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Don't be so hard on poor Randy. I'm sure he's just misunderstood. He probably had a bad childhood. Being young and rich must be difficult. Blaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

I guess if you can't get pub for actually being good at what you do, you can always be a jackass. The media like that better anyway. Maybe he should watch less TV and maybe practice or something. :dance:

SABURZFAN
10-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Or he could run Long over with his SUV.

right after he smokes some pot.

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Moss is a dumb ******.

Gunzlingr
10-10-2006, 06:45 PM
2 words: Roid Rage

DraftBoy
10-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Howie is a tool, anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt

The_Philster
10-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Howie is a tool, anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt
If he's bashing Randy the Mess, then he's right on

Mahdi
10-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I dont know why everyone is going off on Moss these days, he's done nothing wrong in Oakland. If you watch the Raiders play, the QBs have no time to throw and when they do its rarely accurate. Hence the 3 man rotation they have going there. They have no running game either because the line coached by two HOFers cant run block either. Any reciever with as much talent as Moss who knows he can beat his man on almost every play would be just as frustrated, especially when outsiders who dont talk with him question his passion for the game. I dont think its fair. Howie Long is just trying to kick up some dirt like any other media peronality.

DraftBoy
10-10-2006, 07:21 PM
If he's bashing Randy the Mess, then he's right on

Great example of whats wrong with football, and the media

TacklingDummy
10-10-2006, 07:24 PM
we don't need that POS.

If he produced in Buffalo the way he did in Minnesota im sure alot of his faults would be overlooked.

The_Philster
10-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Great example of whats wrong with football, and the media
it's not the media's fault Randy's a scumbag

The_Philster
10-10-2006, 07:25 PM
If he produced in Buffalo the way he did in Minnesota im sure alot of his faults would be overlooked.
ability without character will lose. Sorry...he's not welcome here....we don't need him running down people with his car here like he did in Minnesota

TacklingDummy
10-10-2006, 07:27 PM
ability without character will lose. Sorry...he's not welcome here....we don't need him running down people with his car here like he did in Minnesota

It's not his fault that police woman jumped on the hood of his car to get a autograph. :)

Character with no ability will also lose.

SABURZFAN
10-10-2006, 07:31 PM

look at the mess in oakland.if he was any kind of leader,he'd step up and be more vocal about things concerning the team rather than howie long.his attitude of "nobody cares,why should i?"is something we don't need in buffalo.

The_Philster
10-10-2006, 07:32 PM
It's not his fault that police woman jumped on the hood of his car to get a atuograph. :)
yeah..that's what happened :rolleyes:

Character with no ability will also lose.character and ability can coexist...Jerry Rice, Andre Reed, Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, etc
He's a scumbag and he'd get tossed over the Falls before he played a down. Anyway, as long as Marv is in charge, he'll never wear Bills colors :up:

Kerr
10-10-2006, 10:47 PM
moss would be too quick for firestorm.

Historian
10-12-2006, 07:16 AM
I think they're both *******s.

B-DON
10-12-2006, 10:51 AM
holy cow! some of you have a hard on for moss. when he was killin the league anyone on this planet would have wanted him, now your all lining up to bash him. try and play for a team as bad as the raiders and we will see how much you want to play with **** qb's throwing(or atleast tryin to) you the ball and an even worse o-line to go along with one of the top 3 ****tiest D's in the league. Then add in the fact that the rest of the team quits but only moss is being singled out because he spoke the truth, something no one else on the team had the balls to do. the bills could only dream of having a receiver with his talent

RedEyE
10-12-2006, 11:33 AM
holy cow! some of you have a hard on for moss. when he was killin the league anyone on this planet would have wanted him, now your all lining up to bash him. try and play for a team as bad as the raiders and we will see how much you want to play with **** qb's throwing(or atleast tryin to) you the ball and an even worse o-line to go along with one of the top 3 ****tiest D's in the league. Then add in the fact that the rest of the team quits but only moss is being singled out because he spoke the truth, something no one else on the team had the balls to do. the bills could only dream of having a receiver with his talent

Do a search for Moss in past threads. Not many people here have ever liked Moss, unless he was on their fantasy football team during his good years.

Is he a talent? Yes, I don't think anyone questions that here. But like TO, with his talent comes a few "bonuses" ( :roleyes: ) that an experienced fan would perceive as something that would hurt their team rather then help them. Obviously, Bills fans aren't the only ones that see it. Looks like legacy players see the same issues that everyone has commented on here.

Bills teams are very unlike the Dolphins and Raiders. Ralph has always prided himself on bringing in coaches that bring in palyers without uncontrolable attitudes and off field issues. There have been a few, but they rarely last long in a Bills uniform.

B-DON
10-12-2006, 11:40 AM
maybe thats why both the dolphins and the raiders have won super bowls and we have none. you have to take a chance every once in a while and stop being so damn conservative. is everyone on this board republican? geez

mybills
10-12-2006, 11:44 AM
is everyone on this board republican? geez
:wave:

RedEyE
10-12-2006, 11:46 AM
maybe thats why both the dolphins and the raiders have won super bowls and we have none. you have to take a chance every once in a while and stop being so damn conservative. is everyone on this board republican? geez

And when was the last time the Dolphins or Raiders stepped foot one near a Super Bowl?

There is a difference between conservation and maintaining ethic and moral values.

B-DON
10-12-2006, 11:54 AM
And when was the last time the Dolphins or Raiders stepped foot one near a Super Bowl?

There is a difference between conservation and maintaining ethic and moral values.
are you kidding me? the raiders were just in one even though they got killed. and when was the last time we were? over a decade ago. we cant even sniff the playoffs let alone the superbowl. Face it this team would be leaps and bounds better if we had moss at #1 and evans at #2. no question. how can you even argue that. And btw, the only reason the eagles stayed close in their last supr bowl was because of the cancer you call T.O

RedEyE
10-12-2006, 12:07 PM
are you kidding me? the raiders were just in one even though they got killed. and when was the last time we were? over a decade ago. we cant even sniff the playoffs let alone the superbowl. Face it this team would be leaps and bounds better if we had moss at #1 and evans at #2. no question. how can you even argue that. And btw, the only reason the eagles stayed close in their last supr bowl was because of the cancer you call T.O

That's right, the Gruden bowl. Nearly forgot about that one...too bad. Prior to that it had been so long since Miami and Oakland stepped near the AFC championship, it's easy to overlook. And they did so well the following year.

TO was injured most of the season the Eagles went to the Super Bowl then made a miraculous recovery for the big game. That was real helpful.

Next...

B-DON
10-12-2006, 12:19 PM
next? How about you provide me one good point on how moss has A. hurt the raiders or B. Hurt the vikings more then he ever helped them. He has always been outspoken but look at the vikings offense now. terrible to be nice.

and without T.O in the bowll the eagles would have gotten murdered

B-DON
10-12-2006, 12:36 PM
i think i got my point across we need a number two receiver bad no matter who he is as long as he has the talent to help us win. winning covers up all the problems

The_Philster
10-12-2006, 02:47 PM
i think i got my point across we need a number two receiver bad no matter who he is as long as he has the talent to help us win. winning covers up all the problems
tell that to the meter maid that Randy the Mess tried running over. Randy and TO are not welcome on Buffalo..cause I think a lot of us respect Marv...not to mention our community

RedEyE
10-12-2006, 06:12 PM

You made no valid point what so ever. You just ended up sounding like s kid from the Playstation 2 era. Step back into reality. You can't buy wins.... especially with players that will drag your team through the mud. Try again little Donny.

The_Philster
10-12-2006, 06:18 PM
You made no valid point what so ever. You just ended up sounding like s kid from the Playstation 2 era. Step back into reality. You can't buy wins.... especially with players that will drag your team through the mud. Try again little Donny.
A great man once said "talent without character will lose"
Talent can exist with character so it's not a case where you have to choose one or the other...we choose both in Buffalo

YardRat
10-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Moss's attitude overshadows his talent, regardless how good he is. He's a dick.

Long is the poster boy for why the HOF is nothing more than a watered down popularity contest...no way he belongs. He's an outspoken dick, also.

Long called out Moss on his attitude, Randy called out Howie on 'roids. Even though they're both morons, the sad thing is each obviously hit a nerve with the other because both are probably right.

bledslow
10-13-2006, 01:33 AM

Fine,let the bills have him,he cost a fortune,throwing a ton of cash at one player will water down your team in multilple other positions.Moss is a big pile of K_UNT SCUM.He already admitted in minn too taking plays off. he doesn't block and hardly goes over the middle, remember daunte chewing randy out for having ALLIGATOR ARMS??
Randy is a one trick pony,and that's the deep route,and he doesnt do that even great anymore,and that dates back to his last few years in minn.He is aging quickly it seems like. Howie Long told the truth

I kinda hope moss signs with buffalo,just so rodney harrison has more chances to break randys legS(Sorta like whats going to happen to lee evans in 9 days,hobbs wil shut him down again anyways).

Oaklandraider
10-13-2006, 03:33 AM
Moss reached out to him and called him, now him anfd howie are cool and moss WILL NOT BE TRADED!!!