PDA

View Full Version : Bills owner likes what he sees with new renenue-sharing program

The_Philster
10-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Bills owner Ralph Wilson is encouraged that the NFL is taking significant steps to help preserve its small-market franchises.

Wilson said Tuesday he was "comforted" after NFL commissioner Roger Goodell issued a memo that, for the first time, outlined a formula of how teams will pay into the new revenue-sharing program. Key for Wilson: The program would include a $100 million pool for this season and sticks closely to the model owners approved when they ratified the league's collective bargaining agreement in March. ...more (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9718847)

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2006, 06:41 PM
I thought the old man voted it down.

Forward_Lateral
10-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Jesus. Ralph needs to just keep quiet, honetly. He's making himself look very senile.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Jesus. Ralph needs to just keep quiet, honetly. He's making himself look very senile.

If he releases the same statement everyday, then he is senile.

The_Philster
10-10-2006, 07:08 PM
If trying to ensure the Bills' future in WNY=senility, then I'll take senility vs the alternative anyday

Forward_Lateral
10-10-2006, 07:21 PM
If trying to ensure the Bills' future in WNY=senility, then I'll take senility vs the alternative anyday

I'm suggesting that voting against the very same system he's now saying is great makes him look senile. I'm glad that the system is working, hopefully next time he'll choose his words more carefully.

SABURZFAN
10-10-2006, 07:28 PM
I thought the old man voted it down.

he only voted it down because he didn't understand the setup.the owners quickly put it together and voted on it before anybody had a chance to absorb the information.when you're in the position to overlook transactions resulting in millions of dollars,you don't make a decision until everything is clear.that's why he voted against it.

The_Philster
10-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm suggesting that voting against the very same system he's now saying is great makes him look senile. I'm glad that the system is working, hopefully next time he'll choose his words more carefully.
He voted against it before because the wording was detrimental to small-market franchises...especially those whose owners aren't long for this world. Since he did that, he got named to an important committee dealing with the revenue-sharing questions.

Nighthawk
10-10-2006, 08:08 PM
He voted against it before because the wording was detrimental to small-market franchises...especially those whose owners aren't long for this world. Since he did that, he got named to an important committee dealing with the revenue-sharing questions.

This article is basically stating that Wilson's concerns have been addressed. I like what I'm hearing.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2006, 08:42 PM
This article is basically stating that Wilson's concerns have been addressed. I like what I'm hearing.

I do as well, election years bring out the only good thing in politicians a desire to act like they give a S***.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-10-2006, 10:38 PM
You will see a new stadium being built on the outer harbor of the waterfront in years to come Shumer will see to this. This makes sense now that the NFTA has finally come to an agreement to sell the 130 acres of land to the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation it won't become final until Feb though. :dream: picture this a state of the art stadium just like the Arizona Cardinals just built with a revolving roof. :up:

The_Philster
10-11-2006, 04:18 AM
it'll be many years...the area can't afford a new stadium and there's already money being marked for improvements to the current stadium

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 07:12 AM
You will see a new stadium being built on the outer harbor of the waterfront in years to come Shumer will see to this. This makes sense now that the NFTA has finally come to an agreement to sell the 130 acres of land to the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation it won't become final until Feb though. :dream: picture this a state of the art stadium just like the Arizona Cardinals just built with a revolving roof. :up:

This will save downtown Buffalo when it comes to pass. Living downtown will become very sheik.

Nighthawk
10-15-2006, 01:23 PM
it'll be many years...the area can't afford a new stadium and there's already money being marked for improvements to the current stadium

If you believe this is Ok with a new owner, then kiss the Bills good bye. It's pretty simple when a new owner comes into play...build a new stadium or lose the team. If you don't believe this, then you're in for a big disappointment!