Okay, honest question. Who was JP throwing to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Okay, honest question. Who was JP throwing to?

I know who the JP Bashers are so if you plan to post negative BS don't bother.

I didn't get to see the game. This is an honest question. Are the picks that JP threw as bad as they looked on the highlights? Did some receivers fall etc.? I really want JP to be the man here for a long time. I was pretty sure he was going to have a bad game because our OL blows. But he looked like he was throwing right to the Bears. Any help here?
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Okay, honest question. Who was JP throwing to?

His misread the coverage, oops.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
      His misread the coverage, oops.
      Three of them? There was one throw where I never saw a Bill. Remember, I saw the highlights on ESPN and this was after they had already given the Bears their Super Bowl rings, but none of them looked good.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

All 3 of them were just really bad decisions. One was into triple coverage.

I'm not a JP basher at all but as far as I can tell all three of those INT's were on him.

I don't blame JP fully for the loss cuz no one else did their job either, but he certainly had a hand in it.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

The INT's were all horrible and two of them I seriously think Losman thought he was playing for Chicago, thats how bad they were..

I wont bash him for overall he's earned my respect to this point.. But he was dispicible against Chicago, and hopefully he'll bounce back against a weak Lions defense.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• spacecowboy
            • Sep 2006

I guess the Lions are as good a team as any to bounce back against.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

I appreciate the candor. I think JP had played well up until Chicago. One game doesn't make or break anybody. McGee who has been great, looked like Lawyer Milloy from what I saw. It was a team loss and I did not think for a minute it was all on JP.

One funny story. I'm on a tour boat that takes you around Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty with my family. I start getting the score updates on my phone. It was funny because it looked like one of those Vegas slot machines. Everytime I looked: 6-0, 13-0, 20-0, 27-0, 30-0. Unless JP was playing linebacker I figured our D was getting a spanking. Once I saw the scores I knew JP was going to be throwing picks. Playing from behind is a recipe for disaster for any QB.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                I appreciate the candor. I think JP had played well up until Chicago. One game doesn't make or break anybody. McGee who has been great, looked like Lawyer Milloy from what I saw. It was a team loss and I did not think for a minute it was all on JP.

One funny story. I'm on a tour boat that takes you around Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty with my family. I start getting the score updates on my phone. It was funny because it looked like one of those Vegas slot machines. Everytime I looked: 6-0, 13-0, 20-0, 27-0, 30-0. Unless JP was playing linebacker I figured our D was getting a spanking. Once I saw the scores I knew JP was going to be throwing picks. Playing from behind is a recipe for disaster for any QB.
                the worst part is that it was only 13-0 early in the 2nd when he threw the first one. The panic set in too early and I think part of it was the coaching- they gave up on the run too early and made JP feel like he had to force it. He's still the one who made the bad throws, not the coaches- but the coaches didn't make it any easier on him.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

JP made huge strides from 2005 season to the 2006 season already. He is going to experience games like the Bears game, but if he can show the improvement he has shown from 2005 to 2006 then whose to say that JP didn't just gain some much needed experience.

I expected these types of games, I'm more interested in his ability to bounce back, re-focus, and move on.

Comment

• xXSpIkes5IXx
                    • Mar 2006

If i can remember correctly 2 of his INT's were throws into double or triple coverage when he was pressured, the 3rd one was a horrible throw on a screen pass where he threw it 3 feet over Willis' head and right into the hands of Alex Brown.

But i definetely agree that all 3 of his INTs were on him, he did not react to pressure very well like he has in previous weeks. He got happy feet like the JP of last year

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

You were in NYC and you didn't stop by McFadden's?

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Live and learn.

JP's had games this year where he's thrown for 80 yards and won, 320 and lost, and been lit up by an opposing D. He only needs to throw for 300 and win to hit the cycle.

I wouldn't mind seeing it this week.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

I know who the JP Bashers are so if you plan to post negative BS don't bother.

Funny part is, most of the people complaining about Losman this week have been his "supporters".

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

The 1st one Phil Simms actually explained in great detail with slow-mo. It's 3rd down and long. Evans was open about 4 yards behind the 1st down marker - I mean WIDE open. But Losman motioned him upfield about 8 yards over the 1st down marker. The pass was picked off by an underneath linebacker. In Simms words, "when you are pressed to make something happen, mistakes are gonna happen. He had Evans wide open, but in this situation, he wanted to make the first down."

The 2nd one was on a slant to Parrish against tight coverage. Losman threw a bit behind Parrish and it was picked off. Like I said in another post, I think everything was a bit off for Losman that day, started from the early missed bomb to Evans in the first series.

When the 3rd one happened I honestly didn't know what Losman was looking at because only Bears players were there. Now I saw some replay, I think the play was designed as a screen to McGahee and Losman was trying to sell it to the Bears by looking the other directions the entire time untill he turned his head around and threw the ball in one motion without looking. Unfortunately the Bears was ahead by so much (and maybe they were so disiplined) that they were all sitting in their deep zone not fooled by Losman's look off. McGahee saw that and altered his route so he's not where he usually is as (I'm sure) in practice. Hance the apparent miscommunication.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                              The 1st one Phil Simms actually explained in great detail with slow-mo. It's 3rd down and long. Evans was open about 4 yards behind the 1st down marker - I mean WIDE open. But Losman motioned him upfield about 8 yards over the 1st down marker. The pass was picked off by an underneath linebacker. In Simms words, "when you are pressed to make something happen, mistakes are gonna happen. He had Evans wide open, but in this situation, he wanted to make the first down."

The 2nd one was on a slant to Parrish against tight coverage. Losman threw a bit behind Parrish and it was picked off. Like I said in another post, I think everything was a bit off for Losman that day, started from the early missed bomb to Evans in the first series.

When the 3rd one happened I honestly didn't know what Losman was looking at because only Bears players were there. Now I saw some replay, I think the play was designed as a screen to McGahee and Losman was trying to sell it to the Bears by looking the other directions the entire time untill he turned his head around and threw the ball in one motion without looking. Unfortunately the Bears was ahead by so much (and maybe they were so disiplined) that they were all sitting in their deep zone not fooled by Losman's look off. McGahee saw that and altered his route so he's not where he usually is as (I'm sure) in practice. Hance the apparent miscommunication.
                              Thanks for the analysis!!

Comment

Working...
                              X