PDA

View Full Version : So who was at the Comeback Game?

hammerbillsfan
10-10-2006, 10:00 PM
I want to hear your thoughts being in that stadium that day.
Did you think we were coming back? How loud was it?
Where were you sitting? Who were you with? How cold was it really?

:gobills:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7l9FVujrC8g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7l9FVujrC8g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

THATHURMANATOR
10-10-2006, 10:08 PM
It was the first game I ever went to. My buddy called me at like 9am with an extra ticket as his brother was sick and his dad couldn't find anyone to buy the ticket.

It was very loud of course.

It really wasnt too cold from what I can remember.

YardRat
10-10-2006, 10:09 PM
I can honestly say I'm not one of the 810,333 people who attended that game. I listened to it on the radio, at home, and never missed a play.

I actually thought we still had a chance, even after the INT was returned for a TD at the beginning of the second half.

It was damn loud in my house, because I was screaming my nuts off at the radio.

I wasn't really sitting...more like a praying position in the middle of the living room.

My family was there for the most part, until they got sick of the noise.

Nice and toasty, actually...If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere between 68 and 72 degrees the entire game.

I have a video of that game, and it has become a regular and useful tool in my attempts to ingrain in my children that it ain't over 'till the clock runs out, and never give up hope or give up trying to succeed.

THATHURMANATOR
10-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I was sitting right behind the goal post I am probably in that video somewhere.

I also remember that so many people had left but once they started getting close it seemed like there were more people in the stands then when the game started. I know we were pushed down at least 6 seats in our row.

THATHURMANATOR
10-10-2006, 10:11 PM
My buddies brother who I am great friends with now also still is SOO pissed he didn't go but his mom wouldn't let him.

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2006, 10:20 PM
My buddies brother who I am great friends with now also still is SOO pissed he didn't go but his mom wouldn't let him.
His mom is a *****.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-10-2006, 11:13 PM
I watched the game with awful reception from a syracuse station cause it was blacked out in the rochester market. It was hard to see, but still fun to watch.

eyedog
10-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I was one of those 800,000 + who claim they were there but actually was. I was sitting in sect. k-3, row-1, seat -1. Red seats, on railing. Great seats, which actually are no longer there. Box seats were built and the first eight rows were removed I believe. That was when the stadium went from 80k to the approx 72k today.
We were close to leaving but stayed. What can you say about that game that hasn't already been said. A once in a lifetime football experience. Something you will never forget.

billsburgh
10-10-2006, 11:57 PM
I was there with my dad and we stayed for the whole game. I cant remember anything about the temperature or how cold it was. I wasnt very confident at first, especially the way the 3rd quarter started, but once the Bills started scoring, you could sense that maybe something big was starting to happen. I'll neve forget the excitement in the stadium when Christie kicked the fg to win it.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 12:20 AM
I ended up at club kc on kensington who was showing the game illegally, rick keck owned it & the bar by hills in cheek. He seen me walk up & let me in, I played for the club kc hockey team. We went more then ape **** when we won, I had a few female partners that night. Good time, great times.

Billscusey
10-11-2006, 01:26 AM
It was the first game I ever went to. My buddy called me at like 9am with an extra ticket as his brother was sick and his dad couldn't find anyone to buy the ticket.

It was very loud of course.

It really wasnt too cold from what I can remember.

First game! Oh my God that is sweet! How could you NOT be a Bills fan for life after that! Thurm, you are one lucky b@stard!

CuseJetsFan83
10-11-2006, 01:37 AM
my dad had tickets for that game, to go with a buddy, but didn't... watched it on tv and was glad he didnt go....... the sheer chaos would have been enough to make him go insane

mybills
10-11-2006, 06:12 AM
I watched from home, and the only thing on the floor was my jaw! :chuckle:

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 06:40 AM
I watched from home, and the only thing on the floor was my jaw! :chuckle:

Where did you live at the time?

Historian
10-11-2006, 07:17 AM
I ended up at club kc on kensington who was showing the game illegally, rick keck owned it & the bar by hills in cheek. He seen me walk up & let me in, I played for the club kc hockey team. We went more then ape **** when we won, I had a few female partners that night. Good time, great times.

No kidding?

I was at Neighbor's on Cleveland drive watching an illegal telecast.

When we got there at noon, we could barely get into the door. By halftime, the bar was pretty much empty, so I turned to my buddy and said, screw the game, lets have a few beers.

So we took a seat at the bar, and ordered a few.

By the end of the 3rd quarter, the bar was backed again, and I had a front row seat.

It was surreal.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 07:21 AM
No kidding?

I was at Neighbor's on Cleveland drive watching an illegal telecast.

When we got there at noon, we could barely get into the door. By halftime, the bar was pretty much empty, so I turned to my buddy and said, screw the game, lets have a few beers.

So we took a seat at the bar, and ordered a few.

By the end of the 3rd quarter, the bar was backed again, and I had a front row seat.

It was surreal.

I got there after they started coming back in the 3rd quarter, I was not there to start for some odd reason. It's really ironic you did the same thing, sweet!

Patrick76777
10-11-2006, 07:28 AM
I got there after they started coming back in the 3rd quarter, I was not there to start for some odd reason. It's really ironic you did the same thing, sweet!

I was there, but I basically went to every game since 1988! I kept the ticket stub, but over time, the printing wore away. But it was a yellow ticket. I just remember having a ton of fun.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 07:34 AM
I was there, but I basically went to every game since 1988! I kept the ticket stub, but over time, the printing wore away. But it was a yellow ticket. I just remember having a ton of fun.

God bless frank reich for saving our day, what a dream.

Meathead
10-11-2006, 07:37 AM
i still have two stubs from that game

mybills
10-11-2006, 07:37 AM
Where did you live at the time?
RI, like always. :ill:

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 07:38 AM
Playoff Game ticket : $38

Beer: $3.00

Seeing the look on Warren moon's face right after the winning kick, priceless.

Jeff1220
10-11-2006, 09:23 AM
:wave: I was there. I was about 18 or 19 and sitting w/buddies by the tunnel. My Dad, who was sitting in another section went back out to the van at the half :lol: I remember punching the wall in the bathroom at the half and being all mad, only to go back out and watch the best half of football ever.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2006, 12:00 PM
First game! Oh my God that is sweet! How could you NOT be a Bills fan for life after that! Thurm, you are one lucky b@stard!
I was a Bills fan for life before that anyways! I was only like 14 or something.

OpIv37
10-11-2006, 12:18 PM
unfortunately I was not at that game.

When the game didn't sell out and wouldn't be on TV, I was begging my dad all week to go (I was about 12 at the time and lived in Rochester so I wasn't getting there on my own). He was seriously considering it, but ended up throwing his back out the day before so we didn't go.

I was listening to it on the radio- around halftime I turned it off and my mom dragged me to Wegmans. They made an announcement that the Bills were starting to come back (I have no idea why they did that- guess it was the atmosphere at the time).

So we went home and I listened to the rest of it on the radio. I couldn't wait for the news to see the highlights.

Gunzlingr
10-11-2006, 01:19 PM
I watched it on tv. One of the first Bills games I actually got to see.

OpIv37
10-11-2006, 01:31 PM
I watched it on tv. One of the first Bills games I actually got to see.

bastard.

The game was blacked out in Rochester and Buffalo so a lot of die hards were stuck listening to it on the radio.

I saw the highlights but never even saw the full game. I've seen most of it now that NFL has that special and I have the DVD (which is an extended version of the same special- it doesn't include every play though).

Meathead
10-11-2006, 04:20 PM
well at least the radio makes it a novel experience youll remember for a long time

of course so does being there :rockout:

Meathead
10-11-2006, 04:36 PM
im dying to lolpoint op but i just dont have the heart

The_Philster
10-11-2006, 04:57 PM
The dude formerly know as Helmet Guy won a pair of tickets to the Comeback on the Thurman Thomas show...they filmed it at the Chautauqua Mall the week before the game

Meathead
10-11-2006, 08:17 PM
eh screw it

:lolpoint: op

i held out for almost four hours thats good right

Meathead
10-11-2006, 08:18 PM
wow cool about hg have we ever seen a video of that cuz i seem to remember one might be thinking of somebody else tho

DynaPaul
10-11-2006, 11:49 PM
I was in the military down in Orlando, FL going to electronics school. Wish I could have been there!

bocephuz
10-12-2006, 09:57 AM
I was 14 and was outside playing hockey with my buddies and didn't start watching on TV until we wrapped up our game and saw that it was in OT when we went inside.

At that point in my life I was spoiled. The Bills being good and making the playoffs was commonplace to me. I took the Bills for granted and now am kicking myself in the ass. You can damn well bet that "IF" the Bills ever make the playoffs again I will drop everything and watch every second.