PDA

View Full Version : Balsillie PIT Potential Owner, Bashes Buffalo Logo

SkateZilla
10-11-2006, 03:06 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=buccigross_john&id=2618278

2. The Buffalo Sabres' new logo is Barney Rubble's hair. Actually, it's Barney Rubble with slight bed head. The Sabres' road whites look like Flintstone Adult Pajamas that you would buy at Wal-Mart. Maybe these things will get better with repetition, like Guster's latest CD, "Ganging Up On The Sun," but I'm thinking the uniforms might be more like an MC Hammer CD and get worse.

ddaryl
10-11-2006, 06:12 AM
I can't argue with him.

It is that bad

fushetti
10-11-2006, 07:40 AM
That quote was in Buccigross' column on ESPN.com

Earthquake Enyart
10-11-2006, 08:30 AM
It does kinda look like Barney Rubble's hair.

http://www.weirdspace.dk/HannaBarbera/Graphics/Barney%20Rubble.jpg

jamze132
10-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Man oh man, that was funny column. The logo is officially gay.

Earthquake Enyart
10-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Balsillie will move the Penguins. Pittsburgh is the 22nd-largest TV market in the United States and that number will likely move in the wrong direction in this century. Bigger market sizes (TV homes) that don't have NHL teams: Orlando (20th), Sacramento (19th), Cleveland (16th), Seattle (13th), Houston (10th) and Chicago (third). (For the record, Hartford is 28th. It's the largest TV market without a pro sports team and a larger market than Raleigh, N.C., Nashville, Tenn., Kansas City, Columbus, Ohio, and Buffalo, N.Y. A man can dream, can't he?)
:ill:

That is a good read. :up:

JD
10-11-2006, 09:26 AM
ahahaha OWNED.

The Sabres logo is officially the laughing stock of the NHL.

But then again this is coming from a guy whos looking to buy one of the worst teams in the league, thats the only bad thing he can say about Buffalo. :loser:

DIE SLUG!!

JD
10-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Chicago? LOL last I checked, they have a team. But can you really call it a team? :rofl:

Orlando? No thanks.
Houston? STFU
Cleveland? Too clost us.
Seattle? maybe
Sacramento? Ehh..enough teams in cali!

SabreEleven
10-11-2006, 09:58 AM
ahahaha OWNED.

The Sabres logo is officially the laughing stock of the NHL.

But then again this is coming from a guy whos looking to buy one of the worst teams in the league, thats the only bad thing he can say about Buffalo. :loser:

DIE SLUG!!

But the Penguins have great potential to be very good for a long time. He'll buy them cheap.

SabreEleven
10-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Nobody mentioned this one

4. I think Ryan Miller (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?statsId=2637) might be the best goalie in the Eastern Conference

or

5. As I watched the Flyers-Rangers game Saturday night, I wondered, "Are these two teams fast enough? They look slow." How can they play with Buffalo, Anaheim, San Jose, Minnesota or Edmonton? Maybe they had a bad night.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2006, 12:57 PM
it's hard to argue with anybody who dogs the new logo.it's pathetic. :down:

Michael82
10-11-2006, 01:40 PM
:lmao:

Hopefully more and more media people come out and bash our logo big time. Maybe the Sabres will be forced to change it out of embarassment. :up:

:pray:

Michael82
10-11-2006, 01:53 PM
BTW, he is exactly right when he describes the logo.... :ill:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/SabreGuy2121/barneylogo1.jpg

JD
10-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Melrose hates it too. Surprised we didnt change it just because he said it's ugly lol!

SkateZilla
10-11-2006, 02:21 PM
:ill:

That is a good read. :up:

Umm, I thought to Myself, isnt chicago housing one of the original Six Teams... lol.....

SkateZilla
10-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Melrose hates it too. Surprised we didnt change it just because he said it's ugly lol!

As Long as Melrose Hates Us we doo good, ... Evidence?, Last Year, we Were Winning up untill he picked us to beat Carolina.. Effiin Traitor :respect:

SkateZilla
10-11-2006, 04:25 PM
BTW, he is exactly right when he describes the logo.... :ill:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/SabreGuy2121/barneylogo1.jpg

lolololololololol

Nighthawk
10-11-2006, 07:03 PM
I don't know, but we're 3-0 with that logo...that's all I care about!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Don't you get it! Don't you get it! the SABRES don't care what people,press and other teams are saying about the logo they will do what ever they want to do. I give Kudos to Quinn and Golisano doing this the original logo is old and out of date. This logo is not changing accept it! Golisano has put money into the uniforms they are selling and they will as long as the team keeps winning people will buy them. What do you want to see more us winning a Stanley Cup or this logo being changed:question: A: the Stanley Cup I hope!

pyrrhonist
10-14-2006, 02:47 AM
At least Barney Rubble has hair. The guy buying the Pens is balding. But man, can the guy put together a complex sentence! I watched his press conference during the Pens' first game, and the guy was using unnecessary big words to speak to the media.