PDA

View Full Version : What is a SB worth to a city like Buffalo?

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 07:32 AM
I think a Superbowl win here would help generate backing for a new downtown stadium and forever free us from our 4 SB appearance defeats. We really need to put together a contending team to assure our place.

I think to the Minnesota twins and how they we're going to move and all of a sudden they became real good and all that talk went away. The fairweather fans came back out and supported the team, sunshine hit their eyes I guess.

We need to have a classy waterfront and supporting buildings with retail / office space. Remember this post when the SB passes through and we became the new "it" city.

ICE74129
10-11-2006, 07:40 AM
I think a Superbowl win here would help generate backing for a new downtown stadium and forever free us from our 4 SB appearance defeats. We really need to put together a contending team to assure our place.

I think to the Minnesota twins and how they we're going to move and all of a sudden they became real good and all that talk went away. The fairweather fans came back out and supported the team, sunshine hit their eyes I guess.

We need to have a classy waterfront and supporting buildings with retail / office space. Remember this post when the SB passes through and we became the new "it" city.

Ok hold up. Who says there will be a bills team here? Everyone forgets Ralph IS going to die sooner than later and or not be able to run this team. We MUST find a new owner before anything else can happen.

We need to get the Revenue sharing shored up then find a new owner. After all of that, THEN we can start talking new stadium, superbowl etc.

MikeInRoch
10-11-2006, 08:29 AM
I've heard it said that Buffalo simply doesn't have the infrastructure needed to support a Super Bowl, EVEN IF the NFL allowed one to take place in an outdoors, cold city. It'll never happen.

OpIv37
10-11-2006, 08:33 AM

buffalo will never be the new "it" city because of the weather.

Skooby, you live in Florida right? How do people react when you tell them you're from WNY?

People around here (DC area) despise the cold and snow and I frequently get the "why would ANYONE want to live in that climate?" response.

It's very difficult to get people from more moderate climates to move to places like Buffalo. Now, if the economic climate was better, people may suck it up short-term, but don't count on it and don't count on those people investing a lot into the city. They'll treat it like renters treat a property rather than like homeowners treat a property.

Mr. Miyagi
10-11-2006, 08:49 AM
I've heard it said that Buffalo simply doesn't have the infrastructure needed to support a Super Bowl, EVEN IF the NFL allowed one to take place in an outdoors, cold city. It'll never happen.
Two different subjects.

Skooby is talking about how winning the SuperBowl would help the city.

You're talkiing about hosting a SuperBowl.

jamze132
10-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Well when I retire from the Army, I am moving my family back to the Buffalo area. I don't give a crap what the economy is like. As long as the Bills are still there, I will go back. My wife hates the snow, but she doesn't have to come with me. We are talking about Bills football baby!!!