JP's career in Buffalo may come down to this game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

JP's career in Buffalo may come down to this game.

There will not be a more important game this season than this one for JP. The Lions have only 1 pick in 5 games and are one of the worst at defending the pass. They have been very solid against the run so it is unlikely McGahee will have an impact early.

We will need points from JP as Detroits offense is pretty decent through the air. Kitna is playing pretty well.

Let me be clear. This is a game that sets up to be a contest that will be won through the air much like the Vikings game.

JP is a third year player, coming off of a bad game. If he plays well this goes a long way in establishing the direction of this franchise. He cannot afford a bad game against a winless opponant. PERIOD. I have been pretty pleased with the organization putting JP in the starting position. Time for him to begin his legacy here.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: JP's career in Buffalo may come down to this game.

Go Bills.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I was very disappointed with JP against the Bears, and I agree that he needs to be better this Sunday. But I still feel he should start all of the remaining games, and be evaluated then.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• carybillsfan
        • Aug 2003

JP's career will not be determined by the Lions game. I'm sure he will play fine. Everyone is over reacting around here. He forced some throws in a game we had no right to be in, the Bears are a great team.

Comment

• Cntrygal
          Visually stunning but camera-shy.
          • Jul 2002

So, if our OLine is a revolving door, the WR's can't catch a cold, and our D doesn't show up.... it's the career breaker for Losman. ONLY in the eyes of fans - I highly doubt the management would agree.
          Originally posted by notacon
          The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            There will not be a more important game this season than this one for JP. The Lions have only 1 pick in 5 games and are one of the worst at defending the pass. They have been very solid against the run so it is unlikely McGahee will have an impact early.

We will need points from JP as Detroits offense is pretty decent through the air. Kitna is playing pretty well.

Let me be clear. This is a game that sets up to be a contest that will be won through the air much like the Vikings game.

JP is a third year player, coming off of a bad game. If he plays well this goes a long way in establishing the direction of this franchise. He cannot afford a bad game against a winless opponant. PERIOD. I have been pretty pleased with the organization putting JP in the starting position. Time for him to begin his legacy here.
            This is where I knew you were headed.

No one knows how long it will take for JP to develop. No one can force him to get it any faster than its going to take.

Now, I would offer that he has "gotten it" already in several games. He hasnt had a breakout game but has managed the game just fine in several.

Im pretty sure that Jauron and Co. really dont care that your marking this one down as "the" game. They will continue to form their own conclusions on how long to allow JP to develop. They will continue on their plan just fine even when many here abandon them.

I said from day one he gets the whole year. Thats my opinion and thats what I would like to see. The Bills dont care what I think though.

Now, if you want to get out of your own head for a second and take a guess at what the Bills think, I would offer that they have given every indication that they are sticking with Losman long term. We havent heard Jauron say anything other than we need to be forcefully patient with him. Jauron has been more positive about JP than negative.

If Jauron was a game or two away from pulling JP, he would have given more indications, I am convinced that he is willing to stand behind him for much longer to let him go through his natural up and down games. Its refreshing actually, I wish many here could be a bit more like Jauron.

No, I dont agree that this game is a make or break for JP. Thats too shotgun, too shortsighted, just to Mularkey for me.

That said, JP has plenty of reasons to succeed in this game. I think he bounces back just fine. He may not throw 3 TD's and over 300 yards like some here will expect him to, but those few people have unrealistic expectations anyways so it matters little.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Jan, JP should play the entire year and I don't think there is anybody better sitting on the bench.

Cary, as far as people overreacting, I agree that the Bears game wasn't a winnable game and isn't on JP. But your QB needs to show you something after performances like that. Jim Kelly had his bad games but came back the following week and showed you why he was the starter.

Cyntrgal, you can blame everything on everybody. A player stiil has to show signs of ability and competence. I think David Carr is rated at the top of every statistical category. He has a shiity OL and is on a team that has 1 win. JP can play well on a bad team.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Oh bull ****. Give it a ****ing rest already. Decisions will be made at seasons end. I guarantee you Ralph, Marv and DJ arn't looking at this game for JP the way you are.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
                  I said from day one he gets the whole year. Thats my opinion and thats what I would like to see. The Bills dont care what I think though.

If Jauron was a game or two away from pulling JP, he would have given more indications, I am convinced that he is willing to stand behind him for much longer to let him go through his natural up and down games. Its refreshing actually, I wish many here could be a bit more like Jauron.
                  People are so hyper-paranoid here that they don't read the posts. Who said anything about pulling JP? There is nobody, and I mean nobody, sitting on the bench that is going to do better.

My point, which you obviously didn't get, is that he needs to rebound. It's that time in his career where he needs to. I am looking for our franchise QB, not which QB will be playing in week 12. The team needs JP to be the franchise QB. This is a big test for him and one that I hope he passes!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

People are so hyper-paranoid here that they don't read the posts. Who said anything about pulling JP? There is nobody, and I mean nobody, sitting on the bench that is going to do better.

My point, which you obviously didn't get, is that he needs to rebound. It's that time in his career where he needs to. I am looking for our franchise QB, not which QB will be playing in week 12. The team needs JP to be the franchise QB. This is a big test for him and one that I hope he passes!!!
                    What you fail to get is it isn't HIM that needs to pass this test..its the TEAM that needs to pass it.

Comment

• Inetpub
                      i'm a tool
                      • Aug 2006

Im not a JP nuthugger but this is a stupid post. We have no one in line to take t he job from him. Hes not losing the job at the moment and is in no danger of losing it. Ive seen his good game and all his bad games but there are 2 situations we have to look at also.

1. NO QB in our Roster is physically capable as JP
                      2. NO QB in the league at the moment that has been cut to pick up. Mind you Im not sure if Ryan Leaf is still around or not.

So JP is in no way in trouble of losing his job. The Lions are a good team. You guys are underestimating them. 3 of there loses were by 1 td or less. Last week was the same till the last minute interception ran back for a td. Marking one in the win column is too early. Like I posted earlier, The Lions will be tough. Foxsports has them rated higher than the Bills. LOL. And they are 0-5!
                      That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Oh bull ****. Give it a ****ing rest already. Decisions will be made at seasons end. I guarantee you Ralph, Marv and DJ arn't looking at this game for JP the way you are.
                        No they may not be. But as a fan, who knows football, JP only has this year to prove himself. This is one of the many tests that he will need to pass to be a long term starter here.

1) Bringing a team from behind.

2) Protecting a lead.

3) Bouncing back after a poor perfromance.

These are what distinguish the franchise QB's.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Inetpub
                          So JP is in no way in trouble of losing his job. The Lions are a good team. You guys are underestimating them. 3 of there loses were by 1 td or less. Last week was the same till the last minute interception ran back for a td. Marking one in the win column is too early. Like I posted earlier, The Lions will be tough. Foxsports has them rated higher than the Bills. LOL. And they are 0-5!
                          WTF. Read the f..ing post. Nobody was suggesting pulling him.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

The Lions have had 5 films of the Bills to watch, some are not pretty. They've also had that many games to improve themselves. This game isn't a given, nor is it a make or break for JP.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

WTF. Read the f..ing post. Nobody was suggesting pulling him.
                              I think I understood it.

If JP can't look good against the crappy Lions then how could anyone consider him the Bills franchise QB of the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X