X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eyedog
    • Jul 2002

Playing GM today..

The NFL trade deadline is Oct. 14th I believe, thus I propose the following.
    Being in the rebuliding stages still, I would trade Clements and Spikes now.

Clements to the Giants. The Giants deperately need d-backs, he goes out of conference, and we all know he isn't going to be back in Buff. So let's get something for him now, preferably draft pick{s}.

Spikes goes to Carolina. I think TKO is starting to wear thin here. Carolina has a need with Morgan injured and he may be done for the year. Again he goes out of conference to a team that is a legit contender. Age/Injury is also a factor with TKO but a team that is close such as the Panthers may go for it. Draft picks again wanted.

Pick up the phone Marv.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Playing GM today..

Clements and Spikes to Oakland for Moss, Raiders 1st round pick, which could be the first pick overall, and Gallery.

Comment

• eyedog
      • Jul 2002

Want no part of Moss. Team wrecker and salary issues. also you would not get their #1.
      Better off with d-picks. Team is heading in the right direction and another good draft or two and they should be there.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

The question is, what is Spikes worth right now?
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
          Clements and Spikes to Oakland for Moss, Raiders 1st round pick, which could be the first pick overall, and Gallery.

Raiders cap cannot handle it AND why would they want Clements when he'll be a UFA

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

The Giants would be a team that would want clements. They want to win now and probably would be willing to at least discuss a clements trade and then worry about singing him long term after the season if they couldn't get it done now.

Comment

• clumping platelets

CB Nate Clements to NY Giants for DE Justin Tuck and Day 1 2007 pick

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Get rid of D players for O players? What happens then?We draft Spikes replacement all over again? Fletcher not getting any younger. We'll have to find his replacement soon. So are we gonna draft D again next year?

I haven't given up on Spikes just yet. We can trade Clements, but I'd keep Spikes.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• clumping platelets

I agree.....must keep TKO because Fletcher is UFA after 2006

Comment

• eyedog
                    • Jul 2002

I'm pretty sure they will be drafting at least one lb next year, probably two.
                    Iwould take any first day pick for clements right now.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
                      I'm pretty sure they will be drafting at least one lb next year, probably two.
                      Iwould take any first day pick for clements right now.
                      With the way Ellison is playing, we might see Ellison ,Spikes and Crowell in the lb position if we let Fletch go. I don't have a problem with that if Ellison continues to grow. There are more pressing needs than lb.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        With the way Ellison is playing, we might see Ellison ,Spikes and Crowell in the lb position if we let Fletch go. I don't have a problem with that if Ellison continues to grow. There are more pressing needs than lb.

That doesn't preclude the Bills adding a LB early next year......Patrick Willis from Ole Miss would be a SOLID replacement for Fletcher

Comment

• clumping platelets

I would like to see the Bills trade for an experienced OL/DL.........Raiders could have one or both.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                            I would like to see the Bills trade for an experienced OL/DL.........Raiders could have one or both.
                            this I agree with. Having a better OL would make things easier for our wr's/qb that we wouldn't even need to think about taking Moss.

A better DL would make things easier for our lb'ers and cb's.

This is why I wasn't all down and out about getting blown out by the bears. If anything they did us a favor by expossing our weaknesses.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by eyedog
                              The NFL trade deadline is Oct. 14th I believe, thus I propose the following.
                              Being in the rebuliding stages still, I would trade Clements and Spikes now.

Clements to the Giants. The Giants deperately need d-backs, he goes out of conference, and we all know he isn't going to be back in Buff. So let's get something for him now, preferably draft pick{s}.

Spikes goes to Carolina. I think TKO is starting to wear thin here. Carolina has a need with Morgan injured and he may be done for the year. Again he goes out of conference to a team that is a legit contender. Age/Injury is also a factor with TKO but a team that is close such as the Panthers may go for it. Draft picks again wanted.

Pick up the phone Marv.
                              I actually really like this post!!! This makes alot of sense. Get something for Clements now vs. nothing next year. But who fills in for Clements this year?

The one that I really like is Spikes. Dallas and Bills both built Dynasty's with the draft and young players.

Believe it or not I'd keep Fletcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X