X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Random thoughts...

You all know that often I like to just say what's on my mind. Helps me stay sane I guess haha. So here is another one of those posts... feel free to reply if the mood strikes you.

(in no particular order)

1. I am satisfied with where the team is right now. I am one of the few fans that realize that babysteps in the right direction is a good thing.

2. I am 90% happy with the offensive playcalling. But the 10% (meaning the pages left over from mularky) need to go.

3. I am fine taking a chance here and there, but please be more cautious of the potential for momentum shifts. When the score is tied, I'd prefer to not hand the momentum to the opposing team.

4. JP is just fine. I will give him the rest of the season then judge him. I am happy with what I've seen so far. If her were a rookie, the chicago game wouldn't have been any different. To me, until JP has started 16 games, he is still a rookie.

5. Bills fans need more to do with their time after a loss.

6. I was wrong about Levy's draft. He did a great job, and I can admit that I was wrong. Are they hall of famers yet? No, but they are as good as anyone else we would have gotten... and they have a much bigger upside.

7. If Buffalo doesnt go out and get at least 2 stellar/solid/proven OLmen this offseason, next year will look much like this year.

8. Regardless of our defensive scheme... I want a Fat run clogger in the middle of our defensive line. I do not value speed at DT.

9. While I dislike Clements, I don't think he is as bad as a lot of you think he is. McGee doesn't look that great either... and that tells me that it is more of a DLine pressure thing rather than an effort or skill thing.

10. So far, we are better than I expected, and it is good to see an energy back on the field that we haven't seen in years. I, for one, am happy with how things have turned out thus far.

That is all, feel free to post your opinion...
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Random thoughts...

I agree with you 100%, Pride. I think we may also need a pass rushing DE and a stud LB, in addition to the O linemen and DT you mention. And this assumes that Youboty can take over for the departing Clements.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• eyedog
      • Jul 2002

Good post.
      I also like the fat run clogger at d-tackle. What is happening with the run defense is what I was worried about before the season. Still early though and I'm willing to give this defense a chance.
      JP is here to stay. He will be the qb for the next couple of years at least. And if they can get him some real o-lineman he may actually surprise a lot of people.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I agree with most of your points, except:

8. Regardless of our defensive scheme... I want a Fat run clogger in the middle of our defensive line. I do not value speed at DT.

9. While I dislike Clements, I don't think he is as bad as a lot of you think he is. McGee doesn't look that great either... and that tells me that it is more of a DLine pressure thing rather than an effort or skill thing.
        I think these two points contradict each other in our defensive scheme. In order to get pass rush we need speed and sacrifice size. Getting a fat run clogger in there will only cut the speed rush. It's one or the other I think.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

#1. There are more than just a few fans that realize that babysteps in the right direction is a good thing.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride

when the beer runs out,what do we do?
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

If Clements only had one or two bad games, I'd agree with you. But he's going on a season and a half of bad games. McGee has been much better and much more consistent over that span.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

You all know that often I like to just say what's on my mind. Helps me stay sane I guess haha. So here is another one of those posts... feel free to reply if the mood strikes you.

(in no particular order)

1. I am satisfied with where the team is right now. I am one of the few fans that realize that babysteps in the right direction is a good thing.

2. I am 90% happy with the offensive playcalling. But the 10% (meaning the pages left over from mularky) need to go.

3. I am fine taking a chance here and there, but please be more cautious of the potential for momentum shifts. When the score is tied, I'd prefer to not hand the momentum to the opposing team.

4. JP is just fine. I will give him the rest of the season then judge him. I am happy with what I've seen so far. If her were a rookie, the chicago game wouldn't have been any different. To me, until JP has started 16 games, he is still a rookie.

6. I was wrong about Levy's draft. He did a great job, and I can admit that I was wrong. Are they hall of famers yet? No, but they are as good as anyone else we would have gotten... and they have a much bigger upside.

7. If Buffalo doesnt go out and get at least 2 stellar/solid/proven OLmen this offseason, next year will look much like this year.

10. So far, we are better than I expected, and it is good to see an energy back on the field that we haven't seen in years. I, for one, am happy with how things have turned out thus far.

That is all, feel free to post your opinion...
                awesome post... i agree 100% w/ everything u said
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

I think these two points contradict each other in our defensive scheme. In order to get pass rush we need speed and sacrifice size. Getting a fat run clogger in there will only cut the speed rush. It's one or the other I think.
                  i think he is referring to a fat run clogger as a situational player. you can still have a pass rushing DT and a run stuffer at the same time and rotate them as needed.. see indy last year.. tripplett and corey simon.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i think he is referring to a fat run clogger as a situational player. you can still have a pass rushing DT and a run stuffer at the same time and rotate them as needed.. see indy last year.. tripplett and corey simon.
                    also a fat run stuffer can collapse the pocket- even if he's not close enough to the QB himself he can reduce the room the QB has and force him to move in the pocket a little.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

I think Tripplet could be more effective with some fat ass beastly ***** jamming up the line.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Look at all the "JP Is a Rookie" pondits in this thead!

Folks, he has been in the league for three years. Hes had three years to learn. He most absolutely does not belong packed away in the same drawer as leinhart and young who are now starting. He may be a little green with starts but he is by no means a rookie.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

not true...a guy who can clog up the middle will free up other faster guys to rush the passer. Right now, we can not handle that part of the field. We need to handle that part of the field.

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Good post Pride! I agree with most of what you said here.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                              • Jan 2006

Great post, I also agree 100%!

If the fat, run stopping DT can also get after the QB, that would be the only extra icing on the cake for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X