PDA

View Full Version : OT: NY Yankees manager Joe Torre- The plane was reg. to Cory Lidle

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 03:57 PM
New York Yankees manager Joe Torre says the plane that crashed into a building in Manhattan is registered to team pitcher Cory Lidle.

http://tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=180467&hubname=

Carlton Bailey
10-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Cory was flying the plane; he has passed away, obviously.

As a diehard Yankee fan, I'm quite broken up over this.

R.I.P. Cory.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 04:10 PM

He would of been alive if the Yankees won that series, it may forever haunt them.

X-Era
10-11-2006, 04:23 PM
New York Yankees manager Joe Torre says the plane that crashed into a building in Manhattan is registered to team pitcher Cory Lidle.

Gives whole new meaning to the Bronx bombers.

Sorry had to do it.

Mudflap1
10-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Gives whole new meaning to the Bronx bombers.

Sorry had to do it.

Another classy post...

Jon

X-Era
10-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Another classy post...

Jon

I know its wrong, Im sorry, but hopefully its a bit funny.

I deal with crap different than most. Im sorry if I offended anyone, it wasnt my intention.

Mudflap1
10-11-2006, 05:06 PM
I know its wrong, Im sorry, but hopefully its a bit funny.

I deal with crap different than most. Im sorry if I offended anyone, it wasnt my intention.

It's not funny at all.

Jon

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 05:19 PM
It's pretty cold brother, nothing is funny about someone getting killed. He has family and stuff, you know?

X-Era
10-11-2006, 05:26 PM
It's pretty cold brother, nothing is funny about someone getting killed. He has family and stuff, you know?

Like I said, I dont deal with this stuff well. Id ask for a bit of understanding, Im more than willing to be understanding of why you all think it was wrong. Again, Im sorry.

Typ0
10-11-2006, 05:28 PM
he's a public figure....make sure you collect the hundred bucks if letterman picks up that joke tonight JP.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Like I said, I dont deal with this stuff well. Id ask for a bit of understanding, Im more than willing to be understanding of why you all think it was wrong. Again, Im sorry.

My dad died in a plane crash when I was 15. I deal with things the same way. You don't need to apologize.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2006, 05:32 PM

He would of been alive if the Yankees won that series, it may forever haunt them.

However, this is actually funnier.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 05:32 PM

See these people below, they will be without him. There is a 6 year old boy that can't throw the ball around with his dad, get hugged and kissed by him goodnight. Melanie now has no one to help her raise her kids, have more kids and is instantly single. These are people's lives, sad but true.

Biography:
Cory Fulton Lidle...Married Melanie Varela (1/7/97); one son, Christopher Taylor (9/18/00)...1990 graduate of South Hills High School (CA), where he was a teammate of Jason Giambi...Was All-State his senior year...His twin brother, Kevin, played minor league baseball, first as a catcher and then as a pitcher...Is a relative of Robert Fulton, inventor of the steamboat.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 05:41 PM
"The whole plane has a parachute [that can be deployed in the event of emergency] on it," Lidle said. "Ninety-nine percent of pilots that go up never have engine failure, and the 1 percent that do usually land it. But if you're up in the air and something goes wrong, you pull that parachute, and the whole plane goes down slowly."

Wow, why didn't he just use the parachute?

X-Era
10-11-2006, 05:43 PM
See these people below, they will be without him. There is a 6 year old boy that can't throw the ball around with his dad, get hugged and kissed by him goodnight. Melanie now has no one to help her raise her kids, have more kids and is instantly single. These are people's lives, sad but true.

Biography:
Cory Fulton Lidle...Married Melanie Varela (1/7/97); one son, Christopher Taylor (9/18/00)...1990 graduate of South Hills High School (CA), where he was a teammate of Jason Giambi...Was All-State his senior year...His twin brother, Kevin, played minor league baseball, first as a catcher and then as a pitcher...Is a relative of Robert Fulton, inventor of the steamboat.
Hey man, you told your point of view. I respect it. Lets not rub it in here.

I was in the United States Coast Guard and was part of a plane crash recovery at sea. I remember VIVIDLY that day, everything I saw, smelled. I have seen a different part of reality than many of you every will.

Many basically checked out of there minds that day and found ways to make jokes so as to not try to deal with something they cant deal with. Does it give you sick sense of humor? maybe that day. Its a life changing event.

Theres specifics from that day including children that still bother me.

Lets not try to "instruct" each other on such matters. Lets just assume that each of us has experienced things in our lives that have changed us. Lets assume that none f us knows eachs others stories well enough to assume that any of us act out with a cold heart.

I respect all of you, yes every single one of you. Im only asking for a bit of understanding. I dont need to be shown tragedy, Ive lived it like many of you have.

My hearts in the right place, it was meant to be an harmless shot at the Yankees, not a shot at a father/husband who just perished.

DraftBoy
10-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Understood Jp, no harm no foul

Skooby your post was just as bad so back it off

RIP Corey Lidle

His family is in my prayers, as in the NY Yankee Organization :pray:

shelby
10-11-2006, 06:14 PM
:(
:pray:

Mitchy moo
10-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey man, you told your point of view. I respect it. Lets not rub it in here.

I was in the United States Coast Guard and was part of a plane crash recovery at sea. I remember VIVIDLY that day, everything I saw, smelled. I have seen a different part of reality than many of you every will.

Many basically checked out of there minds that day and found ways to make jokes so as to not try to deal with something they cant deal with. Does it give you sick sense of humor? maybe that day. Its a life changing event.

Theres specifics from that day including children that still bother me.

Lets not try to "instruct" each other on such matters. Lets just assume that each of us has experienced things in our lives that have changed us. Lets assume that none f us knows eachs others stories well enough to assume that any of us act out with a cold heart.

I respect all of you, yes every single one of you. Im only asking for a bit of understanding. I dont need to be shown tragedy, Ive lived it like many of you have.

My hearts in the right place, it was meant to be an harmless shot at the Yankees, not a shot at a father/husband who just perished.

Thank you JP, I understand now.