• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Why complaining about JP is stupid

The truth is that complaining about JP is like being ticked off at your 3rd grade daughter for not knowing algebra.

The most difficult position on the field, at least the one requiring the most mental ability is the QB position. It takes years for players to know the systems and the game well enough to be able to react on instinct and make the right play. It is utterly insane to expect any young QB to play like a seasoned vet. Yet several here want to hold a young QB to seasoned vet standards.

The standard is now and always will be to have a QB that can win a Superbowl. However, we chose to draft one rather than sign or trade for one. That means that we need to simply understand where he is at in his training and that it will take time for him to develop.

Hes a 3rd grader at this point, good QB's know algebra, great ones like Peyton know Calculus. If you want to blast away at him for playing like a young QB, have at it. But your only frustrating yourself. The smart fans know better, and more importantly, the Bills are willing to be "forcefully patient".

• Inetpub
    i'm a tool
    • Aug 2006

Re: Why complaining about JP is stupid

yes. I agree JP has the brain capacity of a 3rd grader. No arguements there.

The most difficult position on the field, at least the one requiring the most mental ability is the QB position. It takes years for players to know the systems and the game well enough to be able to react on instinct and make the right play. It is utterly insane to expect any young QB to play like a seasoned vet. Yet several here want to hold a young QB to seasoned vet standards.
    True the QB is a difficult position but its not like we picked JP Losman the RB in the draft. The guys been playing QB all his life! Now hes just playing it at a higher level. As for your argument about the fact it is utterly insane to expect any young QB to play like a seasoned vet, you are right. But I dont expect JP Losman to make really really dumb errors in his third year.

But lets look at it coming from another standpoint. Every year that JP has been in the league whether playing or holding a clip, he should have learned more and more. This is his third year and he should be reaching his comfort zone soon. I dont see that. He still undecisive and lacks patience. Still trying to be king of all the nuthuggers and still trying to prove to others. Lets see him prove to himself that he can lead the team!

Now you can blame the coaches and everything but teams see new coaches all the time. For him to stand out, hes going to have to be able to learn and adapt quickly. Those are 2 VERY IMPORTANT SKILLS JP hasnt shown me yet.

A QB that has the arms and legs of greek gods but cant learn and cant adapt makes for a useless QB.
    That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

JP is fair game. He deserves any criticism he's getting after the bears game. That's jut it though, criticism. not hate.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Inetpub
        yes. I agree JP has the brain capacity of a 3rd grader. No arguements there.

True the QB is a difficult position but its not like we picked JP Losman the RB in the draft. The guys been playing QB all his life! Now hes just playing it at a higher level. As for your argument about the fact it is utterly insane to expect any young QB to play like a seasoned vet, you are right. But I dont expect JP Losman to make really really dumb errors in his third year.

But lets look at it coming from another standpoint. Every year that JP has been in the league whether playing or holding a clip, he should have learned more and more. This is his third year and he should be reaching his comfort zone soon. I dont see that. He still undecisive and lacks patience. Still trying to be king of all the nuthuggers and still trying to prove to others. Lets see him prove to himself that he can lead the team!

Now you can blame the coaches and everything but teams see new coaches all the time. For him to stand out, hes going to have to be able to learn and adapt quickly. Those are 2 VERY IMPORTANT SKILLS JP hasnt shown me yet.

A QB that has the arms and legs of greek gods but cant learn and cant adapt makes for a useless QB.
        Im sorry but I think your off base. Even the staunchest of JP criticizers would say that he looks much better than he did last year. That said, he isnt playing like a seasoned vet. But theres the oxymoron. Hes neither seasoned (meaning more than one entire season) or a vet. So why would he play like one?

Furthermore, Peyton Manning has made stupid plays plenty, just ask anyone who has watched his playoff appearance lowlights.

I still stand by my stance that many here are expecting too much, he isnt going to play like a good, solid, QB yet. He cant be counted on to carry the team yet. Note that I said yet. If we have no signs that he ever will after the seasons over, most will agree its time to move on.

Of course then the dilemma really begins. To we start over with yet another draftee and expect another 2 to 3 or more years of pain or do we pay out our balls to get a proven to rated QB.

I would argue the Bills should give up their future children and go ahead and get castrated.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

the saddest thing is when people say "JP Is a rookie we should expect that." Crap. He's a third year jouneyman and he should have known to not get sacked in the endzone when it can be avoided by the time he got to college. He didnt' know where the end zone even was. I would expect bad throws. Constant fumbles are a different story. Fumbling the ball has nothing to do with reading the defense. Vince Young proved last week he can play smarter than JP Losman even though his stats sucked. Leinhart played better than JP Losman. Both of those guys are rookies. JP should be almost three years ahead of those guys yet he gets a pass.

The real sad thing is looking at what's going on...after a full 16 games this year we're still not going to be sure what we have in him. He will be the QB next season and it's going to be yet another fact finding mission.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
            the saddest thing is when people say "JP Is a rookie we should expect that." Crap. He's a third year jouneyman and he should have known to not get sacked in the endzone when it can be avoided by the time he got to college. He didnt' know where the end zone even was. I would expect bad throws. Constant fumbles are a different story. Fumbling the ball has nothing to do with reading the defense. Vince Young proved last week he can play smarter than JP Losman even though his stats sucked. Leinhart played better than JP Losman. Both of those guys are rookies. JP should be almost three years ahead of those guys yet he gets a pass.

The real sad thing is looking at what's going on...after a full 16 games this year we're still not going to be sure what we have in him. He will be the QB next season and it's going to be yet another fact finding mission.
            he should be treated like a qb learning a new offense.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

There is nothing to complain about.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                There is nothing to complain about.
                AMEN!!!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  he should be treated like a qb learning a new offense.
                  and one that sat out his rookie year due to a broken ankle. And one that got jerked the hell around by a friggin moron posing as a head coach

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

I don't know about you guys but I'm giving him a pass all year. Next year I'll start the heavy criticism. It could be worse you know.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                      I don't know about you guys but I'm giving him a pass all year. Next year I'll start the heavy criticism. It could be worse you know.
                      Yes it really could.

Did anyone watch Alex Smith last year? Hell even some games this year.

Theres plenty of QB's that are more respected that our playing worse. Lets look at that:

Culpepper, Favre, Hasselbeck, McNair, Bledsoe, and Plummer ALL have a worse passers rating.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        and one that sat out his rookie year due to a broken ankle. And one that got jerked the hell around by a friggin moron posing as a head coach

he's still had the time in the league...he's been studying. He's been in the film room. His whole life has been dedicated to learning how to be an NFL QB for the past three years.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                          he's still had the time in the league...he's been studying. He's been in the film room. His whole life has been dedicated to learning how to be an NFL QB for the past three years.
                          Fine, so he is a 3rd grader. He DOESNT have the time that guys like Carson, Roth, even Eli have had. And as Im stating, theres plenty that have a much better track record that are playing worse if you put your stock in the passers rating.

Again, I feel your arguement may be about 3 months early. If after a full season we still see too many bad plays, this arguement instantly becomes valid.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                            Im sorry but I think your off base. Even the staunchest of JP criticizers would say that he looks much better than he did last year.
                            Going from diarrhea to a solid turd is still crap.

Comment

• jmb1099
                              • Sep 2004

Lets be real with this for once. He did sit his first year because of the broken leg. The second year he was mis-managed by MM. In his thrid year he has learned a new offense and has made some great plays as well as some bad ones. He has had time to study, that is true, but two different systems, different coaching, different everything. I hate the fumble thing, he needs to fix it. The saftey shouldn't have happened, but it happens. The bad d reads, everyone has some, but he needs to bounce back against the lions if for nothing else his own confidence. I still think he's going to be very good, but it appears he's still working through some rough spots.

Comment

Working...
                              X