PDA

View Full Version : Can Fletcher be Urlacher?

Mahdi
10-12-2006, 09:27 AM
I know they are not the same player but watching the Bears D last week I noticed that anytime Willis got passed the LOS he was hit and tackled by Urlacher who is amazing at engaging blockers and shedding them quickly, which is not Fletchers strength. It just seems to me that if we are modelling after the Bears, which seems like the right thing to do considering their success we might need to consider having Takeo play MLB next year and going with fast OLBs which are Crowell and Ellison. That LB crew would be almost identical to Urlacher Briggs and Hillenmayer.

OpIv37
10-12-2006, 09:28 AM
while Crowell and Ellison have been playing well, they have a long way to go before they are the equals of Briggs and Hillenmayer.

Coach Sal
10-12-2006, 09:34 AM
I actually think Crowell might be the MLB next year.

He's played it at several points this season already.

But to answer the question.....NO....London F-B can in no way "be" Urlacher.

Mahdi
10-12-2006, 09:40 AM
I dont think Crowell has played MLB yet, hes playing SLB now because Takeo is out, and started the season at WLB but only Fletch has played middle.

Mahdi
10-12-2006, 09:42 AM
while Crowell and Ellison have been playing well, they have a long way to go before they are the equals of Briggs and Hillenmayer.
I dont necessarily agree with that, Crowell has proven last year and this year that he is just about as good as Briggs. They are both in on a lot of tackles and both make plays in the passing game and pressuring the QB. Ellison still has a ways to go but Hillenmayer isnt going to be to hard to catch.

Briggs 2005: 107 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 INT

Crowell 2005: 119 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 INT

Night Train
10-12-2006, 09:52 AM
While I continue to worry like most about upgrading the OL, I'm thinking a big MLB is an obvious high pick in this next draft. Fletchers contract is done and he's on the wrong side of 30.

Fletchers heart and effort are 2nd to none but I noticed him getting pushed around with ease multiple times against the Bears. With the lighter DT's we have, that isn't good enough.

Coach Sal
10-12-2006, 09:53 AM
I dont think Crowell has played MLB yet, hes playing SLB now because Takeo is out, and started the season at WLB but only Fletch has played middle.

Yes he has. I record and review every single game.

He plays in spot situations.

He's done ok there, but not great. Remember the Ben Watson catch in the third quarter of the opener after our missed 4th down? It was a huge play that put the Pats inscoring position. Crowell was the MLB covering him down the middle. Just one example.

bigbub2352
10-12-2006, 10:13 AM
No way can Fletcher be Urlacher he gets blocked to easily and pushed out of the way, Fletcher does cover the pass well and has a real high motor but gets lost in the frey to much, doenst make enough plays behind the line of scrimmage, and is not a very good blitzer, Urlacher is all those things and more, he is a freak Crowell in my opinion could play the inside i believe that is were he played in college at Virginia