PDA

View Full Version : Will the dolphins make the playoffs this season?

Mitchy moo
10-12-2006, 12:36 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2>8) Will the Dolphins make the playoffs this season?

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">98.0%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>No
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">2.0%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Yes
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Total Votes: 31,070

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2495&incomming=1&question18684=76626&question18685=76628&question18686=76632&question18687=76635&question18688=76638&question18689=76643&question18690=76645&question18691=76647&question18692=76648

bluehaze
10-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Until it's mathematically impossible I refuse to say no :dance:

OpIv37
10-12-2006, 03:02 PM
they're 1-4 so the smart money's on no.

But in 2005 we were 1-4 and missed the playoffs by one game. So you never know.

I'm still voting no, though- that team has way too many flaws on offense to challenge. Plus, the Fins, Bills and Jets are ****ing handing the Pats the division yet again, so they'd have to compete with some much better teams for the wild card and I just don't see that happening.

patmoran2006
10-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS??

Playoffs?? We're just trying to win a game.. Playoffs...?

BillsNick
10-12-2006, 05:49 PM
They suck enormously

NO.

!Papacrunk!
10-12-2006, 05:53 PM
I would love for it to happen, but unfortunately, we have been stinking it up.

paladin warrior
10-12-2006, 06:51 PM
:lmao: ----NO :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Michael82
10-12-2006, 07:06 PM
:laughing:

Mitchy moo
10-12-2006, 07:17 PM
bluehaze (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=7549) thinks they are in, lol.

feelthepain
10-12-2006, 10:23 PM
They suck enormously

NO.

We may have one less win at this point, but we are better on both O and D then the Bills and we haven't been blown out by anybody, you have. Yet you think we suck enormously??? At least someones asking the question about the playoffs and the fins, no one gives a damn about the Bills, so that's why there isn't a poll.

Mitchy moo
10-12-2006, 10:31 PM
We may have one less win at this point, but we are better on both O and D then the Bills and we haven't been blown out by anybody, you have. Yet you think we suck enormously??? At least someones asking the question about the playoffs and the fins, no one gives a damn about the Bills, so that's why there isn't a poll.

You play chicago, do you think you have a chance? I think you guys will get about 7 minutes of even play, then the gap will widen drastically.

LtFinFan66
10-12-2006, 11:07 PM
CAN they :Yes
WILL they: Not looking real good currently but ya never know

Mr.Reality
10-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Will the dolphins make the playoffs this season?
:rofl:

I would have said no until I realized Joey Harrington was the starter. . .

hammerbillsfan
10-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS??

Playoffs?? We're just trying to win a game.. Playoffs...?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vGrewst9tnM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vGrewst9tnM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:roflmao:

Mitchy moo
10-12-2006, 11:16 PM
<OBJECT height=350 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vGrewst9tnM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT></P>
:roflmao:

Winning a game, lol.

feelthepain
10-13-2006, 07:27 AM
You play chicago, do you think you have a chance? I think you guys will get about 7 minutes of even play, then the gap will widen drastically.

You think because you lost by 33 to Chicago everyone will?? Why don't we wait and see whar happens.

RedEyE
10-13-2006, 07:30 AM

So much better that we beat the Dolphins decisively in their stadium.

Jan Reimers
10-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately, the only playoff caliber team in the AFCE appears to be the Patsies.

North_Coast
10-13-2006, 07:56 AM

:lmao:

Dream on, FTP. You haven't been blown out by anybody? I dunno. Losing to the Houston Texans might qualify ... :crack:

Tinboy
10-13-2006, 07:56 AM
That question is just stupid.

jmb1099
10-13-2006, 08:33 AM
If you were better than us you would have beaten us, especially at your home opener. Oh but I forgot, we didn't actually beat you, you handed us the game. Either way the fins suck hard core. Oh and who just recently beat you guys? But keep consoleing yourself that you haven't been blown out yet, that makes it all better. De De De

Mitchy moo
10-13-2006, 12:28 PM
LTfin thinks the fins are making the playoffs, how?

LtFinFan66
10-13-2006, 12:41 PM
review the poll question Skooby!! CAN they make the playoffs! Yes they CAN. Had the question been WILL they, my answer may have been different. There's your answer Skoob

Mitchy moo
10-13-2006, 12:46 PM
review the poll question Skooby!! CAN they make the playoffs! Yes they CAN. Had the question been WILL they, my answer may have been different. There's your answer Skoob

Will the dolphins make the playoffs this season?

tricky.

LtFinFan66
10-13-2006, 12:49 PM
yes....why the heck not :homer:

justasportsfan
10-13-2006, 12:52 PM
but we are better on both O and D then the Bills and we haven't been blown out by anybody, you have.
haha! And the stupidity continues.

RedEyE
10-13-2006, 12:55 PM
FTP, week 9, Miami at Chicago, 1pm. I can't wait for that game.

justasportsfan
10-13-2006, 12:58 PM
FTP, week 9, Miami at Chicago, 1pm. I can't wait for that game.

If the bears haven't been beaten by then, look for the fins to try and preserve their unbeaten season. How, I don't know. I hope Vilma rips off Joey's head of (not literally)so they're stuck with a Lemon at qb.

NJFINSFAN1
10-13-2006, 02:16 PM
I won't give up hope, but its not looking good. When you can't beat the Texans and just barley beat the titans? Not looking good.

But ya never know!!!

justasportsfan
10-13-2006, 02:31 PM
I won't give up hope, but its not looking good. When you can't beat the Texans and just barley beat the titans? Not looking good.

But ya never know!!!I agree. Joey might end up making the fins a decent team. At least he isn't afraid to sling it. Why would he? He's got nothing to lose.

bluehaze
10-13-2006, 07:49 PM
bluehaze (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=7549) thinks they are in, lol.

Damn straight! Obviously its highly unlikely but I refuse to give up on my team :dolfan:

SABURZFAN
10-13-2006, 08:07 PM
we are better on both O and D then the Bills

we're better on the score board.check out Week 2.

BrunnyJ
10-13-2006, 09:45 PM
You have to be kidding me!!!

bluehaze
10-13-2006, 10:43 PM

But ya never know!!!

Well see the thing is Daunte played so horribly I dont think we would have done better in those games even with Moss in there. OK maybe thats exxagerating a bit but my point is with Joey in there now they look like a whole new team they still lost to NE but they we're in it til the end and this was his first game with only 1 full days practice and a gameplan designed for Daunte to dump the ball off to avoid taking sacks.

I am really anxious to see what the kid can do with a full weeks practice and a gameplan prepared for him against the Jets. The rest of the season is pretty much an unknown in my mind until we see this.

feelthepain
10-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Well see the thing is Daunte played so horribly I dont think we would have done better in those games even with Moss in there. OK maybe thats exxagerating a bit but my point is with Joey in there now they look like a whole new team they still lost to NE but they we're in it til the end and this was his first game with only 1 full days practice and a gameplan designed for Daunte to dump the ball off to avoid taking sacks.

I am really anxious to see what the kid can do with a full weeks practice and a gameplan prepared for him against the Jets. The rest of the season is pretty much an unknown in my mind until we see this.

I think we will start to look much better, not beacuse Daunte is as bad as he's looked, but his knee just isn't back to 100%. I think Daunte just couldn't move well enough to elude many of his sacks. It's a fine line between a good O-line and a bad one. If one part of the O isn't pulling their share, be it the QB, WR's or RB's it can hurt the rest of the O. Our D is one of the top units in the league, a few tweaks to the O and we could be a much better team.

bluehaze
10-13-2006, 11:43 PM
I think we will start to look much better, not beacuse Daunte is as bad as he's looked, but his knee just isn't back to 100%. I think Daunte just couldn't move well enough to elude many of his sacks. It's a fine line between a good O-line and a bad one. If one part of the O isn't pulling their share, be it the QB, WR's or RB's it can hurt the rest of the O. Our D is one of the top units in the league, a few tweaks to the O and we could be a much better team.

I dont really think Daunte is a good fit for our system. The way he used to play was to roll out and buy time to make up for his poor defensive reads. Now in our system he is forced to be a pocket passer so instead of rolling out he stands there like a statue while trying to make the read and he just seems confused and afraid to throw the ball. I honestly don't think it has near as much to do with his knee as it does with his style of play and I think as long as Saban forces him to be a pocket passer he will never succeed in Miami.

I think that is why Joey even though a lesser QB in most peoples eyes looks a hell of alot better out there he's just a better fit for the system he makes quick reads and gets the ball out fast.

feelthepain
10-14-2006, 01:25 PM
I dont really think Daunte is a good fit for our system. The way he used to play was to roll out and buy time to make up for his poor defensive reads. Now in our system he is forced to be a pocket passer so instead of rolling out he stands there like a statue while trying to make the read and he just seems confused and afraid to throw the ball. I honestly don't think it has near as much to do with his knee as it does with his style of play and I think as long as Saban forces him to be a pocket passer he will never succeed in Miami.

I think that is why Joey even though a lesser QB in most peoples eyes looks a hell of alot better out there he's just a better fit for the system he makes quick reads and gets the ball out fast.

Well it's only been one game with Joey and his stats were very similar to Dauntes. I honestly think the O-line stepped up last week and played better then they did the first 4 weeks. I like seeing Joey get his chance, but I still believe Daunte will be a beast for this team. I think we have a lot of live game tape for Daunte to study while he's recovering and that will help in his ability to improve over his early mistakes. I honestly believe his knee is still a problem, not so much physically, but mentally. I want Joey to have a great stretch here so his value will increase, given the fact that he was a #3 overall if he plays well, we could have a serious chance to get some real value out of him in a trade.

Devin
10-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Daunte had a far better line in Minny and he had Moss in his prime. Daunte isnt a bad QB, but the Fins OL may get him killed.

And on behalf of all Bills fans, I am sorry for Skooby.

bluehaze
10-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Well it's only been one game with Joey and his stats were very similar to Dauntes. I honestly think the O-line stepped up last week and played better then they did the first 4 weeks. I like seeing Joey get his chance, but I still believe Daunte will be a beast for this team. I think we have a lot of live game tape for Daunte to study while he's recovering and that will help in his ability to improve over his early mistakes. I honestly believe his knee is still a problem, not so much physically, but mentally. I want Joey to have a great stretch here so his value will increase, given the fact that he was a #3 overall if he plays well, we could have a serious chance to get some real value out of him in a trade.

First, the O-Line didn't step it up, Joey just made good reads and quick decisive throws. The O-Line looks horrible with Daunte in there because Daunte drops back and waits for pigeons to land on his head before he throws the ball.

Second, If Joey has a great stretch here, why in the world would you trade him? Who's going to replace him? Daunte is a bust at this point and if Joey has a great stretch here the last thing we should be doing is trading him and putting faith in Daunte AGAIN thinking he's going to lead us to the SB.

Mitchy moo
10-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Daunte had a far better line in Minny and he had Moss in his prime. Daunte isnt a bad QB, but the Fins OL may get him killed.

And on behalf of all Bills fans, I am sorry for Skooby.

You don't have to apologize for me to anyone. I support the Bills only and could care less aboout any other NFL team at all. The only reason I might have the slighest interest in another team is I bet on them.

Miami is terrible this year, they have to deal with it.

Mitchy moo
10-14-2006, 02:35 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by feelthepain
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What color is the sky in your worlds? Teal?

bluehaze
10-14-2006, 03:39 PM
What color is the sky in your worlds? Teal?

Aint seen the teal yet but it does turn orange a couple times a day :D

Luisito23
10-14-2006, 05:33 PM
That question is just stupid.

:beers: :beers:...

GO BILLS!!!!!

Mitchy moo
10-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Aint seen the teal yet but it does turn orange a couple times a day :D

I live in SW FL , I know what your saying.

feelthepain
10-14-2006, 10:45 PM
First, the O-Line didn't step it up, Joey just made good reads and quick decisive throws. The O-Line looks horrible with Daunte in there because Daunte drops back and waits for pigeons to land on his head before he throws the ball.

Second, If Joey has a great stretch here, why in the world would you trade him? Who's going to replace him? Daunte is a bust at this point and if Joey has a great stretch here the last thing we should be doing is trading him and putting faith in Daunte AGAIN thinking he's going to lead us to the SB.

The Oline did play better, regardless if you accept it or not. Joey did release the ball quicker yes, but Joey isn't the future in Miami. You don't have to like Daunte, but to put Joey on his level is ridiculous. You call Daunte a non-fit after 4 games??? That's a bit early to judge what he will be in Miami. Saban seems sure Daunte is the future....not Joey.

Mitchy moo
10-14-2006, 11:01 PM
The Oline did play better, regardless if you accept it or not. Joey did release the ball quicker yes, but Joey isn't the future in Miami. You don't have to like Daunte, but to put Joey on his level is ridiculous. You call Daunte a non-fit after 4 games??? That's a bit early to judge what he will be in Miami. Saban seems sure Daunte is the future....not Joey.

The only real fit for Miami:

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/IGS/IGS467/IS646-024.jpg

It's where they are heading down.

SABURZFAN
10-15-2006, 02:58 AM

keep telling yourself that when you end up with a Top 5 pick in the 07 NFL Draft. :up:

bluehaze
10-15-2006, 06:32 AM

I just want whichever one gives us the best chance to win and right now that is Joey so he gets my support. If Daunte comes back and plays well he'll get my support as well but i'm not going to blindly praise the guy after the horrific start he's had here in Miami nor am I going to persecute Joey for his passed troubles in Detroit. They both deserve a shot. May the best man win!