PDA

View Full Version : As expected, Troy Vincent has been released

Kerr
10-12-2006, 02:30 PM
per nfl network...

Thanks TV. :clap:

BILLSROCK1212
10-12-2006, 02:31 PM
just gonna post it and also ppl on the BuffaloBills.com boards got PMs from the Bills informing us of this

OpIv37
10-12-2006, 02:36 PM
well there's our roster spot for McCargo's temporary replacement- expect a signing in the next day or two.

BILLSROCK1212
10-12-2006, 02:41 PM
well there's our roster spot for McCargo's temporary replacement- expect a signing in the next day or two.ive heard that one a couple times plus we already had an open roster spot i am pretty sure

The_Philster
10-12-2006, 02:43 PM
well there's our roster spot for McCargo's temporary replacement- expect a signing in the next day or two.
He was on IR.....not on the 53-man roster

don137
10-12-2006, 02:47 PM
I liked him as a leader and set a great example for the younger guys. Now the guys have to look up to players like Clements....Oh joy

The_Philster
10-12-2006, 02:48 PM
I liked him as a leader and set a great example for the younger guys. Now the guys have to look up to players like Clements....Oh joy
worst part is...I don't see him sitting in on team meetings and working with Whitner and Simpson anymore

YardRat
10-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Shoot. I'd really like to see him added to the coaching staff as a defensive assistant.

The_Philster
10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Shoot. I'd really like to see him added to the coaching staff as a defensive assistant.
who knows? Maybe if he decides to hang up his cleats.. :scratch:

OpIv37
10-12-2006, 02:54 PM
He was on IR.....not on the 53-man roster

DAMMIT.

We may just lose to Detroit if Tim Anderson ends up playing most of the game.

Marvelous
10-12-2006, 02:56 PM
I hated him as a FS. Bad angles, suspect tackling, just not the player i had hoped with the conversion...As a leader he's awesome.. But how the hell can i/we overlook him as the player 1st though? i refuse to...Cya Troy!

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I hope he sticks around the area for awhile. I won an auction to go out to dinner with him.

One of the classiest players ever to wear a Bills uniform.

NC-BILLS44
10-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Here's a piece of an article from this afternoon.

Vincent expects Bills to release him

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -Troy Vincent expects the Buffalo Bills to grant his wish to be released by the end of this week.

The veteran defensive back told The Associated Press on Thursday he made the request Wednesday and is waiting for the Bills to complete the paperwork. The 15-year NFL veteran said he's fully recovered from a left hamstring injury that led the team to place him on injured reserve four weeks ago.

Vincent is prepared to seek offers from another team once his release is complete.

``I'm ready to go,'' the 35-year-old Vincent said. ``To be fair, it was the right time for me. ... Now's the time for me to look at where I'm at. And I still want to play some football.''

Coach Dick Jauron said Thursday the team had not yet released Vincent, but he expected the move to be made soon.

Vincent has already cleared out his locker and his nameplate is no longer above his stall.

While Vincent said he enjoyed his two-plus seasons in Buffalo, he's not pleased with how the team handled him after he was hurt in the season-opening loss at New England. Citing their depleted depth at safety, the Bills placed Vincent on IR even though his injury was considered relatively minor.

Vincent, who has three years left on his contract beyond this season, believes the move was a way for the team to cut him by taking the unusual step of placing him on what's known as IR-minor.

While the designation means Vincent is guaranteed his $2.6 million salary this season, it also allows the team to release the player once he's healthy.

``That was a front-office decision and you live with it,'' Vincent said. ``When they put me on IR-minor, it's clear that's a decision they made that tells me they don't want you around. ... You don't want to be in a place where you're not wanted.''

Vincent was surprised by the move, particularly after he made the season-opening roster and after he initially hurt his hamstring in training camp.

NC-BILLS44
10-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Do you think Takeo is still ticked off about the handling of Vincent?

justasportsfan
10-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Vincent has already cleared out his locker and his nameplate is no longer above his stall.

I wouldn't be surprised if TKO is next or doesn't want his contract renewed once it's up.

Devin
10-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks Troy, good luck!

YardRat
10-12-2006, 03:10 PM
``That was a front-office decision and you live with it,'' Vincent said. ``When they put me on IR-minor, it's clear that's a decision they made that tells me they don't want you around. ... You don't want to be in a place where you're not wanted.''

Awww **** !!!

justasportsfan
10-12-2006, 03:13 PM
I think it's because he broke JP's leg + the new CBA whch is anti- Ralph :couch:

DynaPaul
10-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Man, I thought Troy was going to just retire after this. He's had a great NFL career. I really don't know why he wants to still play the game. At best he'll be a stop gap signing on some other team as he's not really starting material anymore. I guess he just wants to be a roster filling drifter now.

I wish him the best and hope he'd retire in a Bills uniform.

justasportsfan
10-12-2006, 03:37 PM
I think Miami is interested in him.

They desperately need a QB.

shelby
10-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Good luck Troy!

Michael82
10-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Hopefully he doesnt get picked up by any team and then Coach Jauron offers him a chance to come here as an assistant coach. :pray:

Meathead
10-12-2006, 04:32 PM
im sure some team will take him at fs either now or when they get thin there

but yeah i hope he considers coming here to coach. im sure the bills offered that to him already

BAM
10-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks for your time in Buffalo, Troy.

You were decent.

:beers:

HHURRICANE
10-12-2006, 05:10 PM
I have a different take.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I can add him to the list of the loser FA's that didn't do squat like Milloy, Adams, Posey, etc. He got a guaranteed 2.6 million, and can sign another contract in the same year!! And he's *****ing about the way it was handled? Dude your 35, STFU!!!

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2006, 05:19 PM
I have a different take.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I can add him to the list of the loser FA's that didn't do squat like Milloy, Adams, Posey, etc. He got a guaranteed 2.6 million, and can sign another contract in the same year!! And he's *****ing about the way it was handled? Dude your 35, STFU!!!

Gee, that was nice. People like you ***** when the players make it all about the money now one isn't and you are *****ing. The fact is Vincent wants to play and he has been one of the classiest players ever to wear a Bills uniform.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Gee, that was nice. People like you ***** when the players make it all about the money now one isn't and you are *****ing. The fact is Vincent wants to play and he has been one of the classiest players ever to wear a Bills uniform.

"While Vincent said he enjoyed his two-plus seasons in Buffalo, he's not pleased with how the team handled him after he was hurt in the season-opening loss at New England. Vincent, who has three years left on his contract beyond this season, believes the move was a way for the team to cut him by taking the unusual step of placing him on what's known as IR-minor."

Call it what it is. Not my quote. He was so classy that he *****ed about the way he was handled after the organization did an excellent job considering the circumstances.

!Papacrunk!
10-12-2006, 05:57 PM
I think Miami is interested in him.

They desperately need a QB.

lol, ouch.

On a serious note, I wouldn't mind a homecoming for Vincent to some extent. We could use some more leadership in the secondary, or at least provide some general experience to the secondary to some extent. Especially having a rookie safety and what not.

ICE74129
10-12-2006, 06:17 PM
``When they put me on IR-minor, it's clear that's a decision they made that tells me they don't want you around. ... You don't want to be in a place where you're not wanted.''

can we stop the assistant coach talk now? And maybe you can start to believe that TKO has had enough here as well

The_Philster
10-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Do you think Takeo is still ticked off about the handling of Vincent?
no...he was ticked at the time mostly out of emotion....it's not like he was given any time to process the info. Heck, weren't the reporters who interviewed him the ones who told him about Troy being placed on IR? :scratch: :idunno:

G. Host
10-12-2006, 06:25 PM
The Bills could have made Vincent go through waiver wire. They have been for than fair.

Marvelous
10-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Why are you guys thanking him? What did he do? Thanks for being a class-act??

/confused

HHURRICANE
10-12-2006, 07:37 PM
``When they put me on IR-minor, it's clear that's a decision they made that tells me they don't want you around. ... You don't want to be in a place where you're not wanted.''

can we stop the assistant coach talk now? And maybe you can start to believe that TKO has had enough here as well

Back on the same wave length.

Ickybaluky
10-12-2006, 07:48 PM
The Bills could have made Vincent go through waiver wire. They have been for than fair.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats show interest in signing him. They love vets, and FS Eugene Wilson is struggling with an injury. They are carrying 3 DBs just for ST, William Andrews, Antwain Spann and Chidi Iwuoma. They have an open roster spot right now, so they wouldn't even need to drop anyone.

Strike that -- I just read this morning that his agent is Tom Condon. The Pats and Condon don't get along well, so they are probably less likely to sign him.

Kerr
10-12-2006, 10:57 PM
While Troy left a lot to be desired the last year or two with his play, he's given his effort and a lending hand to the younger players here. Some veterans wouldn't even bother helping the younger players for fear of losing their job to them. TV is one of the good guys in the league. He's ok in my book.

ICE74129
10-13-2006, 09:45 AM
no...he was ticked at the time mostly out of emotion....it's not like he was given any time to process the info. Heck, weren't the reporters who interviewed him the ones who told him about Troy being placed on IR? :scratch: :idunno:

So you think he still isn't pissed? if so I have some property I want to sell you cheap....