PDA

View Full Version : 1. Buffalo Bills at Detroit Lions

G. Host
10-12-2006, 06:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2622472
The first part of Dick Jauron's memory tour didn't go so well Sunday in Chicago. The former Bears head coach was blown away 40-7. Jauron did such a good job as the interim coach of the Lions last season that he was rewarded with the Bills' head coaching job. Jauron has done a nice job of tightening up a defense loaded with rookies. Despite last week's loss to the Bears, J.P. Losman (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6781) offers hope at quarterback. As for the Lions, well, go Tigers. As long as the Tigers stay in the World Series race, Lions fans have an alternative. The defense started crumbling a couple of weeks ago. Now, injuries are mounting along the offensive line and at wide receiver. Jauron and the Bills couldn't be catching the Lions at a better time. Detroit fans may have to start reaching for their calendars to figure out when pitchers and catchers report in 2007.

Last week was a homecoming week for Levy and Jauron.
This week is a homecoming week for Wilson and Jauron and hopefully it will be better.

YardRat
10-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Teams with character win the games they're expected to win.

We'll see this Sunday.

Mr. Cynical
10-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Jauron did such a good job as the interim coach of the Lions last season that he was rewarded with the Bills' head coaching job.

:roflmao:

This is funny on so many levels I don't even know where to start...

ICE74129
10-13-2006, 07:33 AM
Anyone else notice that the press is actually noticing that JP is improving and could be our QB and a good one at that?

RedEyE
10-13-2006, 07:50 AM
I still hate Clayton.

Tinboy
10-13-2006, 07:53 AM
I find it hard to belive that the Lions actually could win these game.

madness
10-13-2006, 11:06 AM
:roflmao:

This is funny on so many levels I don't even know where to start...

Funny that another dumb-ass writer opens up his mouth without acknowledging the facts? Yes it is.

Kerr
10-13-2006, 11:12 AM

Same here. They are really banged up. There should be no reason why the bills shouldn't win this game simply because they've lost talent due to injury, whereas we're in better shape than they are from an injury perspective.

justasportsfan
10-13-2006, 11:24 AM
I thought that about the Jets game. The bills are not all that either.

Here's thething. You know Martz is gonna throw the ball no matter what. If we're not ready for that, they could get a lead on us like they did against the Vikes. I say, let them try to beat us with their running game since their OL is depleted. As bad as our run D is, I think they can handle their back up OL.

Now if Moolarkey was our coach, I'd be worried about playing their back ups.