PDA

View Full Version : "Jauron's homecoming could be just what the Lions need"

YardRat
10-13-2006, 06:26 AM
http://www.hometownlife.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061013/SPORTS/610130323/1062/NEWS18

There are layers of problems when a sports team has yet to win a game. One of those is schedule watching. When all else fails, find a bigger loser than you are. The theory is that you can't win against the obviously better teams, so find a team that seems to be worse.
Welcome to the party, Buffalo Bills.

What a knob. I don't think any team 0-5 should be pointing out others as a 'bigger loser'.
Damn, I hope we run the Lions ragged this Sunday.

Mr. Miyagi
10-13-2006, 06:43 AM
We gonna give them a taste of that 40-7 we got last week. :mad::mad:

RedEyE
10-13-2006, 07:11 AM
We gonna give them a taste of that 40-7 we got last week. :mad::mad:

Man, that would be nice if the Bills came out stomping mad and destroyed the Lions. Make a statement!

ICE74129
10-13-2006, 07:30 AM
http://www.hometownlife.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061013/SPORTS/610130323/1062/NEWS18

What a knob. I don't think any team 0-5 should be pointing out others as a 'bigger loser'.
Damn, I hope we run the Lions ragged this Sunday.

Waht an ass. I hope DJ has the sac to run up the score on these clowns if we have the chance

TigerJ
10-13-2006, 07:57 AM
The Bears beat the Bills worse than they beat the Lions. Therefore, the Lions are better than the Bills. There's only one flaw with that kind of reasoning. It has no basis in reality. Fans try to use it all the time, but matchups, injuries, mistakes, etc. mean you can never extrapolate game results to make game predictions like that. That's the first time I've ever seen a sports columnist try to legitimize that kind of reasoning. He did back off from it later, and didn't actually make a prediction, but he said enough to make me dislike him. How can you do that when you're 0-5?

justasportsfan
10-13-2006, 09:04 AM
I knew it. It took one loss for media to be fickle minded all over again. Screw media. I've never seen them so wrong about so many things before. Even with all the info they have, they're no better than mb posters.

FTP has a shot of becoming one.

madness
10-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Last Sunday, the Bills got drilled by the Bears in Chicago. They lost worse than the Lions lost at Soldier Field in Week 2 of this NFL season. Obvious conclusion is that the Lions can beat Buffalo this Sunday at Ford Field.

What an obvious dumbass. :loser:

BAM
10-13-2006, 11:29 AM
I am :nervous: about this game.

Michael82
10-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Wow! I hope the Bills are reading all of this respect that they arent getting...this is ****ing insane! This Bills team is much better than the ****ing Detroit Lions. And the Lions have tons of injuries! :ill:

:curse:

justasportsfan
10-13-2006, 12:48 PM
This Bills team is much better than the ****ing Detroit Lions. And the Lions have tons of injuries! :ill:

:curse:that remains to be seen.

Thurmal
10-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Me too. I've had a bad feeling about it all week. Probably just because I think Detroit is due for a win. If Losman's on, though, Buffalo can win big.

Nonetheless, the Bills a bigger loser than the Lions? The Lions are probably the worst franchise in the NFL. They've won, like, one playoff game in the last 60 years. And they're starting the season winless -- which doesn't surprise me given their history.

DynaPaul
10-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Man, these guys out in Detroit really are desperate for some kind of hope!

Mr. Cynical
10-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Nonetheless, the Bills a bigger loser than the Lions? The Lions are probably the worst franchise in the NFL. They've won, like, one playoff game in the last 60 years. And they're starting the season winless -- which doesn't surprise me given their history.

While historically I agree (mostly because of the Levy era), the Bills are not as far apart from the Lions as some people think. Granted the Lions definitely suck worse, but I'm not gonna throw stones in a glass house just yet.

Mr. Cynical
10-14-2006, 06:45 PM

Anyone have our W-L record @ the Lions?

The_Philster
10-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Anyone have our W-L record @ the Lions?
3-3-1