PDA

View Full Version : Bills worked out 5 unnamed DTs...

RedEyE
10-13-2006, 08:26 AM
<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>October 11, 2006

</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:53 PM
</SPAN>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>DT UPDATE: The Bills worked out five defensive tackles at One Bills Drive Wednesday afternoon following the team practice. The names of those players were not disclosed.
"We worked a bunch of people out," said head coach Dick Jauron. "We haven't made any decisions regarding (a roster move). We're exploring all of the different avenues. We'll probably wait a few days and see where everything goes."
Coach Jauron also gave an update on John McCargo who broke his foot in last week's game and had surgery Monday.
"John McCargo had surgery and our medical staff believes that everything went well," Jauron said. "So John will be out for a while."
Jauron said the team can function on Sunday with just three defensive tackles. In fact through the first few weeks of the season, McCargo was used sparingly in the rotation so they've played essentially with a three man rotation before.
Conceivably the Bills could just go with three defensive tackles for the next couple of weeks, barring an injury of course. If none of the men they worked out today wowed them they may be inclined to wait until the bye week.
That's when Lauvale Sape would be eligible to re-sign with Buffalo. He was put on injured reserve prior to the first week of the regular season, but reached an injury settlement with the club. Under NFL rules he cannot be signed back by the Bills until after Week 7 (Oct. 22).

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=514

YardRat
10-13-2006, 08:31 AM
We need linemen. Bull**** three DT's are enough. We need at least four to dress...I'd be more comfortable with five.

Sign two, cut Shaud Williams and either Davis or Aiken. I don't mind keeping one WR on the squad for special teams, but two is too many.

RedEyE
10-13-2006, 08:37 AM
We need linemen. Bull**** three DT's are enough. We need at least four to dress...I'd be more comfortable with five.

Sign two, cut Shaud Williams and either Davis or Aiken. I don't mind keeping one WR on the squad for special teams, but two is too many.

Looks as if Villreal might play this week, so the OL is less of an issue. I'm not exactly partial to Shaud, so letting him go doesn't phase me in the least. I think you have to keep Davis because of his special teams ability. He's recovered an onside kick this year and a blocked punt.

If you really want to make room on the roster, put Bowen on IR. He is doing nothing for us.

YardRat
10-13-2006, 08:47 AM
If Vincent were still here, I'd agree, but cutting Bowen would leave us with two rookies starting and only Coy Wire and Jim (Wire Double-Light) Leonhard backing them up. If Bowen doesn't start to come around from his injury, though, it really wouldn't make a hell of a lot of difference since he isn't dressing anyway.

jamze132
10-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Lets just get rid of Wire anyways.

OpIv37
10-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Lets just get rid of Wire anyways.

nah. we need Wire. In 5 games he made one special teams play and played S by running around confused on the field, looking like a player from one of those 1960's electric football games. How would we get by without that kind of talent?

HHURRICANE
10-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Looks as if Villreal might play this week, so the OL is less of an issue. I'm not exactly partial to Shaud, so letting him go doesn't phase me in the least. I think you have to keep Davis because of his special teams ability. He's recovered an onside kick this year and a blocked punt.

If you really want to make room on the roster, put Bowen on IR. He is doing nothing for us.

Red-eye nailed it. Bye-bye Shaud!! Injury or not Bowen is doing nothing!!

Ickybaluky
10-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Don't you guys have that Jefferson kid on the PS? Seems to me they could just activate him in a pinch.

justasportsfan
10-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Red-eye nailed it. Bye-bye Shaud!! Injury or not Bowen is doing nothing!!If anything happens to either Willis or A-Tain, what then? I am not a Shaud fan at all but I'd rather get rid of someone else. Remember we're barely 1/3 into the season. It's still early. We're supposed to be a balanced team which means , we need to run the ball.

Jan Reimers
10-13-2006, 09:42 AM
I think we need more than a warm body at DT. I see no need to panic and cut somebody just to sign a DT who won't really help, simply to have 4 DTs in uniform.

Denney, who is pretty good against the run, can play more in running situations, and we will be better off than putting some stiff on the field.

RedEyE
10-13-2006, 09:51 AM
If anything happens to either Willis or A-Tain, what then? I am not a Shaud fan at all but I'd rather get rid of someone else. Remember we're barely 1/3 into the season. It's still early. We're supposed to be a balanced team which means , we need to run the ball.

I agree about running the ball. I would really like to see Thomas more involved in the running game. I think he brings a different approach then McGahee and look what it did for us against New England. I know that McGahee is a feature back, but let's not just waste another weapon.

YardRat
10-13-2006, 10:30 AM
If anything happens to either Willis or A-Tain, what then? I am not a Shaud fan at all but I'd rather get rid of someone else. Remember we're barely 1/3 into the season. It's still early. We're supposed to be a balanced team which means , we need to run the ball.

Back-up running backs are a dime-a-dozen.

Devin
10-13-2006, 10:32 AM
I heard from a rich friend of mine in Buffalo that the Bills worked out John Henderson, Tommie Harris, Marcus Stroud, Jammal Williams and Shaun Rogers.

RedEyE
10-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I heard from a rich friend of mine in Buffalo that the Bills worked out John Henderson, Tommie Harris, Marcus Stroud, Jammal Williams and Shaun Rogers.

Sweet! :up:

Ickybaluky
10-13-2006, 11:17 AM

You might be able to swing a deal with Tennesee for Albert Haynesworth.

TigerJ
10-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Don't you guys have that Jefferson kid on the PS? Seems to me they could just activate him in a pinch.

Yeah, but he's pretty much a scrub. If there's someone out there who would be a little better and wouldn't cost too much it would be to Buffalo's advantage to find him.

Devin
10-13-2006, 11:49 AM
You might be able to swing a deal with Tennesee for Albert Haynesworth.

Hes far to passive to play on this team.

G. Host
10-13-2006, 07:55 PM
I think we need more than a warm body at DT. I see no need to panic and cut somebody just to sign a DT who won't really help, simply to have 4 DTs in uniform.

Denney, who is pretty good against the run, can play more in running situations, and we will be better off than putting some stiff on the field.

Finally someone who uses their head for more than to warm his ears!
It seems every time there is an injury the "I play a GM my fantasy, why not the Bills?" say they should cut their least favorite player.