X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

NE39 - Moss to NE?

New England -- Yes, the marriage of Bill Belichick and Moss seems improbable on the surface, but we once said that about Corey Dillon, didn't we? The Patriots need for a go-to receiver is obvious, and they have been willing to take risks in the past on players who might not seem to fit the Patriots model.

As one NFL club executive said: "You can't dismiss it, because at this point in his career, Moss is a veteran player who wants to win and wants to be successful. He already has his money. He wants to get a ring, and he knows he isn't going to win that in Oakland. Can he come into that situation in New England and fly right? The Patriots have shown with Dillon what they can do with a perceived malcontent. How much different was Dillon in Cincinnati than Randy in Oakland? Plus, a good receiver wants to know who his quarterback is, and who's getting him the ball? He's going to get the ball with Tom Brady as his quarterback, and he knows that.''
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: NE39 - Moss to NE?

Good. That guy is as good for team chemistry as a batch of flies at a picnic.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

If Moss went to NE we'd be even furthur in the hole. Brady to Moss...... Brady is 10X the QB Daunte was.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Devin
        If Moss went to NE we'd be even furthur in the hole. Brady to Moss...... Brady is 10X the QB Daunte was.
        that's true and it's a scary thought.

But Moss is the type of cancer that rots a team from the inside out. I'm so sick of NE winning and I'd LOVE to see that happen to them. Hell, I wish they'd trade for Moss, TO and Warren Sapp.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          that's what we thought about Dillon too. The Pats are doing fine but not sb material right now. Moss could be another weapon. If he turns out to be a cancer, they're just going to be back to what they are now.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
            NJ In The House
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            I'm not so sure about that, it could be a scary thing. The Pats have guys like Teddy B who would get right in his face. (I hate Teddy B, but you love them if they are on your team)

Time To Ski!

Comment

• BillsNick
              • Jul 2003

If Moss is happy with his situation, look out.

Moss/Brady combo would be deadly.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I'm just not a big fan of guys who take plays off and brag about it.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

I don't see the comparison between Moss and Dillon...Dillon was never a real problem....he just was very vocal about wanting out of Cincy because of that franchise's futility at the time....he's never run over anyone to my knowledge
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Moss is a jerk and he knows it. Brady would end up killing this guy in the long run and Moss would kill the team, so I like it.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Personally, I'd love if that happened. Granted, Moss is a headcase (as are a lot of WR), but on the Pats he would just have to play his position and not be a leader. I think he would add a lot more than he would take away, especially given that WR is one of their need positions. Even if he were to act up, they could always cut him without a cap penalty as his bonus money would be absorbed by Oakland in a trade.

That said, I think it highly unlikely Moss is traded anywhere, and even less likely it is to the Patriots.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

TO and Parcells hasn't exactly worked out. The way NE spreads the ball around, you know Moss would whine
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                          TO and Parcells hasn't exactly worked out. The way NE spreads the ball around, you know Moss would whine
                          I'm not so sure it would be the same case. Moss is a follower, he isn't a leader. When Cris Carter was in Minnesota Moss was not a problem, it was only after he left that the problems started. In NE, Moss would only have to do his job, not be the face of the franchise. I think it would work.

Any baggage Moss would bring would be far outweighed by his talent, IMO.

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Moss to NE would be brutal. The patriots have all their linemen on both sides of the ball signed long term, a franchise QB not 1 but 2 stellar RB's. Signing Moss and pairing him with a young Jackson would just ensure another few years of futility for everyone else.
                            Last edited by Devin; 10-13-2006, 05:16 PM.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Ne is on their decline. Moss would just help blow it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X