PDA

View Full Version : Lions fans are expecting a win this week

Forward_Lateral
10-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I have the pleasure of listening to Detroit Sports talk radio in my area, and they are fully expecting Detroit to beat Buffalo this week. I hope the players are just as confident, and I hope Buffalo goes into Detroit looking for respect.

TigerJ
10-13-2006, 06:17 PM
It does not really surprise me. Detroit is 0-5. They will be grasping at just about anything for hope. Buffalo is 2-3 and hasn't really been super impressive in any game so far. Detroit can't really expect a win against an undefeated team, but an unimpressive 2-3 team, why not? Naturally, I think they are setting themselves up for a fall, but who really knows.

Jan Reimers
10-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah, and I'm expecting to win the lottery this week. But I'm not getting my hopes up too high, and neither should they.

In fact, it's about time we beat the livin' crap out of somebody.

TigerJ
10-13-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm all for that, Jan.

Mahdi
10-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Yeah, and I'm expecting to win the lottery this week. But I'm not getting my hopes up too high, and neither should they.

In fact, it's about time we beat the livin' crap out of somebody.
Ya really,,,, its been a while since we've smacked someone, I remember beating down Cleveland and Seattle in 2004, those were fun games to watch.

YardRat
10-13-2006, 07:10 PM
We beat up on Cinci pretty good last year.

DynaPaul
10-13-2006, 07:18 PM
What the hell is wrong with these people? Jeez, you know, it's not like we're the Texans or Raiders. We could have had a better record had a couple plays gone the other way against the Patriots and Jets.

HHURRICANE
10-13-2006, 07:22 PM
I put $500 on Buffalo in my pool. I think the Lions suck.

YardRat
10-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Weren't the Lions the chic' pic for a few weeks to at least win their division just before the season started?

Meathead
10-13-2006, 10:21 PM
no'

spacecowboy
10-13-2006, 10:49 PM
They better win! (the Bills) My inlaws live in Detroit and I'll never hear the end of it if the Lions win. :gobills::please:

bluehaze
10-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Weren't the Lions the chic' pic for a few weeks to at least win their division just before the season started?

I sincerely doubt it the Lions are 1-12 since benching Joey Harrington last season.

Forward_Lateral
10-14-2006, 05:58 AM

:rofl: Hell no.

The_Philster
10-14-2006, 06:06 AM
Ya really,,,, its been a while since we've smacked someone, I remember beating down Cleveland and Seattle in 2004, those were fun games to watch.
I missed the Browns game..ulcer...but Seattle was a fun road trip :up:

Luisito23
10-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Yeah right....No way we lose manana pana......

GO BILLS!!!!!

hammerbillsfan
10-14-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm expecting another JJ masterpiece after this game.

:monkeyp: Lions

ParanoidAndroid
10-14-2006, 06:58 PM
I don't think they have any healthy O-linemen, Buffalo should be able to get in Kitna's face a lot and force a few turnovers. They have already given up 19 sacks.
Their defense really isn't good enough to keep them in a game. They have 6 sacks and 1 interception on the season. The thing is, if JP can't back the 8th man off, it makes their job easier.

The Lions have been outrushed 298yds to 481yds.

Stats aren't everything, but they paint a pretty good picture of a team. Without looking at the win/loss record, if you look at their season stats, you can guess this team is losing a lot of games.

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2006, 07:20 PM
I think we might be underestimating the Lions. They have plenty of weapons and coaches that can motivate and gameplan. Plus they are at home.

With that said, I predict a win out of us. Just not as easy as we all seem to think it'll be.

OpIv37
10-14-2006, 07:36 PM
What the hell is wrong with these people? Jeez, you know, it's not like we're the Texans or Raiders. We could have had a better record had a couple plays gone the other way against the Patriots and Jets.

The Bills make a LOT of mistakes. And the Lions are at home. Honestly, I think the Bills- despite all their glaring flaws- have more talent than the Lions and should have no problem winning if they're prepared. But I can understand why the Lions and the Lions' fans would think they stand a good chance at beating us- you know they were paying attention when their division rival Chicago tore us a new one last week.

OpIv37
10-14-2006, 07:37 PM
I think we might be underestimating the Lions. They have plenty of weapons and coaches that can motivate and gameplan. Plus they are at home.

They also have a huge disadvantage: GM Matt Millen (picture below)

http://personal.ecu.edu/wuenschk/jpg/HeadUpAss.jpg

Mad Bomber
10-14-2006, 08:00 PM

With that said, I predict a win out of us. Just not as easy as we all seem to think it'll be.
Agreed. The Bills had better win this one.

SABURZFAN
10-14-2006, 08:18 PM
We beat up on Cinci pretty good last year.

good example. :up: it could easily happen that detroit can beat us.look at Week 2 this year.the Fish fans thought they were in for a cakewalk when they played us.also,we're not convincingly better than detroit.we're a young team that could make mistake after mistake allowing detroit to beat us.

Devin
10-14-2006, 09:48 PM
I expect the Bills to win the superbowl each year but that never happens either.

Mr. Miyagi
10-15-2006, 12:20 AM
I expect the Bills to win the superbowl each year but that never happens either.
You do? :laughter:

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 04:43 AM
You do? :laughter:
He's a Bills fan....so he should

CuseJetsFan83
10-15-2006, 04:51 AM
well like i said before, detroit is alot better than the 0-5 record states, just like the bills may be at 2-3..... they could be 4-1, or they too could be at 0-5..........

they better not be overlooking past detroit, because they are primed for a victory sooner or later......... but as long as they follow the gameplan, bills should win handidly