• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

OU: Peterson out for season with broken collarbone

I just got the alert from AP at work:

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson has a broken collarbone and likely will miss the rest of the season, coach Bob Stoops said.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Adrian Peterson out for season

Thats a bummer.

He will still be a top 10 pick.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

OU: Peterson out for season with broken collarbone

NORMAN, Okla. -- Last month, Adrian Peterson told The Oklahoman the one thing that could keep him from leaving for the NFL after this season was a major injury. But the Sooner star probably never expected that possibility to come into play.
      Peterson, a Heisman Trophy hopeful and the fourth-leading rusher in Oklahoma history, broke his collarbone on a dive into the end zone Saturday, and will miss the rest of the regular season.

Peterson was injured on his last carry of the game -- a 53-yard scoring run with about 6:40 remaining that completed the 23rd-ranked Sooners' 34-9 win over Iowa State.

Peterson ran for 183 yards and two touchdowns.
      "My goals when I got here were to win a national championship first and then have an opportunity to win the Heisman," Peterson told The Oklahoman in September. "Those are the things I want to do, but the only thing right now I know for a fact that would keep me [at Oklahoma] next year is a major injury. God willing, that won't happen."

Oklahoma running back and Heisman hopeful Adrian Peterson will likely miss the rest of the season after breaking his collarbone Saturday. Coach Bob Stoops hopes Peterson can return for a bowl game.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Re: OU: Peterson out for season with broken collarbone

Originally posted by Skooby
        NORMAN, Okla. -- Last month, Adrian Peterson told The Oklahoman the one thing that could keep him from leaving for the NFL after this season was a major injury. But the Sooner star probably never expected that possibility to come into play.
        Peterson, a Heisman Trophy hopeful and the fourth-leading rusher in Oklahoma history, broke his collarbone on a dive into the end zone Saturday, and will miss the rest of the regular season.

Peterson was injured on his last carry of the game -- a 53-yard scoring run with about 6:40 remaining that completed the 23rd-ranked Sooners' 34-9 win over Iowa State.

Peterson ran for 183 yards and two touchdowns.
        "My goals when I got here were to win a national championship first and then have an opportunity to win the Heisman," Peterson told The Oklahoman in September. "Those are the things I want to do, but the only thing right now I know for a fact that would keep me [at Oklahoma] next year is a major injury. God willing, that won't happen."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2625553
        What does this have to do with the Buffalo Bills?

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Yeah well the season was shot to **** anyway with OU giving the game away last weekend.

Comment

• bluehaze
            • Sep 2006

Freak way he broke it too, he didnt have to dive into the endzone everyone was behind him, he didnt land overly hard or anything.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
              What does this have to do with the Buffalo Bills?
              or the NFL...but
              agreed...college football stuff is better off placed in the Scouting Zone
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                Thats a bummer.

He will still be a top 10 pick.
                too bad he didn't blow out his knee- then the Bills would have found a way to draft him for sure.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  Yeah well the season was shot to **** anyway with OU giving the game away last weekend.
                  The season was shot after the refs gave that game to Oregon....

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    or the NFL...but
                    agreed...college football stuff is better off placed in the Scouting Zone

that why i started a thread about this in the Sports Zone BEFORE these threads were formed in the Bills Zone.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Wherever it belongs, it will change the first round of the draft Peterson was a top 5 pick. Assuming he abides by his stated intentions, this means he will come back for his senior season at Oklahoma. He was going to be a top five pick most likely.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                      X