PDA

View Full Version : OU: Peterson out for season with broken collarbone

Philagape
10-14-2006, 03:27 PM
I just got the alert from AP at work:

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson has a broken collarbone and likely will miss the rest of the season, coach Bob Stoops said.

Devin
10-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Thats a bummer.

He will still be a top 10 pick.

Mitchy moo
10-14-2006, 04:49 PM
NORMAN, Okla. -- Last month, Adrian Peterson (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=161717) told The Oklahoman the one thing that could keep him from leaving for the NFL after this season was a major injury. But the Sooner star probably never expected that possibility to come into play.
Peterson, a Heisman Trophy hopeful and the fourth-leading rusher in Oklahoma history, broke his collarbone on a dive into the end zone Saturday, and will miss the rest of the regular season.

Peterson was injured on his last carry of the game -- a 53-yard scoring run with about 6:40 remaining that completed the 23rd-ranked Sooners' 34-9 win over Iowa State.

Peterson ran for 183 yards and two touchdowns.
"My goals when I got here were to win a national championship first and then have an opportunity to win the Heisman," Peterson told The Oklahoman in September. "Those are the things I want to do, but the only thing right now I know for a fact that would keep me [at Oklahoma] next year is a major injury. God willing, that won't happen."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2625553

ICE74129
10-14-2006, 05:01 PM
NORMAN, Okla. -- Last month, Adrian Peterson (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=161717) told The Oklahoman the one thing that could keep him from leaving for the NFL after this season was a major injury. But the Sooner star probably never expected that possibility to come into play.
Peterson, a Heisman Trophy hopeful and the fourth-leading rusher in Oklahoma history, broke his collarbone on a dive into the end zone Saturday, and will miss the rest of the regular season.

Peterson was injured on his last carry of the game -- a 53-yard scoring run with about 6:40 remaining that completed the 23rd-ranked Sooners' 34-9 win over Iowa State.

Peterson ran for 183 yards and two touchdowns.
"My goals when I got here were to win a national championship first and then have an opportunity to win the Heisman," Peterson told The Oklahoman in September. "Those are the things I want to do, but the only thing right now I know for a fact that would keep me [at Oklahoma] next year is a major injury. God willing, that won't happen."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2625553

What does this have to do with the Buffalo Bills?

ICE74129
10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah well the season was shot to **** anyway with OU giving the game away last weekend.

bluehaze
10-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Freak way he broke it too, he didnt have to dive into the endzone everyone was behind him, he didnt land overly hard or anything.

The_Philster
10-14-2006, 06:41 PM
What does this have to do with the Buffalo Bills?or the NFL...but
agreed...college football stuff is better off placed in the Scouting Zone

OpIv37
10-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Thats a bummer.

He will still be a top 10 pick.

too bad he didn't blow out his knee- then the Bills would have found a way to draft him for sure.

Mad Bomber
10-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Yeah well the season was shot to **** anyway with OU giving the game away last weekend.

The season was shot after the refs gave that game to Oregon....

SABURZFAN
10-14-2006, 08:12 PM
or the NFL...but
agreed...college football stuff is better off placed in the Scouting Zone

that why i started a thread about this in the Sports Zone BEFORE these threads were formed in the Bills Zone.

TigerJ
10-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Wherever it belongs, it will change the first round of the draft Peterson was a top 5 pick. Assuming he abides by his stated intentions, this means he will come back for his senior season at Oklahoma. He was going to be a top five pick most likely.