PDA

View Full Version : Until further notice

BlackMetalNinja
10-15-2006, 08:06 AM
I'm done posting in this forum... It's too frustrating trying to talk about the 5-0 Sabres when certain people just want to bring up the new logo in every single thread instead. Hopefully you guys will figure out sooner or later that it IS the logo whether you, I, or anybody else likes it for the immediate future and will get over it and focus on how awesome this hockey team actually is.

In the meantime, I'll continue to read the forum, though probably not for long if the current trend keeps up, and whenever you guys can get over your righteous battle for all things anti-slug, perhaps I'll return to normal status. Sucks too because this used to be my favorite section of this site until this summer...

Michael82
10-15-2006, 08:15 AM
I disagree with you. The logo talk is staying in separate logo threads. I dont see any **** about the slug in other Sabres game threads. If u posted in those, u would be fine. But you and other slug fans/haters are posting in those threads, so then it becomes a battle.

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2006, 08:18 AM
People ***** about the logo too damn much. Plain and simple.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 08:22 AM
People ***** about the logo too damn much. Plain and simple.
yeah and what about when all the people were bashing the Bills uniforms when they first came out? People let that keep happening and people still ***** about them. The best thing to do is if u dont like it, skip that post or ignore the poster. :up:

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Mikey, the logo even comes up in the official gameday thread. And there is a daily logo bashing thread. This team could go 82-0 and I think some people would still *****, whine and complain like they have PMS!

BTW, I wore my new logo T-shirt last night!

Michael82
10-15-2006, 08:36 AM
that right there is the reason why so many people ***** and complain about the logo because we know that there is a lot of sheep like you that buy the shirt because they love the Sabres. And now because of that, we will never change from the slug. :ill:

Bill Brasky
10-15-2006, 09:12 AM
This team could go 82-0

that would rule so hard

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2006, 10:14 AM
that right there is the reason why so many people ***** and complain about the logo because we know that there is a lot of sheep like you that buy the shirt because they love the Sabres. And now because of that, we will never change from the slug. :ill:

I bought it because:

1. It is better than the goat head and I don't mind it at all.
2. It is fun to watch people who blindly hate the logo spaz out when sombody wears something with the logo on it.

YardRat
10-15-2006, 10:17 AM
We got a new logo???

What's it look like??

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 10:35 AM
I bought it because:

1. It is better than the goat head and I don't mind it at all.personally, I never saw a goathead...looks like an angry white Buffalo :idunno:

2. It is fun to watch people who blindly hate the logo spaz out when sombody wears something with the logo on it.that I will agree with...I don't care for the slug myself, but whining about it is kinda childish and pointless if you ask me

Dozerdog
10-15-2006, 10:40 AM
I watch hockey- like other men.

My wife watches fashion- like other gay men...and they make fun of the fashion faux paus.

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 10:42 AM

My wife watches fashion- like other gay men...and they make fun of the fashion faux paus.
nicely put :up: :spit:

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 10:58 AM
I disagree with you. The logo talk is staying in separate logo threads. I dont see any **** about the slug in other Sabres game threads. If u posted in those, u would be fine. But you and other slug fans/haters are posting in those threads, so then it becomes a battle.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1681223&postcount=56

pyrrhonist
10-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Mikey, it does come up, even in the GDTs (See the Rangers thread for the latest examples). It doesn't really bother me as much (It is just an internet board), but it does get old. If you don't like them, that's fine. If you do, that's fine, too (At least to me). I think it falls to an admin or moderator to take care of that business, though. Keeping the logo loving posts isolated in a single thread, and the logo hate posts in a single thread, and all is taken care of.

Dozerdog
10-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Mikey, it does come up, even in the GDTs (See the Rangers thread for the latest examples). It doesn't really bother me as much (It is just an internet board), but it does get old. If you don't like them, that's fine. If you do, that's fine, too (At least to me). I think it falls to an admin or moderator to take care of that business, though. Keeping the logo loving posts isolated in a single thread, and the logo hate posts in a single thread, and all is taken care of.That seems to be a lot of work for the mods and admins.

Here's an Idea- put a short list together of the logo whiners, and put them on ignore?

If their hockey talk and knowledge ends at the jerseys the team is wearing, their opinions aren't worth my time reading anyway.

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 11:30 AM
That seems to be a lot of work for the mods and admins.

Here's an Idea- put a short list together of the logo whiners, and put them on ignore?.you can't put mods like Mikey on ignore, though :laughter:

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2006, 11:34 AM

Perfect!

Except for the part about you being married to a gay man. You silly New Englanders.

Dozerdog
10-15-2006, 11:35 AM
:rofl:

Ya got me there

Bufftp
10-15-2006, 12:28 PM
I ignore the logo posts and read the good stuff.
SSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEEEEE!
or
Sabres win, Sabres win!

Michael82
10-15-2006, 12:37 PM
The ironic thing is that no one was talking about the logo in the game thread until BMN posted this....

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1680770&postcount=43

:shakeno:

CuseJetsFan83
10-15-2006, 01:25 PM
see the logo banter doesn't bother me much........... its kinda like getting made fun of for being on the wrong team... and being here im used to that :-)

SkateZilla
10-15-2006, 10:23 PM
****, i'll do you one better,

im trying to watch the game and / or highlights, and all the Commentators or ESPN Anchors talk about is the Effing Logo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM OVER IT.. BLAH!!! WHO CARES!!,

SABURZFAN
10-16-2006, 01:50 AM
The ironic thing is that no one was talking about the logo in the game thread until BMN posted this....

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1680770&postcount=43

:shakeno:

:rofl:

that's why i posted this.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=110900

and look who's in it.

ddaryl
10-16-2006, 04:19 AM

Yep, that would be enough to send me off.

We are forced to see it everytime we watch a game, check the game photos, or goto a Sabres website.

I guarentee you , if they stop showing the logo on TV, in th ephotos, and on the websites people liek me will stop bitiching about it, but as long as it is in view of my eyes I simply cannot and will not ignore it.

I hate the logo that much !!!!

IM OVER IT.. BLAH!!! WHO CARES!!,

I DO, I care a lot. how could anyone not care, it's one of the fugliest things I have ever seen.

jamze132
10-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Well I love talking about the Sabres in general. I can sit hear all day and talkabout how hot a start they are off to, how awesome Drury has been, and so forth. But every time I get a chance to watch a Sabres game (not too often since I am in Italy) I hear the anouncers making fun of the logo. It takes a substantial amount of time away from disecting the game. Melrose's rant the other day is a good case in point. And you know what? These anouncers have every right to make fun of it. It looks like a Down Syndrome version of Donald Trump's hair.

The logo is apart of the Sabres and we should feel free to discuss it without reprehension. I do agree though that we should try to stay focused on their play, not their look... but it's hard.

chernobylwraiths
10-16-2006, 11:47 AM

So, your wife is a gay man? Well, you DO live in Massachusettes.

chernobylwraiths
10-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Perfect!

Except for the part about you being married to a gay man. You silly New Englanders.

Man, I hated being without internet.

pyrrhonist
10-16-2006, 12:01 PM
If their hockey talk and knowledge ends at the jerseys the team is wearing, their opinions aren't worth my time reading anyway.

You're absolutely right. And like I said, it really doesn't bother me that much. I can look the other way w/o too much issue. I really don't see liking or disliking the logo as that big of an issue. I'm more concerned about my favorite hockey club, than WTF they're wearing on the ice. As you said, it's not a fashion show. :up: