PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins whiffed by taking Culpepper over Brees

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 08:14 AM
The Miami Dolphins had the right of first refusal in the big offseason quarterback derby in the NFL.
The Dolphins had their choice of signing either Drew Brees or Daunte Culpepper back in mid-March. After five weeks of the NFL season, it seems they blew the call. ...more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061015/1031133.asp)

RedEyE
10-15-2006, 08:22 AM
:phew:

Michael82
10-15-2006, 08:28 AM
:rofl:

JJamezz
10-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Disappointing... I thought you were talking about the HBO douchebags.. As if they'd ever admit they were wrong, or bash their beloved dolphins.. :puke:

ICE74129
10-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Funny, myself and others said brees.

!Papacrunk!
10-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Culpepper may never regain his 2004 form, I accepted that before he even donned a Dolphins uniform, but at the same time I'm going to give him more time before I brand him a failure. The way our line has been, I wonder if Brees would've had the same success he's been having with the Saints. On a related side note, I think Culpepper's reluctance due to his injury has been a big reason for a lot of the sacks accumulated so far, so I guess I'll have to see what happens to Harrington to see if it's been a bad line or Culpepper's hesitantcy.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-15-2006, 11:00 AM
wow does that mean the media no longer thinks Saben walks on water?

Guess Miami's shiney new saben toy has the luster taken off it a bit.

Oh this is rich :)

DynaPaul
10-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Any moron could have told them that. I know I breathed a sigh of relief when they went with Culpepper.

bluehaze
10-15-2006, 11:42 AM
I think this cloud has a silver lining! Joey Harrington! Yea yea I know everyone thinks he sucks but you know what he looked good against NE and todays game will be his first start with a full weeks practice with his recievers to get timing down and work out the kinks. I think he will have a breakout day today!

Go ahead start laughing it's all good, i'm really pumped it's Sunday lets get ready for some Football!!! :crazed:

Devin
10-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Brees is the smarter QB, whether the Fins OL would have affected his play is certainly debatable but he generally makes smarter decisions with the ball.

With Brees your probably a win or two better.

So in that case thanks Saban.

bluehaze
10-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Well Brees gets 25 mil his first two years at New Orleans. The Phins couldn't have done that with our cap problems anyway. Even with Daunte only making 1mil this year we are still only 1 mill under cap. They said it was medical reasons they turned him down but when you really look at the situation we would have had to dismantle the team in order to fit him in here.

feelthepain
10-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Donte Whitner or Matt Leinart only an idiot would take Whitner over Leinart.

Devin
10-15-2006, 12:58 PM
:rolleyes:

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Donte Whitner or Matt Leinart only an idiot would take Whitner over Leinart.
thank you for showing us how little you know about football :clap:

Bling
10-15-2006, 03:06 PM
LOL... We're all suppose to wait for Losman to be the QB of the future, but Culpepper comes back from a potential career ending injury, and all he gets is 4 games? Oh well...

feelthepain
10-16-2006, 08:46 AM
thank you for showing us how little you know about football :clap:

Yeah JP is showing his value, you're right, Leinart wouldn't have been a better choice then Whitner......:bandwagon

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Yeah JP is showing his value, you're right, Leinart wouldn't have been a better choice then Whitner......:bandwagon
few QBs show much at all in half a season of being jerked around...and the verdict is still out on JP...2 putrid games after 4 games in which he kept improving....spending a 1st round pick on a QB would've been wasteful....SS was a need and Whitner has, with the obvious exception of the last two weeks in which everyone played like crap, proven that he'll be worth that #8 pick

Gunzlingr
10-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Give it up Phil, Bling and FTP just can't handle how disappointing their team is. They try to shift it to Losman, but nobody had the Bills winning anything, and the Phins winning it all.

BleedinGreenNC
10-16-2006, 03:49 PM
I think this cloud has a silver lining! Joey Harrington! Yea yea I know everyone thinks he sucks but you know what he looked good against NE and todays game will be his first start with a full weeks practice with his recievers to get timing down and work out the kinks. I think he will have a breakout day today!

Go ahead start laughing it's all good, i'm really pumped it's Sunday lets get ready for some Football!!! :crazed:

Dude sucked in Detroit, how can fin fans think that a Lion's castoff is going to lead them to the playoffs?

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Give it up Phil, Bling and FTP just can't handle how disappointing their team is. They try to shift it to Losman, but nobody had the Bills winning anything, and the Phins winning it all.
well..I'll give Bling a little credit...there are times he can actually come across as knowledgeable...once in a while...FTP is just trolling

bigbry
10-16-2006, 04:16 PM

" nobody had the Bills winning anything, and the Phins winning it all."

Interesting, did the Bills themselves say they wernt going to win anything?
Did the Dolphins themselves say they were going to win it all?
Okay, so "nobody" the media, was wrong on the Dolphins.

BB

Bling
10-16-2006, 04:27 PM

LOL! You're too easy Gunz, too easy...

bluehaze
10-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Dude sucked in Detroit, how can fin fans think that a Lion's castoff is going to lead them to the playoffs?

Everyone sucks in Detroit, The kid was up for the heismann in college with proper coaching who knows what might happen. However at this point Miami seems worse off than Detroit so who knows :lol:

feelthepain
10-16-2006, 07:16 PM
well..I'll give Bling a little credit...there are times he can actually come across as knowledgeable...once in a while...FTP is just trolling

Oh I see, your team sucks on both sides of the Ball and you feel the need to trash another team in the division, yet I'm trolling?? How about you stop posting like a little baby and I'll not post in your bitter posts. Miami's D is a top 3 D. Our D doesn't have issues, just the O and it's only week 6 we still have 10 games to play.

feelthepain
10-16-2006, 07:19 PM

Team??? Isn't our D like top 3 overall in the league?? I think so, what sport are you watching, cause it aint football.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Oh I see, your team sucks on both sides of the Ball and you feel the need to trash another team in the division, yet I'm trolling?? How about you stop posting like a little baby and I'll not post in your bitter posts. Miami's D is a top 3 D. Our D doesn't have issues, just the O and it's only week 6 we still have 10 games to play.
more trolling and stupidity...I didn't bring up Miami once in this thread

bluehaze
10-16-2006, 08:12 PM

Dude our D has huge issues, did you watch that game last night? Our revamped secondary is just awful probably Sabans worst move so far was replacing Surtain, Madison and Schulters with what we have out there now.

I dont understand where your coming from, if our team was good and you came to talk a little smack I could see but our team sucks right now there is no room for Phin fans to talk smack about this team and coming to a Bills board to do so is just foolish. There are some good people on this board I actually enjoy it more here than I do Finheaven. I dont understand you at all man seems like the only reason you come here is to make trouble?

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 08:15 PM
it's all he's ever done here, bluehaze...not all Fish fans have class and can talk football like adults like you, LTFinFan, and some others

course, in all fairness, there are also plenty of Bills fans who can't talk anything but smack either

feelthepain
10-16-2006, 10:40 PM
it's all he's ever done here, bluehaze...not all Fish fans have class and can talk football like adults like you, LTFinFan, and some others

course, in all fairness, there are also plenty of Bills fans who can't talk anything but smack either

Right, they just give teams high D rankings for no reason. Oh wait, no they don't you have to earn it, we are in the top 4 in the league in total D. I don't give a crap what Bluehaze say's and you just want to find a reason to trash the fins. Look at the Bears tonight, they are getting beaten by a rookie QB with 1 start under his belt, they are having issues on D tonight, are they lousy?? No!! why, because they aren't the fins??? Go look up the stats, we are 4th overall in the league because we don't give up 300 yard passing games and we don't give up much against the run.

We are fifth against the pass and tenth in the league against the run giving up just 1 rushing TD overall 4th. So as much as you and Bluehaze want to trash the Fins D, we are very good against both the pass and the run.

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 04:30 AM
So as much as you and Bluehaze want to trash the Fins D, we are very good against both the pass and the run.I wasn't trashing the Fish D...I never said a word about it
Here's (http://www.rif.org/) a website you should check out for this problem you keep having

bluehaze
10-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Right, they just give teams high D rankings for no reason. Oh wait, no they don't you have to earn it, we are in the top 4 in the league in total D. I don't give a crap what Bluehaze say's and you just want to find a reason to trash the fins. Look at the Bears tonight, they are getting beaten by a rookie QB with 1 start under his belt, they are having issues on D tonight, are they lousy?? No!! why, because they aren't the fins??? Go look up the stats, we are 4th overall in the league because we don't give up 300 yard passing games and we don't give up much against the run.

We are fifth against the pass and tenth in the league against the run giving up just 1 rushing TD overall 4th. So as much as you and Bluehaze want to trash the Fins D, we are very good against both the pass and the run.

Stats arent everything, it's too early to be going by those rankings considering the teams we've played so far. If you actually watch the games you know our secondary is suspect regardless though I am not trashing our team I am just trying to explain to you that I dont think they are so good that you should be coming to a Bills board to brag about them.

feelthepain
10-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Stats arent everything, it's too early to be going by those rankings considering the teams we've played so far. If you actually watch the games you know our secondary is suspect regardless though I am not trashing our team I am just trying to explain to you that I dont think they are so good that you should be coming to a Bills board to brag about them.

Name one game we couldn't have won this year? Do the Bears have issues on D?? They had a hard time stoping a rookie last night?? I'm sure you're not nearly as harsh on them as you are the Fins. We have given up just one rushing TD all year and we avg, 176 a game in passing D, Sorry we aren't the best in the league in every stat to make you happy. But our TEAM isn't having issues if our O could get their act together we could eaisly be 4-1 it's not our D that's having problems. They play a lot more then they should due the lack of effort on O. What frikin games are you watching???

bluehaze
10-17-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm watching the same games you are, minus the rose colored glasses.

We have given up 10 TDs via the pass...

Our D is ranked 29th in Passing TDs allowed (10)...
Our D is ranked 25th in allowing opponents Third Down Conversions (41%)...

Our secondary sucks :(

feelthepain
10-17-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm watching the same games you are, minus the rose colored glasses.

We have given up 10 TDs via the pass...

Our D is ranked 29th in Passing TDs allowed (10)...
Our D is ranked 25th in allowing opponents Third Down Conversions (41%)...

Our secondary sucks :(

Our secondary gives up just 176 yards a game and is ranked 5th in the league aginst the pass. Our D has only given up 1 rushing TD so far this year and we give up less then a 100 yards rushing a game, 93 yards per game to be exact. Our D is ranked 4th in the league overall.

You choose to see what you want to see. Because you see the negative issues your opinion of this D is valid??? You seem to ignore the good just to strees the bad, well if the bad were really as bad as you think our passing D wouldn't be ranked so high 5th and neither would our total D 4th. Also if the D weren't spending so much time on the field, don't you think that would help their numbers?? How about the O turnning the ball over with such a short field for the other team to work with?? Think that has something to do with the D stats?? Like I said you're not watching the games you're looking at the final score.

BTW, with 11 total TD's being scored on the fins this year that's an avg. of 1.8333333 TD's a game so far this year, and you think our secondary sucks??? Dude you have major issues.

bluehaze
10-17-2006, 03:43 PM
:hail: OK man, you win, I dont want to argue anymore :hail:

jmb1099
10-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Our secondary gives up just 176 yards a game and is ranked 5th in the league aginst the pass. Our D has only given up 1 rushing TD so far this year and we give up less then a 100 yards rushing a game, 93 yards per game to be exact. Our D is ranked 4th in the league overall.

You choose to see what you want to see. Because you see the negative issues your opinion of this D is valid??? You seem to ignore the good just to strees the bad, well if the bad were really as bad as you think our passing D wouldn't be ranked so high 5th and neither would our total D 4th. Also if the D weren't spending so much time on the field, don't you think that would help their numbers?? How about the O turnning the ball over with such a short field for the other team to work with?? Think that has something to do with the D stats?? Like I said you're not watching the games you're looking at the final score.

BTW, with 11 total TD's being scored on the fins this year that's an avg. of 1.8333333 TD's a game so far this year, and you think our secondary sucks??? Dude you have major issues.
Not exactly good enough though is it? And as your offense continues to struggle and your d stays out on the field longer and longer...well you get the idea. But none of this is really the point because quite honestly we have more than enough problems of our own to work out. The point is that you don't have any leverage to smack talk with, especially on a Bills forum, especially since the lowly Bills beat the even lowlier fins. So if you beat us and have a better record than we do than maybe you might have some leverage to smack on a divisional rivals bored but until then...

justasportsfan
10-17-2006, 04:50 PM
and yet you're fins are the $5 crack whore of the AFCE.

patmoran2006
10-17-2006, 04:53 PM
There is NO WAY Miami is 1-5 had they signed Brees, and nobody is going to tell me otherwise.

Simply put, WORST move of ALL Of free agency.. and I'll admit I thought getting Culpepper was a good move at the time.

justasportsfan
10-17-2006, 05:06 PM
and I'll admit I thought getting Culpepper was a good move at the time.
you've been doing that a lot lately

justasportsfan
10-17-2006, 05:28 PM
OH goody. The fins just acticated Vick.

Watch out NFL, more gadget plays.

feelthepain
10-17-2006, 07:03 PM
There is NO WAY Miami is 1-5 had they signed Brees, and nobody is going to tell me otherwise.

Simply put, WORST move of ALL Of free agency.. and I'll admit I thought getting Culpepper was a good move at the time.

Maybe, maybe not. It seems Miami has had to recovery from Daunte not being ready to return. I strill think Daunte is the better QB and he will return to form. The oline is playing better thanks to Joeys mobility and quicker release. I think we rebound the secoind half of the season. Were moving the ball well, were just haing issues with shootimg ourselves in the foot. I think we get it turned around.

bigbry
10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Maybe, maybe not. It seems Miami has had to recovery from Daunte not being ready to return. I strill think Daunte is the better QB and he will return to form. The oline is playing better thanks to Joeys mobility and quicker release. I think we rebound the secoind half of the season. Were moving the ball well, were just haing issues with shootimg ourselves in the foot. I think we get it turned around.

Oh yeah we have it turned around alright. Instead of shooting ourselves in the foot we will start shooting ourselves in the face.

BB