PDA

View Full Version : Playcalling

RedEyE
10-15-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm getting frustrated with Fairchild. He's constantly wanting to gun it downfield at the worst opportune times.

2nd and 2 to go, you don't show your hand by coming out of the huddle in set in a shotgun formation.

We've again been told by yet another coaching staff that this is going to be a running team and I have yet to see them rely on it.

Why get in a shoot out? Eat up the clock with long drives on the ground.

I hope this game turn around quickly. It has the makings of an ugly day.

Coach Sal
10-15-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm getting frustrated with Fairchild. He's constantly wanting to gun it downfield at the worst opportune times.

2nd and 2 to go, you don't show your hand by coming out of the huddle in set in a shotgun formation.

We've again been told by yet another coaching staff that this is going to be a running team and I have yet to see them rely on it.

Philosophically, I don't disagree with you.

But on 2nd and 2, by spreading the field, you have a good chance of getting a LB matched up on a WR. And if you can't take advantage of it, you still have 3rd and short.

RedEyE
10-15-2006, 01:25 PM
I see your point, but it seems that the pass would be more effective if you made the play fake and chucked it downfield.

And the Bills have completley stepped away from the running game and they're only trailing by 3.

Unacceptable.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 01:42 PM
The playcalling has been atrocious! Fewell continues to use the Jerry Gray 10-yard cushion with our CBs and they are getting burned big time. :ill:

Fairchild has abandoned the run, even though Willis is doing good at times when they actually block.

It looks like this team has no heart, no fire. I want to see them come out in the 3rd quarter and come out swinging. I want to see some intensity for the guys. And for the love of God, can we get a ****ing offensive line that can actually block longer than 2 seconds? :ill:

billsfairweatherfan
10-15-2006, 02:00 PM
The playcalling has been atrocious! Fewell continues to use the Jerry Gray 10-yard cushion with our CBs and they are getting burned big time. :ill:

Fairchild has abandoned the run, even though Willis is doing good at times when they actually block.

It looks like this team has no heart, no fire. I want to see them come out in the 3rd quarter and come out swinging. I want to see some intensity for the guys. And for the love of God, can we get a ****ing offensive line that can actually block longer than 2 seconds? :ill:
play calling has nothing to do with this .jp stays too long looking for it all. run for it or checkoff.today he has no NO excuse..

RedEyE
10-15-2006, 02:00 PM
And why even sign Anthony Thomas? He's never in the game...ever. They should be using Thomas and McGahee as this offense's motor. The Bills passing game is only good if the run game is up and going.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 02:08 PM
And why even sign Anthony Thomas? He's never in the game...ever. They should be using Thomas and McGahee as this offense's motor. The Bills passing game is only good if the run game is up and going.
I've been thinking this too. I thought we were going to mix the two up, but Thomas never sees that ball. :mad:

RedEyE
10-15-2006, 02:23 PM
What the **** was that? Thomas comes in and they then decide to go to the play fake? He hasn't touched the ball in 3 games!!!

RedEyE
10-15-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm pretty pissed about this game . Willis only touched the ball 17 times today. This is a bad football team and at least now we know it.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm pretty pissed about this game . Willis only touched the ball 17 times today. This is a bad football team and at least now we know it.
And it's a horribly coached team too. :ill:

Michael82
10-15-2006, 03:13 PM
And for the love of God....can we please get an offensive line!?!? Gandy SUCKS!!!! :mad: :puke:

Nighthawk
10-15-2006, 03:13 PM

I agree, but you can add Perry Fool to the list. In my opinion, this entire staff is pretty clueless!

Michael82
10-15-2006, 03:23 PM
I agree, but you can add Perry Fool to the list. In my opinion, this entire staff is pretty clueless!
Yeah, dont forget Jauron for challenging that play when it was inconclusive and they need their timeouts. :ill:

Nighthawk
10-15-2006, 03:24 PM

That last paragraph pretty much sums up their coach. This team needs to spend money on a good HC, good players and a good GM. Enough with the cheap hires!

Nighthawk
10-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah, dont forget Jauron for challenging that play when it was inconclusive and they need their timeouts. :ill:

So true! Mikey, I hate this guy, but I wanted to give him a shot. It's now evident that he is what he is...GARBAGE! There is a reason that nobody else wanted to hire him and now we are getting a front row seat to watch it!

RedEyE
10-15-2006, 05:24 PM
I stepped away and came back to reevalute everything and I'm standing firm on this loss belonging to the coaches.

Yes, the players need to not make the mistakes and yes the players need to execute, but when you don't give your players the right plays to work with, and you put them in situations that force mishaps, then you set them up for failure.

100% out coached today.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 06:30 PM
I stepped away and came back to reevalute everything and I'm standing firm on this loss belonging to the coaches.

Yes, the players need to not make the mistakes and yes the players need to execute, but when you don't give your players the right plays to work with, and you put them in situations that force mishaps, then you set them up for failure.

100% out coached today.
I have taken some time away too and I also blame this loss on the coaches. Jauron was horribly outcoached by a rookie. :ill:

YardRat
10-15-2006, 07:18 PM

Good challenge, IMO. Worst case scenario--a gimme field goal. Best case we get the ball and keep from going down by 10.

If he didn't challenge, we still were down by 10 and one TO wasn't going to make a difference.

You want to start laying blame for losing TO's, don't forget to point the finger at JP. He should've chucked the ball incomplete and taken the punt instead of running around like a puppy with two peters in a breeding pen.