Ok, is it safe to say that we now know why nobody else wanted Dickey as a HC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Ok, is it safe to say that we now know why nobody else wanted Dickey as a HC?

This guy is brutal. This team was far from ready to play today. The gameplan (if there was one) was terrible. Perry Fool looks like he has no clue what he is doing out there. Oh, and we just lost to another rookie HC and we thought we brought in Dickey because of his experience as a HC? Well, he's lost too 2 rookies (Mangini & Marinelli)...what an embarrassment! Finally, the Lions were 0-5...yes, 0-5! I'm sorry, we have no future with Dickey & Company...
  • Carlton Bailey

Re: Ok, is it safe to say that we now know why nobody else wanted Dickey as a HC?

The Bills are the second biggest laughingstock in the NFL right now, behind only the Oakland Raiders.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

Re: Ok, is it safe to say that we now know why nobody else wanted Dickey as a HC?

the sky is falling!!!!!!!
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Nighthawk
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
        the sky is falling!!!!!!!
        My friend...you're clueless if you can't see that this team is getting worse, not better. Keep living in your fantasy world!

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

I cant say that this team is worse, but it basically looks like we picked up where we left off last season. I guess my 7-9/8-8 predictions are off a few games.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Billscusey
            • Nov 2004

Many changes are on the horizon!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
              This guy is brutal. This team was far from ready to play today. The gameplan (if there was one) was terrible. Perry Fool looks like he has no clue what he is doing out there. Oh, and we just lost to another rookie HC and we thought we brought in Dickey because of his experience as a HC? Well, he's lost too 2 rookies (Mangini & Marinelli)...what an embarrassment! Finally, the Lions were 0-5...yes, 0-5! I'm sorry, we have no future with Dickey & Company...
              The 2 timeouts he wasted in the 2nd half hurt big time.

If JP needs to catch his breath then get up to the line and hand the ball off to Willis.

And there was no way that challenge was going to be reversed. The call on the field was going to stay no matter what the call was.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                The 2 timeouts he wasted in the 2nd half hurt big time.

If JP needs to catch his breath then get up to the line and hand the ball off to Willis.

And there was no way that challenge was going to be reversed. The call on the field was going to stay no matter what the call was.
                Yep, I agree with everything you said...the coaches are clueless...they look lost out there.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Billscusey
                  Many changes are on the horizon!
                  Perhaps the perpetual changing is part of the problem.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                    Perhaps the perpetual changing is part of the problem.
                    It's not the changing...it's the making mistakes on every attempt to get the right HC in here. It's always done on the cheap, how can you possibly succeed that way?

Comment

• Bufftp
                      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I think the problem is talent.
                      Talent on the O-Line and D-line specifically.
                      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                      to be led by permanent ideals -
                      that is what keeps a man patient
                      when the world ignores him,
                      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

it would take a mularkey type team meltdown to make me ready to declare dick a bust and i dont see that happening

after six games its obvious they still need some work on both lines. even the both units are still better than last years they are having too many breakdowns and struggling to control play. thats a big handicap for a coach to work with

not much they can do about that now. and besides its not like we didnt know this was a pretty good possibility. hey i admit i pushed it to the back of my mind but i shoulda known better and ill bet i wasnt alone in my denial

tripplett is probably above average but when youre working with a below average guy next to you all the time its tough. williams has been a surprise but hes still a rook and it only takes gettting fooled bad once or twice to change a game. mcjumbo may have been improving on his slow start but now hes gone. and anderson has gone the way of arthur

and you can fill in the part about the oline yourself

so i cant see much chance of being able to make a fair evaluation until they get another shot at free agency and the development of their own young guys

seems to me they are a couple guys short on both lines and if they get one homegrown to emerge and one good fa on each unit theyd be in pretty good shape

theres a couple other questions of course but thats really where their obvious weakness is. somewhere in our minds we knew that
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
                          I think the problem is talent.
                          Talent on the O-Line and D-line specifically.
                          agreed, but they lack talent at the HC position too.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

Its the LINES and the LINES only. I guarantee if they get an OL that can block 3/4 of the time and a DL that can consistently get pressure. This team will look and play like a playoff team.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                              Its the LINES and the LINES only. I guarantee if they get an OL that can block 3/4 of the time and a DL that can consistently get pressure. This team will look and play like a playoff team.
                              Would you say that the Pats have great OL or the Falcons? Coaching makes a difference...it's a fact. I know that you want Dickey to be the savior, but he's never done it before and he isn't going to do it here. I'm sorry, but it's not going to happen. The sooner people realize this, the better we will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X