PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sick of this ****

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm sick of being outcoached every single game.

I'm sick of never playing a full 4 quarters.

I'm sick of Losman making rookie mistakes despite it being his 3rd year in the league.

I'm sick of missing tackles and getting bowled over in the run game (the Bills gave up over twice the Lions' season average in rushing).

I'm sick of penalties (decreased numbers in this game but came at critical junctures).

This is ****ing bull****.

K, P, S, RB are set- every other position needs an upgrade in the offseason, and LT is our #1 priority.

billsburgh
10-15-2006, 03:14 PM
you and me both. same old **** every week.

Nighthawk
10-15-2006, 03:16 PM
I agree...it sucks not having anything to look forward to watching on Sundays. I'm officially in Draft mode. I want a high pick!

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Oh, I'm also sick of the game being over at the end of the 3rd quarter. If the Bills are losing even by 3 when the 4th starts, it's OVER. This team just doesn't have the fight to come back and hasn't for years.

Does anyone remember the last time the Bills came back after being down at any point in the 4th quarter? I'm thinking it was 2002 or 2003.

paladin warrior
10-15-2006, 03:26 PM
you and me both. same old **** every week. add me too..

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Im sick of people whining

grow some balls

Mad Bomber
10-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh, I'm also sick of the game being over at the end of the 4th quarter. If the Bills are losing even by 3 when the 4th starts, it's OVER. This team just doesn't have the fight to come back and hasn't for years.

Absolutely. The last two weeks have shown that we should just give up on this team for this year.

My hope is that we can START (not continue) to improve (this team has gone BACKWARDS the last two weeks) during the rest of the year, and actually become somewhat respectable next year.

shelby
10-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Mad, i love the new avatar.:10:

i am very disappointed with this loss, and with our performance as a team today. But i will never give up on this team. We didn't have a prayer to be a playoff contender this year, and if any of y'all thought otherwise, share what you were smoking.
i've predicted 6 and 10 since the preseason, and i think i'm right. This should have been a win, but we looked like :curse:. We are a struggling team who is rebuilding, and we are adjusting to new coaching staff and a new defensive scheme. Be realistic in your expectations.

Something everyone has failed to mention today is that the Tigers swept the A's last night. That had to be a huge motivating force for the Lions today.

Mahdi
10-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Everything starts at the lines. We still dont get enough pressure on opposing QBs with our front four and JP is always being pressured. There is no way McGee or any other corner in the league for that matter is going to hang with Roy Williams on routes that take that long to develop. And you cant expect a young QB to deal with a DE in his face on every drop back. If Jp wasnt mobile add another 5 sacks to the Detroits total. LT, DE and G. Priorities for next year.

billsfairweatherfan
10-15-2006, 03:41 PM

I'm sick of never playing a full 4 quarters.

I'm sick of Losman making rookie mistakes despite it being his 3rd year in the league.

I'm sick of missing tackles and getting bowled over in the run game (the Bills gave up over twice the Lions' season average in rushing).

I'm sick of penalties (decreased numbers in this game but came at critical junctures).

This is ****ing bull****.

K, P, S, RB are set- every other position needs an upgrade in the offseason, and LT is our #1 priority.
You are so right .but wait here comes all the jp excuses for his mistake .somebody else is to blame,just a rookie,showed some spark. throws deep,...yes all very good but jp still stinks it up again.

Iehoshua
10-15-2006, 03:41 PM
You are so right .but wait here comes all the jp excuses for his mistake .somebody else is to blame,just a rookie,showed some spark. throws deep,...yes all very good but jp still stinks it up again.
:rofl: @ username

SquishDaFish
10-15-2006, 03:47 PM
I agree with most OP but QB is all SET. The LINES are what needs to be fixed. We fix these problems on the LINES then we will be good.

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 03:57 PM
I agree with most OP but QB is all SET. The LINES are what needs to be fixed. We fix these problems on the LINES then we will be good.
QB is ANYTHING but set.. If this season is LOsman's audition for the future, at BEST he's been AVERAGE this year.. and unless he improves or you dont mind 8-10 games a year with three or more turnovers, I'd call QB ANYTHING but set....

SquishDaFish
10-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Hes getting his experience now. Hes going to be a good QB. Every team needs a decent OL and we have a CRAP OL except Fowler and Peters.

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 04:06 PM
He should get to season's end and if he DOESNT knock off the stupidity that cost your team games, then you go into the free agency and try to find the 2007 version of Drew Brees, look at what he's done for the Saints...

I agree about NOT taking a rookie QB (unless its Quinn which wont happen), but I wouldn hesitate to take a veteran QB with poise in the FA market, ESPECIALLY with the makeup of this roster.

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Im sick of people whining

grow some balls

I see, so we're supposed to be HAPPY that the Bills got crushed by the Bears then lost to the previously winless Lions? WTF?

Anyone who gives a **** about this team has every right to whine at the moment.

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 06:58 PM

JP was pretty poor in the first half and not bad- but not great- in the second half. I don't want to put this loss entirely on him because a big part of it had to do with the D not stopping the run. But he certainly shares the blame and I just get sick of him making rookie- type mistakes after nearly 2 1/2 years in the league.

billsburgh
10-16-2006, 01:26 AM
He should get to season's end and if he DOESNT knock off the stupidity that cost your team games, then you go into the free agency and try to find the 2007 version of Drew Brees, look at what he's done for the Saints...

I agree about NOT taking a rookie QB (unless its Quinn which wont happen), but I wouldn hesitate to take a veteran QB with poise in the FA market, ESPECIALLY with the makeup of this roster.
That's all well and good about getting a qb in free agency next season, but how often does a qb the quality of Brees become available in free agency. In most cases, if a qb is available in free agency it is because his former team chose not to resign him because he wasnt that good to start.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 02:54 PM
That's all well and good about getting a qb in free agency next season, but how often does a qb the quality of Brees become available in free agency. In most cases, if a qb is available in free agency it is because his former team chose not to resign him because he wasnt that good to start.
see Culpepper for proof

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 02:58 PM

.every single game? I'm almost sure you were on the wagon up until the Vikes game. Looks like you're off it again. You'll be back on it again, and then off and then on and then........

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Tough to be a Bills fan!!!

raphael120
10-16-2006, 03:11 PM
every single game? I'm almost sure you were on the wagon up until the Vikes game. Looks like you're off it again. You'll be back on it again, and then off and then on and then........

I dont know about anyone else but the bills never convinced me. oh, sure, i was TRICKED to believing that the miami game was a defining moment for the bills, but look at how bad they friggin suck. if the bills won, or even SHOWED UP to the bears game, sure, count me in on the bandwagon, but this bills thing isnt even a bandwagon, its an outhouse on training wheels, it's disgusting, pathetic, and again, im tired of seeing the same crappy product put on the field for 7 years straight.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
I dont know about anyone else but the bills never convinced me. oh, sure, i was TRICKED to believing that the miami game was a defining moment for the bills, but look at how bad they friggin suck. if the bills won, or even SHOWED UP to the bears game, sure, count me in on the bandwagon, but this bills thing isnt even a bandwagon, its an outhouse on training wheels, it's disgusting, pathetic, and again, im tired of seeing the same crappy product put on the field for 7 years straight.
Its the fault of those fans who got their hopes high up until the Vikes game. They forgot that we're rebuilding. I mean seriously, Marv should be in Canton as a GM if people thought he could turn this team around in 5 games. We're a surprise team and will continue to do so. But don't get your hopes up because every now and then, our rebuilding will show.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 03:18 PM
every single game? I'm almost sure you were on the wagon up until the Vikes game. Looks like you're off it again. You'll be back on it again, and then off and then on and then........

I don't recall ever saying anything good about the coaching staff. Even in the victories I wasn't exactly thrilled, but even I'm not one to complain too much when we're winning.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 03:24 PM

btw weren't you the one who jumped down my throat and said "you weren't even willing to give them a chance- you were wrong about everything" blah blah- there's no way to win with you. You jump down my throat when I'm negative then accuse me of bandwagoning when I'm not negative.

and you said this season was all about improvement- well where is it? Last year we got blown out several times (just like the Chicago team) and lost to at least three teams that drafted higher than us (just like losing to 0-5 Lions). Show me where the improvement is.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 03:34 PM
btw weren't you the one who jumped down my throat and said "you weren't even willing to give them a chance- you were wrong about everything" blah blah- there's no way to win with you. You jump down my throat when I'm negative then accuse me of bandwagoning when I'm not negative.

and you said this season was all about improvement- well where is it? Last year we got blown out several times (just like the Chicago team) and lost to at least three teams that drafted higher than us (just like losing to 0-5 Lions). Show me where the improvement is.
First you're not willing to give them the benefit of a doubt and then apologize and then now back to where you started. If I didn't know any better , I'd think you're a Kerry fan.

I call the bills based on each game . I wait for facts. I am I still high on this team and cautiously optimistic that we're headed the right direction. But I will criticize the team after every performance. Not before.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't recall ever saying anything good about the coaching staff. Even in the victories I wasn't exactly thrilled, but even I'm not one to complain too much when we're winning.
So when you said "This team is better than I thought" who do you think was the brains behind that? Moolarkey?

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 03:41 PM
So when you said "This team is better than I thought" who do you think was the brains behind that? Moolarkey?

I think I may have jumped the gun when I've made that comment. Other than Evans, the safeties and to a lesser extent McGahee, no one on this team has impressed me at all.

And anyway, coaching is more than just picking the right players- there's that whole thing that goes on DURING the game too. And so far our offense has been poorly conceived and our D just seems unprepared for whatever is thrown at them.

Hell, we gave up 130 rushing yards to a team missing 3 starters on their OL.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 03:46 PM
I think I may have jumped the gun when I've made that comment. . That seems to be your habit

Other than Evans, the safeties and to a lesser extent McGahee, no one on this team has impressed me at all.

And anyway, coaching is more than just picking the right players- there's that whole thing that goes on DURING the game too. And so far our offense has been poorly conceived and our D just seems unprepared for whatever is thrown at them.

Hell, we gave up 130 rushing yards to a team missing 3 starters on their OL.No ones impressed me either other than Moorman and Lindell. I wouldn't have been impressed either by Lovie Smiths first year or BB or ...... Save the "exception to the rule" argument. There's been too many exceptions lately. So before you bring that up, wait for 2 years before you use that argument on Jauron.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 03:49 PM
That seems to be your habit

No ones impressed me either other than Moorman and Lindell. I wouldn't have been impressed either by Lovie Smiths first year or BB or ......

I'm just looking for improvement. Moorman and Lindell were good last year too. It's 6 games into the season- in what areas are we definitively better than last year? I simply don't see any and that's what spurred this thread.

I know we're rebuilding, but I don't think it's too much to ask to have the team NOT embarrass themselves. We were embarrassed two weeks in a row.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Op, I'm not even sure we're set a RB. Willis doesn't have a particularly good attitude, he doesn't always run hard or hit the holes with power, and he lacks breakaway speed. He's Travis Henry, but with less heart.

Given our other needs, however, I guess we live with Willis.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Op, I'm not even sure we're set a RB. Willis doesn't have a particularly good attitude, he doesn't always run hard or hit the holes with power, and he lacks breakaway speed. He's Travis Henry, but with less heart.

Given our other needs, however, I guess we live with Willis.

Willis has his flaws- that's to be expected with guys from Thug U. But he can play when he wants to. At this point, and given the other needs of this team, I think it would be easier to try to make him want to play hard than to try to find a replacement.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Willis is in the top 5, for rushing yards in the NFL. And was leading the NFL overall for the first 4 weeks. Remember, this is with a paperback line.. Out of all the guys on our offense, Willis is the best one. If Willis doesnt play well, our whole offense wont play well.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Willis is in the top 5, for rushing yards in the NFL. And was leading the NFL overall for the first 4 weeks. Remember, this is with a paperback line.. Out of all the guys on our offense, Willis is the best one. If Willis doesnt play well, our whole offense wont play well.

the problem is that willis runs hard and plays well when willis wants to run hard and play well.

He doesn't give consistent effort. Examples: the NE game this year and 2005.

illusionone
10-16-2006, 04:57 PM
see Culpepper for proof

What about Drew Brees - he wa a cast off and he's doing pretty good. You really can't say he inherited a great team either.
:candle:

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 05:01 PM
the problem is that willis runs hard and plays well when willis wants to run hard and play well.

He doesn't give consistent effort. Examples: the NE game this year and 2005.
Its not that he isnt trying hard, he is just getting shut out. Look at what the line is giving him man. Its like an elephant trying to squeeze through a chimney. I see Willis get tackled in the backfield all too often.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Its not that he isnt trying hard, he is just getting shut out. Look at what the line is giving him man. Its like an elephant trying to squeeze through a chimney. I see Willis get tackled in the backfield all too often.

you can see when it's effort and when it's not. Sometimes he dances rather than hitting holes full speed- like he's thinking of stats and breaking the big one instead of just getting the first down. The best example of this is the 4th down against NE but there's plenty of other examples.

When he has good games, its because he doesn't dance and hits holes hard. But he doesn't always put that effort in.

ScottLawrence
10-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Our number one priority next to getting a quarterback, is getting a Nose Tackle over 300 pounds, and of course upgrading th offensive line like every year.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 05:08 PM
you can see when it's effort and when it's not. Sometimes he dances rather than hitting holes full speed- like he's thinking of stats and breaking the big one instead of just getting the first down. The best example of this is the 4th down against NE but there's plenty of other examples.

When he has good games, its because he doesn't dance and hits holes hard. But he doesn't always put that effort in. He sure hit the holes hard against the Vikings. Out of all the problems on offense, Willis is the least of my worries. If you put Willis on a team with a decent OL, he would be amazing. Buffalo better not let him go, he is a franchise RB. Lastly, Willis almost NEVER fumbles. Which is points in my book.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 05:12 PM
He sure hit the holes hard against the Vikings. Out of all the problems on offense, Willis is the least of my worries. If you put Willis on a team with a decent OL, he would be amazing. Buffalo better not let him go, he is a franchise RB. Lastly, Willis almost NEVER fumbles. Which is points in my book.

if you put any NFL RB on a team with an OL they'll be amazing. You think Willie Parker would be anything other than 3rd string if he was in Buffalo?

You made my point exactly- Willis is a franchise RB when he hits the holes hard, like he did against the Vikes. But my concern is that he's proven he can't be counted on to do that every week.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 05:18 PM
What about Drew Brees - he wa a cast off and he's doing pretty good. You really can't say he inherited a great team either.
:candle:
He wasn't really a castoff, per say. He was the Bolts' franchise player last year and has had a few really good seasons. He started off his career slowly but caught fire after they drafted Rivers. Had he turned it up a year earlier, he'd still be in San Diego cause the Bolts would've never drafted Rivers.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 05:23 PM
if you put any NFL RB on a team with an OL they'll be amazing. You think Willie Parker would be anything other than 3rd string if he was in Buffalo?

You made my point exactly- Willis is a franchise RB when he hits the holes hard, like he did against the Vikes. But my concern is that he's proven he can't be counted on to do that every week.

Actually sir, you made my point. Willy Parker is a franchise RB in pittsburgh with a good line. Willis is a franchise RB in buffalo w/o a line. You said it yourself, Willy Parker would be a 3rd stringer here.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Actually sir, you made my point. Willy Parker is a franchise RB in pittsburgh with a good line. Willis is a franchise RB in buffalo w/o a line. You said it yourself, Willy Parker would be a 3rd stringer here.

what makes you think Willis would hit the holes hard every week if we had a better OL? I'm not complaining about Willis' ability- I'm complaining about his attitude and effort. Fixing our OL won't change Willis' mentality. He plays when he wants to.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 05:35 PM
what makes you think Willis would hit the holes hard every week if we had a better OL? I'm not complaining about Willis' ability- I'm complaining about his attitude and effort. Fixing our OL won't change Willis' mentality. He plays when he wants to.
Im not sure where you are coming up with these attitude and effort things about Willis. He has been very supportive to our team so far. He also brings the Bills GOOD publicity. When is the last time you have seen a Buffalo Bills player on a commercial? I see no basis for your comments, questioning Willis's attitude and effort. He is a highly regarded and well respected RB in the NFL.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Im not sure where you are coming up with these attitude and effort things about Willis. He has been very supportive to our team so far. He also brings the Bills GOOD publicity. When is the last time you have seen a Buffalo Bills player on a commercial? I see no basis for your comments, questioning Willis's attitude and effort. He is a highly regarded and well respected RB in the NFL.

you need to read some of the posts around here- I'm not the only one who thinks this. Go watch a tape of the NE game and tell me if it looks like he's running hard on every play.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Willis' attitude and effort were called into question when he skipped every voluntary OTA this past offseason....the only player, I believe, to do so

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 05:43 PM
you need to read some of the posts around here- I'm not the only one who thinks this. Go watch a tape of the NE game and tell me if it looks like he's running hard on every play. Im not trying to argue with you, and I see what everyone is posting here. Just because the majority of people are saying something, Im not going to say the same thing to fit in/agree. Sometimes the right stand is the unpopular one. Maybe the reason Willis looks sluggish at times, is because he is getting clobbered in the backfield every other play.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Willis' attitude and effort were called into question when he skipped every voluntary OTA this past offseason....the only player, I believe, to do so

also he's supposed to be a leader on offense- the Bills were installing a new offensive system and he decided to work out and party with his buddies at Thug U rather than join the team. He showed up in good shape, but he could have shown up in good shape with a good handle on the new offense.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Im not trying to argue with you, and I see what everyone is posting here. Just because the majority of people are saying something, Im not going to say the same thing to fit in/agree. Sometimes the right stand is the unpopular one. Maybe the reason Willis looks sluggish at times, is because he is getting clobbered in the backfield every other play.

I'm not saying you should agree just to fit in with the crowd- I'm saying you should agree because it shows on the field and many other people have noticed it.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 05:47 PM
I guess your talking about Willis working out at 'tha U'. It really doesnt bother me he is doing that. He looks ALOT better this year than last. Around 10-15 lbs. lighter, he looks faster and more agil. What Willis did this offseason isnt actually too uncommon. Dont forget the great Bruce Smith was known for skipping the voluntary OTA's. Also, the keyword is voluntary. The players do not have to come, its optional. If Willis looked like crap this year, I would have a problem with him working at tha U. But that is simply not the case..

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm not saying you should agree just to fit in with the crowd- I'm saying you should agree because it shows on the field and many other people have noticed it. I respect your opinion and post. I just dont agree with it.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 05:53 PM
I guess your talking about Willis working out at 'tha U'. It really doesnt bother me he is doing that. He looks ALOT better this year than last. Around 10-15 lbs. lighter, he looks faster and more agil. What Willis did this offseason isnt actually too uncommon. Dont forget the great Bruce Smith was known for skipping the voluntary OTA's. Also, the keyword is voluntary. The players do not have to come, its optional. If Willis looked like crap this year, I would have a problem with him working at tha U. But that is simply not the case..
problem is, we were installing a new system this year. Bruce was notorious for skipping camp practices and OTAs, yes...but I'd wager he was more dedicated to making them in 95 under a new system

kernowboy
10-16-2006, 05:54 PM
I think its hard to say JP has had 3 years. His first year was ruined with a broken leg, his second by Mularky/Donahoe mismanagement and he has started to very slowly turn the corner with proper coaching. At the moment next years top QBs in Free Agency are Schaub who's restricted and Simms and Ramsay who are not. None of these may be an upgrade and could easily be a Rob Johnson.

As I've said in other posts, we cannot draft a QB without having adequate protection in place. Unfortunately the only currently decent lineman available is Steinbach who will have at least a transition if not franchise tag.

Firstly we need to give JP more weapons in addition to Evans, somebody with height and Dan Graham may just be available. I can't see the Pats protecting him with their depth. In the draft we should trade down and hopefully end up with this
R1 Greg Olsen, Blocker/Reciever, upgrade over Royal
R2 Doug Free or Joe Staley LT
R2/3 Ryan Harris or Mike Otto or one of the above if they slip (extra pick for trading down)
R3 (ours) Dan Bazuin - forget the stats, first and foremost a footballer
R4 Justin Hartnell - plays injured, would Triplett do that?

We can think about QB in 2008 .. after all even Orton got the Bears to the playoffs last year and Grossman has taken 4 YEARS to come good.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 06:55 PM
problem is, we were installing a new system this year. Bruce was notorious for skipping camp practices and OTAs, yes...but I'd wager he was more dedicated to making them in 95 under a new system
I cant argue that point at all.. However, you could look around the entire league and have trouble finding men more dedicated than Bruce was.